Your opinion or review on Ushuaia?

no wonder.
actually it IS corporate/cheesy and soulless ...

Exactly lol. It's a shame, the setting alone makes it feel like that. I twice thought about going to Ants this year as the one early evening party on offer on a Saturday but both times just couldn't be bothered because of the venue.

Never been and don't intend on it - but out of interest, what are the toilets like in this place? All ive ever heard is they are horrendous queues! how many do they have?! 2?!

Never been and don't intend on it - but out of interest, what are the toilets like in this place? All ive ever heard is they are horrendous queues! how many do they have?! 2?!

I've never queued to go, well maybe in a line of 2/3 people.
Different story if you need a number 2 perhaps.

Lots of folks waiting for the stalls for obvious reasons which backups the queue a lot in the early part of Ants, but later on when the whole place is open the bathroom on the left near the bar area up front opens up as well as another bathroom to the right of the stage.

I hear what you guys are saying, but I've had a blast there. Been there twice for Ants and once for La Familia. I wish it went on past midnight.

Said it before will say it again. Ibiza now engulfed in July and August with folks who think they should be going there but don't quite know why they should be there.

I know certain people will be happy because money is money but for me...(ach what will be will be)

Last edited:
I love an outside party myself. Not too keen on the way Ushuaia is set out or the majority of parties they do. But I have to say I've been to ants and a closing party and I had a great time on both occasions. Although a bit disappointed that the music suddenly stopped dead on midnight halfway through a tune at the ants party.

I've been to Ushuaia for the opening party and for La Familia, and I have to say both were great parties.

I understand why a lot of people don't like the sound of it, given the sort of clientele most of the events they through throughout the year attract. But if you do go for the right event (especially openings and closings where it does stay open past midnight) you can have a great night in there under the night sky.

With all the praise about ants and the great atmosphere might I add that I'm really disappointed about where the party has gone musically.
Almost every DJ (with few exceptions) plays the same boring tech-house shit there, just because it works at this party. Listen to the live transmissions of regulars like fanciulli, allendes, maas, tapesh, catzn dogz, tanzmann, gorgon city, eats everything... - I bet you, you won't notice ANY difference in their sets.
booooring functional stuff without any soul or merit. at ants these guys aren't any better than hardwell and avicii. zoo is better by a mile musically.

With all the praise about ants and the great atmosphere might I add that I'm really disappointed about where the party has gone musically.
Almost every DJ (with few exceptions) plays the same boring tech-house shit there, just because it works at this party. Listen to the live transmissions of regulars like fanciulli, allendes, maas, tapesh, catzn dogz, tanzmann, gorgon city, eats everything... - I bet you, you won't notice ANY difference in their sets.
booooring functional stuff without any soul or merit. at ants these guys aren't any better than hardwell and avicii. zoo is better by a mile musically.

^^^ totally agree. not just there either...

I think Ants has become more popular through association (ushuiaia, Guetta, sprogs with no clue). I always thought Antz might be decent due to the people I'd see going in, used to hear decent music coming from inside the place, pdb was never as manic outside Ushuiaia on 'Antz day' etc but after dropping my daughters off outside ants in August and seeing a video on IG from this year I'm definitely not going as I think it has become different to what it once was (or what I imagine it was).

I went twice this year for the first time, initially on Saturday for ANTS and then again on Tuesday sort of spur of the moment because it was our last night there.

ANTS for me worked great, especially for a daytime party as the vibe is more mellow, chilled house with a bit of tech thrown in as the sun goes down. Perfect for standing around the pool and just chilling out on your first day.

Tuesday for Hardwell was diabolical though, I don't think I've sat through more than 10 minutes of a live 'EDM' set before but it was shockingly bad. It just sounded like a kids party mix (which looking at the ages of people around me wasn't far from the truth) there was no flow, no mixing, just constant drop after drop with all the kiddies jumping up and down like things possessed.

Interesting to see two different sides to the place though, I hope that it keeps it's more 'underground' parties, or preferably moves them to Space 2.0

As a venue I don't dislike it, but it is incredibly 'posey' and you do occasionally feel out of place without a six pack and biceps...

Tuesday for Hardwell was diabolical though, I don't think I've sat through more than 10 minutes of a live 'EDM' set before but it was shockingly bad. It just sounded like a kids party mix (which looking at the ages of people around me wasn't far from the truth) there was no flow, no mixing, just constant drop after drop with all the kiddies jumping up and down like things possessed.

Why did you go to this if you haven't sat through 10 minutes of edm music before?

Surely this music must be coming to an end soon...

Why did you go to this if you haven't sat through 10 minutes of edm music before?

Surely this music must be coming to an end soon...

Oh I've heard EDM before, you can't avoid it...

I've just never consciously gone somewhere where it's been played live, and definitely not sought it out in Ibiza. We just went because we were twiddling our thumbs before Space on Tuesday and Ushuaia was the closest place to us - in hindsight, not a good choice we all agreed lol

Oh I've heard EDM before, you can't avoid it...

I've just never consciously gone somewhere where it's been played live, and definitely not sought it out in Ibiza. We just went because we were twiddling our thumbs before Space on Tuesday and Ushuaia was the closest place to us - in hindsight, not a good choice we all agreed lol

Lesson learned and at least you went to Cox afterwards - the night wasn't a total loss.

Back