#Brexit

We know you don’t believe in democracy unless you win. Luckily you’re a loser.
Up until recently this thread has been pretty civilised compared to most Brexit related things I read, but now it's degenerating into the same old tired and childish "losers!" taunts, which seem to be the default position of Brexiters who've run out of reasoned arguments or lack the intellect to debate them in the first place.

For what it's worth, democracy isn't a one time event otherwise we'd have no more general elections would we? If Labour win, the Tories don't pack up and go home, shrug their shoulders and say "Ah, well lads, we lost". In a healthy democracy one side wins and the other sides continue to campaign for their policies, argue in favour of their ideas and vote against the incumbents. The idea that if one side wins the other side should simply shut up and accept is itself undemocratic.

Just a thought: It's probably a good idea to get your Euro's for your summer jollies before the 31st of this month as the pound is likely to take a big hit as we leave with a no-deal Brexit

leaving all the politics aside, as expats we're pretty worried about it all tbh. I should be ok myself but my missus doesn't have any legal rights at all beyond the grace period the government here offered foreign ressies

There was a funny video doing the rounds taken at a Farage-led fishermen's rally from down my way. The local wind-up merchant went around asking people if they ate fish. 90% were quite happy to admit on camera that they couldn't stand it :lol:

We have got the famous Pie Factory in Tipton that do pies and one is called the "See EU later Pie, No Brussel Sprouts in this one" class

Local pubs by me called the Island Inn & Tame Bridge also doing a Brexit Party on Friday. Excellent stuff

All remainers welcome but have to pay on the door with the new 50p hahaha

Back