Any new parties next year?

Saturday or Sunday would be a good shout. Particularly mopping-up all those based in San An who don't really know their beans and are only there for a few days over the weekend. That way they'd probably even get a few informed tech heads with little else on offer.
Sometimes promoters find it hard to book DJ's on the weekends due to the competition from the European festival circuit offering big money.

Sometimes promoters find it hard to book DJ's on the weekends due to the competition from the European festival circuit offering big money.
This is v.true. But how big-a-name are you honestly expecting them to bring in anyway?

Whatever night you choose is gonna be a bad choice tho tbh. Monday's you got circo am cocoon, Tuesday is cc and together. Wed is hyte, paradise an we love and the list goes on. Gotta bite the bullet an go for a night that suits your needs best as a promotor I guess

I concur. of course thursday might look like a bad choice at first glance, but then which night isn't? fridays and saturdays are a no-go because the people behind the project play elsewhere (and neither of those nights are any easier than thursdays anyway in my opinion) and sundays...also not sure it'd be an easier one than thursday.

This is v.true. But how big-a-name are you honestly expecting them to bring in anyway?
Well, having a glance at there Facebook page the biggest names I see are Marco Bailey and Ken Ishii, admittedly their not stadium fillers.
And possibly contradicting myself We-Love proved you can book quality on a Sunday.
I think they are gonna struggle on Thursday though. I suppose we will see once the season gets underway. Hopefully Eden will get some people through the door this summer, they definitely need a change in luck after last Years catastrophe!

No, I guess if you look in the grand scheme of things a new techno night (particularly at one of the less-fashionable clubs) is never going to have an easy ride regardless of which night. But that logo & imagery... of all the nights...

Different genre, but reminds of when Alex Kunnari's Colors went head-to-head with Armin in 2013. I think you will struggle to find techno bods opting for Eden over ENTER. I genuinely do. Maybe if they price it right and get a headliner in with a bit of gravitas, who knows? If they cut the workers a really good deal...

this debate has been done to death, but i'm just not convinced that Eden/Es Paradis/San An will ever pull in big numbers to an 'underground' night.

Last season (before it went tits up with Gatecrasher) Creche for example had some really solid line ups. No earth shattering huge headliners (that will be impossible due to deals etc elsewhere) but solid enough line ups. And they really struggled for numbers. They werent the first and prob wont be the last, i just dont think that type of night is going to work in San An. I dont know why, but recent history shows that it doesnt. Maybe an aspect of the reason is that your typical Ibiza clubber is only on the island for a very limited timespan and therefore they want to go the bigger nights that have on the biggest headliners (eg to use the example of this thursday night at Eden, people will pick Enter over that and you have the same scenario virtually every night of the week. Its very very tough for new nights)

this debate has been done to death, but i'm just not convinced that Eden/Es Paradis/San An will ever pull in big numbers to an 'underground' night.

Last season (before it went tits up with Gatecrasher) Creche for example had some really solid line ups. No earth shattering huge headliners (that will be impossible due to deals etc elsewhere) but solid enough line ups. And they really struggled for numbers. They werent the first and prob wont be the last, i just dont think that type of night is going to work in San An. I dont know why, but recent history shows that it doesnt. Maybe an aspect of the reason is that your typical Ibiza clubber is only on the island for a very limited timespan and therefore they want to go the bigger nights that have on the biggest headliners (eg to use the example of this thursday night at Eden, people will pick Enter over that and you have the same scenario virtually every night of the week. Its very very tough for new nights)

that might apply to people that "know" their music
your general party goer based in San An might not choose on that basis - perhaps its all about convenience, price etc etc

the old saturday nights at Eden (before the last 2 seasons) might have done ok
local djs and limited guests
likes of Slam, Bailey, varela etc playing

that might apply to people that "know" their music
your general party goer based in San An might not choose on that basis - perhaps its all about convenience, price etc etc

the old saturday nights at Eden (before the last 2 seasons) might have done ok
local djs and limited guests
likes of Slam, Bailey, varela etc playing
i see what you are saying. But it also applies (in my opinion) to the people are not necessarily as musically clued up......these people still want to attend the 'big nights', the ones that they have heard of.......so they may not know the majority of DJ's on the line up but they still want to attend Carl Cox at Space cos they have heard of Coxy. Same applies (to a lesser extent) to DC10. Its viewed as 'the place to be' by a lot of people who will have no idea who is DJing whilst they are there.

i see what you are saying. But it also applies (in my opinion) to the people are not necessarily as musically clued up......these people still want to attend the 'big nights', the ones that they have heard of.......so they may not know the majority of DJ's on the line up but they still want to attend Carl Cox at Space cos they have heard of Coxy. Same applies (to a lesser extent) to DC10. Its viewed as 'the place to be' by a lot of people who will have no idea who is DJing whilst they are there.

absolutely

some will chase the music
some will chase the name
some will simply go for the cheapest/closest venue

as long as these Eden nights that are "competing" with bigger ones stay realistic - they have a chance
e.g. focus on a big enough name to draw some crowd but not that big that its a drain of resources - local talent as well may draw local crowds

absolutely

some will chase the music
some will chase the name
some will simply go for the cheapest/closest venue

as long as these Eden nights that are "competing" with bigger ones stay realistic - they have a chance
e.g. focus on a big enough name to draw some crowd but not that big that its a drain of resources - local talent as well may draw local crowds
agreed. I hope Eden has a decent summer. I just wont be surprised if the more 'underground' nights there fail to pull decent numbers.

I still can't believe nobody at Eden & Es Paradis has cottoned onto the fact that their ticket prices are way above & beyond what they should be.

If they priced it right they could easily get more numbers in. Their target audience should be those who aren't as clued-up musically - the kind of ppl who resent paying silly money for the "big" parties. Punters won't fork out €35+ for nobody line-ups, particularly if they know a) it won't be busy enough to have any kind of atmosphere & b) the West End with Hush etc is right on their doorstep and free!

It does not take a genius.

Forget about producing (and paying for!) loads of discount wristbands - which mostly get unused anyway - just make your admission reasonable and justified.

Stagger the pricing - go back to basics. Free before midnight, €10 before 1am, €20 standard, €10 late doors (4-5am-ish) << or something similar to that effect

I guarantee they would make so much more money and get more ppl through the door!

wa Mondo Loco not a relative success at Eden?
more underground music, limited big name guests and cheaper entry IIRC

I still can't believe nobody at Eden & Es Paradis has cottoned onto the fact that their ticket prices are way above & beyond what they should be.

If they priced it right they could easily get more numbers in. Their target audience should be those who aren't as clued-up musically - the kind of ppl who resent paying silly money for the "big" parties. Punters won't fork out €35+ for nobody line-ups, particularly if they know a) it won't be busy enough to have any kind of atmosphere & b) the West End with Hush etc is right on their doorstep and free!

It does not take a genius.

Forget about producing (and paying for!) loads of discount wristbands - which mostly get unused anyway - just make your admission reasonable and justified.

Stagger the pricing - go back to basics. Free before midnight, €10 before 1am, €20 standard, €10 late doors (4-5am-ish) << or something similar to that effect

I guarantee they would make so much more money and get more ppl through the door!

Couldn't agree more, a couple of years ago ended up in Es Paradis (got drenched on a Mamboat trip and staying in San An seemed acceptable the state we were in) and when got to the door they wanted €70 each! I laughed and said nice try mate, how about €70 for the 3 of us....and a 'deal' was done! Seconds later the 'young uns' behind us paid €70 each! Ridiculous!!

That's good to hear Stivi, with 1 month to go to the openings there is still alot of missing lineups/nights. Can't wait to see what's annouced.

Dariuss and his gang moving to sundays at vista

Competing with Viva? That's bold as the sound is similar and because there's so many other events going on Sundays. Would have thought they would have chosen another night

yeah, heard it too about darius at vista club. at least they only start in july but there is no chance in hell this is going to be a success with lawler for the brits and workers, solomun at pacha and possibly luciano at space. good luck with that.

yea you need to be a big draw to pull people all the way to Privi.....I think only el row was able to pull it off, don't see how this will last more than 2 nights

Back