#Brexit

The sad thing is, those who speak loudest about supporting it are likely going to be those who suffer the most.

Absolutely. I wonder when the penny will drop it's those at the top that are mugging us, not the people at the bottom. Where will society be by then? The Tories and the Tory press do a very good job of pulling the wool.

It's funny; a Tory supporting, pro-Brexit friend posted something on FB about the BBC being full of middle class liberal elite types, while he's quite happy to be led by a bunch of toffs, most of whom will never have lived in the real world. It doesn't take much googling to find BJ insulting the working class. He's made some horrible comments around Hillsborough for example. Go figure.

No more polska shops as you say once they have gone it will free up more space for different business opportunitys other than eastern european shops

Have you not questioned why there are so many?

If you enjoy pubs, clubs or any form of live music venue, you should be grateful for them. I am, and I have no use for them personally, but here's why:

If they didn't have a business willing to move into them, they would be turned into residential dwellings, which would put these entertainment establishments in jeopardy.

The era of the "high street" is over

Business rates and unit rents are crippling and yet use is continuous on a downward trend. Landlords are eyeing where the big bucks are: transforming to flats

That pub that's been next door with the 1am license since day dot will play second fiddle to the needs and concerns of residents as soon as any change happens

If polski shops are really such a concern to you, my advice would be to ditch your supermarket and your Amazon prime account, start buying your weekly shop in the independently-owned local high street mini mart and convince everybody you know to do the same as well

Last edited:

If you enjoy pubs, clubs or any form of live music venue, you should be grateful for them. I am, and I have no use for them personally, but here's why:

If they didn't have a business willing to move into them, they would be turned into residential dwellings, which would put these entertainment establishments in jeopardy.

Business rates and unit rents are crippling and yet use is continuous on a downward trend. Landlords are eyeing where the big bucks are: transforming to flats

That pub that's been next door with the 1am license since day dot will play second fiddle to the needs and concerns of residents as soon as any change happens

If polski shops are really such a concern to you, my advice would be to ditch your supermarket and your Amazon prime account, start buying your weekly shop in the independently-owned local high street mini mart and convince everybody you know to do the same as well
My local Polish shop has shut down and is opening up as a pet shop after Christmas.

West Bromwich Town Centre hasn't got any nightlife apart from a wetherspoons and 4 indian desi style pubs, thats why everyone jumps on the tram into Birmingham for a night out. It used to be great in the 90s but has died a death since through lack of investment.

It is literally what I have said it is, eastern european shops galore with kebab houses a bank and a bookies and independant desi sweet shops.

Yet I go to a town like Wigan and it is full of life? Bars, clubs & pubs in the town? The high street isn't dead at all, its all down to investment. Some have had the funding some haven't

We've had our say to help put things right and improve things by voting leave. I hope West Bromwich gets investment it needs and more life in the town than its currently got.

I shop at my local butchers for meat Alan Warwick Butchers, can't vouch for other people what they do with there money is there business. I also eat at plenty of independant restaurants and spend alot of money in the process so your advice is taken but not needed thanks anyway

Last edited:
What is the difference between an indy polski shop? And the likes of Samsung, LIDL etc anyway, apart from the fact you might be spending money in a shop where the owner of the business might actually appreciate and need your custom

Surely a foreigner is a foreigner, right? Why not boot them all out, if that's the issue. Can always buy your electronics from a UK retailer after all

What is the difference between an indy polski shop? And the likes of Samsung, LIDL etc anyway, apart from the fact you might be spending money in a shop where the owner of the business might actually appreciate and need your custom

Surely a foreigner is a foreigner, right? Why not boot them all out, if that's the issue. Can always buy your electronics from a UK retailer after all
What is the need for 6 in the same street? 5 buildings that could of been used for something else?

Its just typical that remainers try to give Leavers lectutes & endless answers on why they shouldn't of voted leave. Not like we are the ones who see the day to day life in the town because we live there :rolleyes:hilarious to presume that we have got a live music venue & bars to go to aswell.

Accept it for what it is, folk have had enough, if you don't live in that deprived area how would you know what goes on? Whats in your town will be different to whats in others, I gurantee folk on this board live in a better funded area than I do.

Its funny how leavers don't lecture remainers on what you should of voted on this board. We accept that folk vote differently. It is what it is, yet you still can't grasp why we voted leave when we have provided evidence through links and personal experience of the area we live in.

Last edited:
What is the need for 6 in the same street? 5 buildings that could of been used for something else?

I'm sure your town planning would rather there was diversity, but they probably couldn't find an alternative.

Does any town need five vape shops? Six barbers? Or four mobile phone stores either? Let alone multiple McDonalds etc.

What's the difference? I see imbalance everywhere.

There must be a demand for that many or else a few would go out of business. And maybe some of them will, who knows?

I'm sure your town planning would rather there was diversity, but they probably couldn't find an alternative.

Does any town need five vape shops? Six barbers? Or four mobile phone stores either? Let alone multiple McDonalds etc.

What's the difference? I see imbalance everywhere.

There must be a demand for that many of else a few would go out of business. And maybe some of them will, who knows?
No they don't I agree with you on that. But we didn't have a vote on wether we should have 5 phone shops or 2.

We had a vote on leaving the EU or Remaining & beens as the folks in West Bromwich want more control on EU nationals coming in, and beens as though West Bromwich & Sandwell in general is the go to place for EU nationals, it made sense to vote leave, as there isn't anymore need for any more eastern european food shops than there already is, not forgetting more unchecked criminals coming here

What do you think they'll change to once the Brexit magic wand has been waved over your town?
In my previous posts I have said I can't see them going back which is fine. But already the number of EU nationals coming here have dropped, which opens the door for new business ideas. I would happily have some nice bars, restaurants, designer shops and normal shops to swap places. More police in the town to help, just a better standard of living in general, would create more jobs and bring money into that part of the town.

Last edited:
Its funny how leavers don't lecture remainers on what you should of voted on this board. We accept that folk vote differently. It is what it is, yet you still can't grasp why we voted leave when we have provided evidence through links and personal experience of the area we live in.

Don't cry snowflake, its over now. Another reason why you lost referendum & last night, out of touch

I suggest you start listening to us instead of your own delusional views. You might get somewhere

Seem to have pulled your neck in a little now you are getting challenged on a few bits.

Last edited:
Seem to have pulled your neck in a little now you are getting challenged on a few bits.
Nah, discuss like an adult and you get answers like an adult. Come on here and call peoples posts bullshit because you don't agree expect to get treated like a kid.

After all this discussion, remainers still can't see why we voted leave after evidence provided and from people who live in the worst areas. And they call Brexiteers thick:rolleyes:

The reason for me calling you out for BS was that you seemed to be suggesting we don't need to act on climate change because China will carry on regardless, then said Andrew Neil was right for "ripping a green politician a new one"...what was it you were saying about discussing things like an adult?

The brexit vote wasn't a landslide result either way...the country was split, which is why there is so much discourse and difference of opinion over the result. I've never criticised anyone on here for how they vote or their opinions....but with the result being almost a 50/50 split it's going to be very hard "uniting the country" just like that. its fair enough to question people's opinions in a respectful way but I'm not sure you've always been respectful.

The reason for me calling you out for BS was that you seemed to be suggesting we don't need to act on climate change because China will carry on regardless, then said Andrew Neil was right for "ripping a green politician a new one"...what was it you were saying about discussing things like an adult?

The brexit vote wasn't a landslide result either way...the country was split, which is why there is so much discourse and difference of opinion over the result. I've never criticised anyone on here for how they vote or their opinions....but with the result being almost a 50/50 split it's going to be very hard "uniting the country" just like that. its fair enough to question people's opinions in a respectful way but I'm not sure you've always been respectful.
Yes but its a fair point isn't it? Sort of defeats what we are trying to do? So thats why I said its pointless. We need to turn our attentions to tackling our domestic problems first before trying to save the world.

And yes i try and do my best for the planet before you say I don't.

Don't forget it was Labour who said buy diesel all those years ago :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back