#Brexit

Ahh those links again. Its vice versa see? Have you happened to look at the links i suggested or not? Probabley not as it doesnt suit your argument.

Its plain to see we are not going to change opinions, they need to adabt to our way of life better, there is more bad than good coming out that camp, their isnt enough people speaking out against terrorism and sex attacks etc for me to even consider them the way i do indians who i have nothing but admiration for.

I shall leave it at that. Its the weekend

Surely there is more to Brexit than just immigration ? and even if we do leave the EU nothing is going to change on that front. UK is a diverse country and the Muslims were here well before 9/11 and the Taliban. Nearly every Muslim person I have met condones the attack and most are embarrassed by the actions of ISIS and actually actively willing Saudi to go into proper military action against them. I love a diverse Britain its what makes us great.. Id rather that than a nation of Nuckle Dragging work shy Neanderthal Chelsea supporters.

haha im an atheist so no fan of any religion.
Trump tells people that someone else is the cause of their problems and he's gona 'sort em out' playground bully style , and people who feel angry or marginalised buy into it. The guy is a joke and their are more than a few similarities with Hitler who I assume you are no fan of?

Its the same with the media hysteria over muslims or eastern europeans. Blame those guys they are stealing all these benefits etc . its just diversion

We could leave the EU and build an extra big wall around the UK to boot. :twisted:

Personally I hate being in the EU. It has become a bureaucratic monster that has grown way out of control and has become worryingly expansionistic taking in all those Eastern European countries that contribute little or nothing financially yet have the same vote as us (the 3rd biggest financial contributor after France and Germany) when it comes to financial policy. It's an absolute joke. That said, I also believe we should stay in the EU. If we leave we will need to negotiate 50+ new trade deals. Fine. Except people are forgetting one thing. If we NEED these trade deals then we will not be bargaining from a position of strength- quite the opposite. And, as is highly likely, the negotiations drag on, the countries who we are negotiating with will have us by the short and curlies. And what do we even have to offer anymore? We have no major industrial manufacturing base anymore, even more so now that the steel industry has pretty much died.

To those that say they want to re-take control of our borders can you actually hear yourselves? If we didn't have proper control of our borders there wouldn't be over 3000 people stuck at Calais right now. They aren't there because the French are keeping them there. Think about it. And besides, the quickest and most effective way to control immigration would be to close the Channel Tunnel and that will never happen because it's owned by private enterprise.

Spain will almost certainly start agitating about Gibraltar again, only this time they will have the full support and protection (legal and otherwise) of the EU whereas we won't. The Scots have also said they will demand a new referendum and this time, without a doubt, they will win.

Some people have said they want to be free to sort our own laws but would you honestly trust this or indeed any other government to protect the employment laws, the health and safety laws or the consumer safety laws (all of which came from the EU) that keep us safe in our work and daily lives? Or do you think they might trample all over them in order to serve their mates in 'big business'. I know what I think.

There are those that have said they want to re-take control of our security. I've got news for you people. Those people who may one day strap on an explosive vest and walk into a busy shopping centre on a busy Saturday afternoon.... they're already here. Do you honestly think that Al Quaida or ISIS or whoever else is going to bother importing someone to do that when they're already having such success in radicalising people in their own bedrooms? Were we able to prevent the Manchester bombing, Warrington, Canary Wharf, Brighton, Birmingham or Guildford? Of course not, so what extra security measures does anyone think we might be able to implement that might prevent future bombings?

Finally, if we did leave what do you think France and Germany would try to do? They would try to get all member states to tax, levy or both every single trade, sale, purchase or deal we make with any EU country. They would also charge a fortune for visas and work permits for Brits to work in the EU because France and Germany are spiteful like that and they won't be at all pleased about picking up the financial slack left by us leaving.

It might be hot, smelly and we might not like the people in there with us but to misquote horribly somebody from history, I would much rather be inside the tent p1ssing out than be outside the tent being p1ssed on

The Scots have also said they will demand a new referendum and this time, without a doubt, they will win.

Nonsense. Scotland voted against independence, Sturgeon and her cronies can't just decide to hold a referendum every time they disagree with something. TheSNP have been found out in Scotland and even if there was another vote they wouldn't win.

Personally I hate being in the EU. It has become a bureaucratic monster that has grown way out of control and has become worryingly expansionistic taking in all those Eastern European countries that contribute little or nothing financially yet have the same vote as us (the 3rd biggest financial contributor after France and Germany) when it comes to financial policy. It's an absolute joke
....this is the only part I agree with:)

Personally I hate being in the EU. It has become a bureaucratic monster that has grown way out of control and has become worryingly expansionistic taking in all those Eastern European countries that contribute little or nothing financially yet have the same vote as us (the 3rd biggest financial contributor after France and Germany) when it comes to financial policy. It's an absolute joke. That said, I also believe we should stay in the EU. If we leave we will need to negotiate 50+ new trade deals. Fine. Except people are forgetting one thing. If we NEED these trade deals then we will not be bargaining from a position of strength- quite the opposite. And, as is highly likely, the negotiations drag on, the countries who we are negotiating with will have us by the short and curlies. And what do we even have to offer anymore? We have no major industrial manufacturing base anymore, even more so now that the steel industry has pretty much died.

To those that say they want to re-take control of our borders can you actually hear yourselves? If we didn't have proper control of our borders there wouldn't be over 3000 people stuck at Calais right now. They aren't there because the French are keeping them there. Think about it. And besides, the quickest and most effective way to control immigration would be to close the Channel Tunnel and that will never happen because it's owned by private enterprise.

Spain will almost certainly start agitating about Gibraltar again, only this time they will have the full support and protection (legal and otherwise) of the EU whereas we won't. The Scots have also said they will demand a new referendum and this time, without a doubt, they will win.

Some people have said they want to be free to sort our own laws but would you honestly trust this or indeed any other government to protect the employment laws, the health and safety laws or the consumer safety laws (all of which came from the EU) that keep us safe in our work and daily lives? Or do you think they might trample all over them in order to serve their mates in 'big business'. I know what I think.

There are those that have said they want to re-take control of our security. I've got news for you people. Those people who may one day strap on an explosive vest and walk into a busy shopping centre on a busy Saturday afternoon.... they're already here. Do you honestly think that Al Quaida or ISIS or whoever else is going to bother importing someone to do that when they're already having such success in radicalising people in their own bedrooms? Were we able to prevent the Manchester bombing, Warrington, Canary Wharf, Brighton, Birmingham or Guildford? Of course not, so what extra security measures does anyone think we might be able to implement that might prevent future bombings?

Finally, if we did leave what do you think France and Germany would try to do? They would try to get all member states to tax, levy or both every single trade, sale, purchase or deal we make with any EU country. They would also charge a fortune for visas and work permits for Brits to work in the EU because France and Germany are spiteful like that and they won't be at all pleased about picking up the financial slack left by us leaving.

It might be hot, smelly and we might not like the people in there with us but to misquote horribly somebody from history, I would much rather be inside the tent p1ssing out than be outside the tent being p1ssed on

I think we have a winner

Nonsense. Scotland voted against independence, Sturgeon and her cronies can't just decide to hold a referendum every time they disagree with something. TheSNP have been found out in Scotland and even if there was another vote they wouldn't win.
What's stopping them from holding another referendum? The Spanish central government couldn't stop the Catalans holding one recently and if Britain leaves the EU it would likely be funded by Europe as well. You say the SNP have been found out in Scotland and even if there was another vote they wouldn't win. On what do you base this? All but two of my Scottish friends say they would vote to leave the union in a new referendum if only to 'get from under the jackboots of this Tory government' (their words, not mine). This is a major swing from about 50/50 last time, and the two that would vote to remain have significant business interests south of the border.

Well written, Padster.

If I were in the UK, I'd vote in.
You all might be on an island, but you're still European, and the future of Europe is better rooted in unity than in every country for itself.
You've got a billion plus Chinese, 300-odd million Americans and 140 million Russians to compete with :lol:

The pound has dropped sharply since the Brussels attacks. My hotel could end up any price by the time I pay for it ffs.

Can't get to my GP for two weeks! And children from war torn countries living in tents partly because we're full and stretched as a country because of free movement within the EU. Two reasons off the top of my head at the gym why I'd like to leave. The economic argument makes me think differently. I think there'd be a definite lull if we left. The uncertainty of how long makes me think long and hard.

Brexit will be a disaster for Brits who've moved to Spain, including I guess quite a few on here.

3 for starters:

1. The whole palaver applying for NIE/DNI
will get a whole lot worse
2. Banks/ATMs - everything will get a whole lot more expensive
3. Healthcare - cushy till now but you'll be stuffed unless you can afford private

Just not worth the hassle....

The closer we get, the harder it becomes to call...I actually think there is more chance we will leave now.

Back