#Brexit

Cheers for the link, but I've got a few points to raise from their own policy document;

You have to have lived in Sandwell for a minimum of 5 years before joining the register if I've read that correctly. Which suggest it's not just the case that people turn up, get pregnant and get given a house. Additionally, if you go down to their Band ratings, nowhere in Band One does it say that pregnant women are a priority group. Sure, they may be some circumstantial examples that the local papers may have run with, or Sally down the shops told someone about, but I've not seen anything in their policy that says they're given a priority.

The wider issue, surely, has to be the lack of affordable homes and the lack of council homes that the Tory government have built since they've been in power?

All the buildings in your town centre are full? Well unless Google Street View is lying to me, I think you might be wrong there. What I also found was that whilst there are a few foreign deli's and takeaways dotted around, the vast majority of shops are staples of any UK high street. Banks, coffee shops, £ shops, furniture shops, fast food restaurants.

On your last point, I truly hope you're right. I really do. But I worry that it will be a case of the turkeys voting for Christmas.
Just found this after looking at the website

1. the near future.
  2. Households who have dependant children (where at least one of the children is aged 16 or below and are in receipt of Child Benefit) and whose main and principle home is a flat or maisonette.

So there you have it. Priority for houses, you really need to get out of your remain bubble and open your eyes instead of looking down that arrogant nose of yours. No wonder you lefties lost the vote

Here’s some lack of tolerance for you.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48146305
Edited to add this link.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...ution-christmas-attacks-nigeria-islamic-state
I was earning the current UK average as an apprentice, a long long time ago, so I’ve no idea why that’s relevant to this argument.

Right so please do explain to me why when we're discussing a lack of tolerance in the UK you're not quoting links regarding the Middle East? Can you actually read?

I doubt you have ever stepped foot in the Black Country let alone know what town centre to search for. I live in a block where the folks in the upstairs flat have been offered a house after being only on the council for 2 years because they have a kid. Shes on benefits and he works 3 days a week so I doubt they bought a house. So thats another incorrect statement you have made

To help you out I suggest you google Carters Green high street to open your eyes as to what the average town centre look like around here. But beens as you are an Arsenal fan you probabley live in a leafy green area of the south, where Corbyn can't do no wrong.

Houses are affordable in my area, and there are plenty of them, its the scuffs the council puts in them thats the problem.

I nearly bought a 3 bed semi detached for 112k had it not fallen through due to the tennant needing a power of attorney to sell it so they are affordable

Wrong. And I just checked Sandwell given that's the area you were on about. Ironically enough, it was Carters Green high street that I looked at :D Unreal. Everyone else is free to take a look and see that you're massively exaggerating the problem here.

And actually, it's not another incorrect statement at all. I clearly gave you the councils own housing policy wording to prove my point. You gave me one single example based on circumstantial evidence, as I said you would.

I definitely don't live in a leafy green area, I actually live in an area that has one of the most run down high streets in the country, who have had a Tory MP for the past 16 years at least.

Just found this after looking at the website

1. the near future.
  2. Households who have dependant children (where at least one of the children is aged 16 or below and are in receipt of Child Benefit) and whose main and principle home is a flat or maisonette.

So there you have it. Priority for houses, you really need to get out of your remain bubble and open your eyes instead of looking down that arrogant nose of yours. No wonder you lefties lost the vote

Two things.

Number one. That's a direct quote from BAND THREE. Not Band One. Not Band Two. So definitely not a priority. Secondly. Can you see the little "and whose main and principle home is a flat or maisonette" bit?

Jesus, no wonder you leavers struggle with facts if you can't even read coherently.

Right so please do explain to me why when we're discussing a lack of tolerance in the UK you're not quoting links regarding the Middle East? Can you actually read?

Wrong. And I just checked Sandwell given that's the area you were on about. Ironically enough, it was Carters Green high street that I looked at :D Unreal. Everyone else is free to take a look and see that you're massively exaggerating the problem here.

And actually, it's not another incorrect statement at all. I clearly gave you the councils own housing policy wording to prove my point. You gave me one single example based on circumstantial evidence, as I said you would.

I definitely don't live in a leafy green area, I actually live in an area that has one of the most run down high streets in the country, who have had a Tory MP for the past 16 years at least.
If you are happy to live in a shithole town with nothing but eastern european shops & kebab houses then good luck. I ain't and neither are the people that voted leave

Here are some more towns to look at.

Lye

Smethwick

Dudley

Pelfrey in Walsall

The list is endless

"Nothing but".

Mate, I've literally just street viewed your town centre and it's banks, coffee shops and takeaways with the odd Polish deli thrown in.

You'd save everyone a lot of time if you just admitted you don't like foreigners.

Two things.

Number one. That's a direct quote from BAND THREE. Not Band One. Not Band Two. So definitely not a priority. Secondly. Can you see the little "and whose main and principle home is a flat or maisonette" bit?

Jesus, no wonder you leavers struggle with facts if you can't even read coherently.
Of course it is a priority if you have a kid you will get a house. why have the tennants been offered a house then yet haven't been on the council for 5 years or more? Yet I tried to apply but can't. That is a fact

Last edited:
"Nothing but".

Mate, I've literally just street viewed your town centre and it's banks, coffee shops and takeaways with the odd Polish deli thrown in.

You'd save everyone a lot of time if you just admitted you don't like foreigners.
Utter bollocks. "The odd" polish deli, I live here and can say that there is more than one.

I do like foreigners, I don't like scroungers, I don't like people who come here and don't speak English yet want to settle here, I don't like the Romanian tea leafs that sit on the streets begging, as a matter of fact I went and had an Italian earlier where the gaffer was wearing a lovely Armani suit which I complemented him on. So there goes your myth

No, IF you have a kid and IF you're currently living in a flat and IF there's nobody in the two bands above you, then you'll be housed. That's hardly a priority now is it? There's multiple categories who get actual priority. And as before, none of this would be an issue if they had built more council houses.

Are they hidden from Google then? Did they all pop up since April this year which is when the street view images are from?

Ah, the old argument from people who claim they're not racist/xenophobic. So you don't like scroungers, but you also don't like when they create jobs and work here, and you don't have a problem with foreigners because you told a guy he had a nice suit.

f***ing hell you're an actual parody. :D:D

"Nothing but".

???you’re a either proper snowflake who’s offended by everything or just a mummy’s boy!!

Facts are people in the UK voted to leave the EU and they have voted the conservatives in. It’s happening, you can either stay in the Uk or go somewhere else.

Carry on googling but you ain’t goner change anything ????

???you’re a either proper snowflake who’s offended by everything or just a mummy’s boy!!

Facts are people in the UK voted to leave the EU and they have voted the conservatives in. It’s happening, you can either stay in the Uk or go somewhere else.

Cracking riposte, you have a proper way with words.

Two things.

And you remainers/lefties struggle with democracy, and keep on ending up on the losing side.

No, IF you have a kid and IF you're currently living in a flat and IF there's nobody in the two bands above you, then you'll be housed. That's hardly a priority now is it? There's multiple categories who get actual priority. And as before, none of this would be an issue if they had built more council houses.

Are they hidden from Google then? Did they all pop up since April this year which is when the street view images are from?

Ah, the old argument from people who claim they're not racist/xenophobic. So you don't like scroungers, but you also don't like when they create jobs and work here, and you don't have a problem with foreigners because you told a guy he had a nice suit.

I don't see how opening eastern european shops creates any jobs apart from the bloke who runs it?

I have just googled the street but can't upload files as to big for screenshot. I have counted 6 eastern european shops all in one street along side the usual kebab houses. What is the need for any more?

Sarcasm is lost on you

And as for housing argument, that is the problem can't you read and see that? They are coming here having kids or coming with kids yet want to jump on the council ladder. Which is doing working single folks out of a chance to get on it. If they can afford a kid they can afford to buy a house!

How can you blame the Torys for not building enough houses when the area has been Labour since the beginning of time?

Last edited:
And you remainers/lefties struggle with democracy, and keep on ending up on the losing side.

Yet again you're showing your inability to read.

Where have I said we need to overturn the result, or refused to accept it?

Questioning the claims made and challenging the views of those who voted for it doesn't mean I struggle with democracy.

The sad thing is, those who speak loudest about supporting it are likely going to be those who suffer the most.

He is an Arsenal supporter and remain voter. Tells you all you need to know. Probabley sits down to have a piss aswell

Yet again you're showing your inability to read.

Where have I said we need to overturn the result, or refused to accept it?

Questioning the claims made and challenging the views of those who voted for it doesn't mean I struggle with democracy.

The sad thing is, those who speak loudest about supporting it are likely going to be those who suffer the most.
In my trade those at the bottom were earning £150 a shift before the EU A10 expansion, this is now £70 a shift. Thanks to cheap labour from overseas.

Back