10 ways Ibiza will change in 2019

Well aware that Ibiza caters for all ages but you only have to look at the passengers on your flights and social media to determine that Ibiza in general attracts more of a younger audience
When I flew over to Ibiza 2 weeks ago there was maybe 10 people younger than me on the plane and i’m 43! It was like a grey tsunami when they called the fight!

No older people on your social media feeds! What a surprise!

i like that only in ibiza my 22 year old daughter comes out partying with me, she wouldn’t do that at home, inside HI i saw some couple in their mid-twenties with the Girls parents.
My daughter spent most of them 10 days we were in Ibiza at Ocean Beach, was like a Kindergarten where parents can just leave them there, i went there aswell, not really my scene, music was ok but far from that what i like, didn’t see any people taking substances.
But i do agree with that article...

Last edited:
Well aware that Ibiza caters for all ages but you only have to look at the passengers on your flights and social media to determine that Ibiza in general attracts more of a younger audience
Again mate ,, do you Check for the cheapest flight when booking ??
Some of us pushing 40 have been there done that ..

Cheapest flights will have the youngest peeps on it

Check the average age on the ba out of city

If you look at san an / pdb it’s a young island but these 2 resorts are 10% of the island

clothes shopping with the missus is the seventh circle of HELL 99% of the time - although we did have a laugh at Dalias haggling with some of the 'hippies' on the stalls. Part of the fun is trying to work out who is authentic and who isn't!
the ibiza spirit festival had a few of these.....gucci bags seemed to be a popular accessory there but i guess they are necessary as harem pants don't have pockets for the range rover keys

When you have hundreds of easyJet and Ryanair rocking up on a weekly basis. The premium you pay for your boarding card to say BA is irrelevant

As for San An / PDB being 10% of the island.... The island is the size of Hertfordshire...

My comment may have been a bit ignorant however daily I see stereotypical derogatory comments those that are suggestive of the younger person and I feel it is forgotten that the island is biased towards the clubbing/party scene

Not disagreeing with anything that has been said, we all have a point of view, but I think it’s important to cater to the younger crowd with places like OBC etc

If people come to Ibiza at a young age and really enjoy it, they will want to return for years to come.

Worked for me.

i like that only in ibiza my 22 year old daughter comes out partying with me.

Family goals right there for me! Good on you mate!

At 6 and 13(going on 23 :rolleyes:) getting both my girls out to Ibiza for a family holiday is one thing I really want to do.

Will probably ruin me like :confused: it’s hard enough taking them both out for the day :spank: literally collapse into my bed afterwards.

When you have hundreds of easyJet and Ryanair rocking up on a weekly basis. The premium you pay for your boarding card to say BA is irrelevant

As for San An / PDB being 10% of the island.... The island is the size of Hertfordshire...

My comment may have been a bit ignorant however daily I see stereotypical derogatory comments those that are suggestive of the younger person and I feel it is forgotten that the island is biased towards the clubbing/party scene

take it from someone who bases his opinion on factual statistics and not where he hangs out that demographically the only difference in tourists on the balearic islands is nationality. as for age and gender the percentages on ibiza, mallorca,and menorca are more or less the same.

ie. kids, middle aged and older people make up the vast majority of tourists to the islands though if you spend all your time in magaluf, playa de palma or pdb you probably wouldn't realise this.

Went to Ocean Beach for the first time 'properly' this year (actual first time years ago I was hungover on a free wristband and didn't have a bed) and have to say I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.

The team there are giving the public what they want, a cheap entry price, a pseudo VIP experience, they maintain the club well it feels clean and fresh. Drinks are still pricey but not club prices (we paid 42euro for a bucket of 6 San Miguel so 7 Euro a bottle)

No reason why Es Paradis for example coulden't have been bold a few years ago and opened the retractable roof and put daytime/evening events with a VIP feel, but they stuck in their ways trying to flog increasingly dated nights.

As for 2019 in general, I think the island is in for a pivital year. The signs are there that all is not well with even regular contributors on here leaving average to poor reviews about Ibiza 2018. There's a whole Winter of lineup changes to come, and no doubt surprises in store but it feels like a lot don't like the current direction things are heading in.

Last edited:

Parts of the island are yes. I think it’s more a case of quantifying your remarks. It’s easy to assume it’s only a party island. The parties and clubs are great but I can assure you that is not all that Ibiza offers.

You should visit the other parts of the island if you get the chance.

Back