#Brexit

I would say its the other way around, that is the major reason why we haven't left yet
So tell me this, what good do you believe Brexit will bring to your local area? Genuine question btw, no government spin bollocks, just want to hear views from the other side of the fence so to speak

I live 2 miles from the irish border and it will be catastrophic for our fragile local economy

So tell me this, what good do you believe Brexit will bring to your local area? Genuine question btw, no government spin bollocks, just want to hear views from the other side of the fence so to speak

I live 2 miles from the irish border and it will be catastrophic for our fragile local economy
I live in the Black Country where Labour have held it since the beginning of time. West Bromwich West is my constituency

Parts of it are run down, lack of investment, not forgetting how bent sandwell council are. The Torys have promised to invest in our towns that need it. New Metro links to Birmingham, more police on the street

On Brexit

This topic has been done before on here but you used to have towns like West Bromwich which was hustle and bustle with clothes shops, and a local community feel , local people used to love it there as it was safe.

Now its run down with Eastern European shops one after another, there has been trouble in the town where gang violence between Romanians & Polish people which caused a pub to close, you also have Romanian tea leafs who are on the rob begging and pickpocketing. Its definatley not safe to go out after dark on your own if you are old especially.

When I was in for surgery at Sandwell Hospital, I saw the vast amount of Eastern Europeans abusing the NHS, one was flying back to Poland a few days later after surgery, not being a resident in the UK either. You can see why the NHS loses out on money

Not forgetting the amount of people on benefits when at the dentist. Mainly Eastern Europeans, some can't even speak English and when they do its basic

Not in my area but its been reported that there was also a German citizen who came to the UK, didn't find a job, ended up on crack and on the streets, decided to rob 3 poppy appeal boxes to get by, all in the space of 3 months, he ended up doing a 13 week stretch in OUR prison? Why wasn't he deported and banned from visiting the UK?

There are too many people like this coming to the UK chancing it and failing, checks on the people that come here, what they can offer the UK, surley isn't that hard to ask? Would be safer and numbers controlled?

Instead of a vast amount of people coming here with no checks at all.

Last edited:
I live in the Black Country where Labour have held it since the beginning of time. West Bromwich West is my constituency

Parts of it are run down, lack of investment, not forgetting how bent sandwell council are. The Torys have promised to invest in our towns that need it. New Metro links to Birmingham, more police on the street

On Brexit

This topic has been done before on here but you used to have towns like West Bromwich which was hustle and bustle with clothes shops, and a local community feel , local people used to love it there as it was safe.
Trusting the gov't to follow through on their promise of funding should be your concern. As you know, the Tories wouldn't be known for lavish spending on public services

Last edited:
Trusting the gov't to follow through on their promise of funding would be your concern i guess. As you know, the Tories wouldn't be known for lavish spending on public services
I agree they need to carry out there pledges

Last edited:

On Brexit

Now its run down with Eastern European shops one after another, there has been trouble in the town where gang violence between Romanians & Polish people which caused a pub to close, you also have Romanian tea leafs who are on the rob begging and pickpocketing. Its definatley not safe to go out after dark on your own if you are old especially.

When I was in for surgery at Sandwell Hospital, I saw the vast amount of Eastern Europeans abusing the NHS, one was flying back to Poland a few days later after surgery, not being a resident in the UK either. You can see why the NHS loses out on money

Not forgetting the amount of people on benefits when at the dentist. Mainly Eastern Europeans, some can't even speak English and when they do its basic

Not in my area but its been reported that there was also a German citizen who came to the UK, didn't find a job, ended up on crack and on the streets, decided to rob 3 poppy appeal boxes to get by, all in the space of 3 months, he ended up doing a 13 week stretch in OUR prison? Why wasn't he deported and banned from visiting the UK?

There are too many people like this coming to the UK chancing it and failing, checks on the people that come here, what they can offer the UK, surley isn't that hard to ask? Would be safer and numbers controlled?

Instead of a vast amount of people coming here with no checks at all.
Add this ‘Italian’ to the list. Free movement is great...
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/man-living-small-heath-charged-17449948

I'm fairly sure if one wanted to they could post just as many links if not more to gangs/murders/hate crimes/racist attacks from UK nationals ??‍♂️

But why invite more problems on top of what you already have?

Also I’d like to know why remoaners think countries like Romania benefit the UK. Uk nationals won’t go to Romania to live and work as the standard of living is lower for example.

Also why would you want other countries having a say on how you govern in your own country, especially ones who pay very little into a budget, which is pretty much propped up my Germany, uk, France,

Well considering said undesirables live in their own country I’m sure you could.
Point taken

But plenty uk gangs in Costa del sol etc and the Dublin gangs too

A trip down memory lane would not show Britain in good light in regard to invading other countries etc.

I live in a country that didn't even exist when my great granda was my age (due to Britain)

I'm not really clued in with politics so I enjoy reading both sides of the argument on here. But the thread is spiralling into a them versus us type of debate unfortunately.

Point taken

But plenty uk gangs in Costa del sol etc and the Dublin gangs too

A trip down memory lane would not show Britain in good light in regard to invading other countries etc.

I live in a country that didn't even exist when my great granda was my age (due to Britain)

I'm not really clued in with politics so I enjoy reading both sides of the argument on here. But the thread is spiralling into a them versus us type of debate unfortunately.
Every country has its dark past but we have done more for the world than many others, more good than bad aswell.

I was asked why I voted Brexit for my area, yes there are British nationals that commit these crimes aswell but unfortunatley you can't stop them coming in the UK, you can make a stand with the criminal foreign nationals. Why would I want to not do something about it when I had the chance?

At the end of the day, if free movement had its + points more than its - points then I doubt we'd of even had a referendum.

I appreciate if you live in a plush part of West London and your neighbour is a German brain surgeon then you would think its madness voting leave. But get out of the London bubble and go to the areas that are affected worse by immigration then you can see why people voted leave.

Back