#Brexit

sadly, british politics has turned into an utter freak-show - very entertaining of course, but with potentially horrendous consequences for real people

May is a dalek and Corbyn thinks he's at the student union - neither fit for the seriousness of the situation

not that I could sign this petition but the link has just gone bad somehow (at least for me that is)

not that I could sign this petition but the link has just gone bad somehow (at least for me that is)
It seems that many people are refreshing the site to see what the total has reached and that's putting it under strain. That or the Govenment has shut it down :oops:

Needless to say, I'll be at the march too!

1 million marched against the Iraq war. Beat that!
Lockheed Martin stocks was at 50 USD in jan 2003. Today 298 USD. Inbetween those years Obama got the peace prize.

Chart of BAE systems show the major shakeout accumulation in des 2002, good news for all who bought stocks in the third largest weapon producer. at 486 GBP today.

Attachments

• Skjermbilde (90).png
    Skjermbilde (90).png
    57.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
yeah, but what about.....
tell us something positive about Brexit and how it's going.

Just to be clear you are asking me to comment on something that hasn't happened yet? Unless you're asking me about the process then yes I agree it's been a shit show.

Ps 1.8mill petitioned to stop Trump visiting.

The process has largely been a shit show due to a 2/3 majority remain HoC doing their upmost to sabotage and frustrate the democratic will of the people... if everyone just got on with it and stopped spitting their dummy out over losing we would be in a a far better position.

Really don’t see what petitions like the above add to anything...

If the UK parliament doesn't respect a referendum, petitions are pretty much void.

The process has largely been a shit show due to a 2/3 majority remain HoC doing their upmost to sabotage and frustrate the democratic will of the people... if everyone just got on with it and stopped spitting their dummy out over losing we would be in a a far better position.

you're joking right?

ok imagine you go to a pub with some mates and nominate a driver to take you home afterwds, warning your mate beforehand about not drinking, but then your driver mate gets drunk regardless and then you have no choice at the end of the night but to get in that car to get home. So you're on the road and the driver is assuring you everything will be fine whilst swerving really dangerously on the dark road. And then one of the other passengers tries to grab control of the steering wheel. Would you at this point say to them "aah but you can't do that because we all nominated X to drive us home, so you have no right to step in!" Would you f**k! You seize that steering wheel and don't let go!

you're joking right?

ok imagine you go to a pub with some mates and nominate a driver to take you home afterwds, warning your mate beforehand about not drinking, but then your driver mate gets drunk regardless and then you have no choice at the end of the night but to get in that car to get home. So you're on the road and the driver is assuring you everything will be fine whilst swerving really dangerously on the dark road. And then one of the other passengers tries to grab control of the steering wheel. Would you at this point say to them "aah but you can't do that because we all nominated X to drive us home, so you have no right to step in!" Would you f**k! You seize that steering wheel and don't let go!

If me and my mates sat down beforehand and promised to allow that driver to drive regardless of how much he drank - knowing that there was approxmately a 40% chance he would be drunk - then I would feel honourbound to let him drive if he did indeed end up drunk. If I would never have been prepared to allow him to drive me home drunk then I wouldn’t have made such an agreement in the first place.

Really don’t see what petitions like the above add to anything...

Odd, the Brexiteers like Rees-Mogg and Farage have been spitting their dummies out over losing the initial vote to join the EU for over 40 years.

Oh and as for Lord Brexit Farage, he couldn't even be bothered going on this March to Leave bollocks he organised that had about fifty people turn up to.

And don't give me that whole "democratic will of the people" nonsense - it was a simplistic vote that greatly undersold the complexities required, and con-artists have since been peddling lies about how easy it will all be because it's easier to lie to people than get them to admit they've been hood-winked. The issue isn't with parliament trying to prevent Brexit, it's with them trying to make it as least damaging as possible. The issue here is that there is not any consensus for what type of Brexit.

latest is it looks like TM is leaning twds going full all-out - which is really serious and scary. I think if this is correct there's a chance some tories will unite with labour in another no-conf motion to stop it happening and force an election. the final throw of the dice and nuclear option. I don't know if an election would settle anything if it was another stalemate though, but the situation is reaching critical mass and I think a lot of desperate MPs will consider anything

Tonight, leaving on 29 March is off
extension to 22 May if the PMs WA passes
extension only till 12 April if it fails (probably) then the chance of a longer extension if we take part in the euro parli elections.

Back