Your most powerful Ibiza memory.

2002 first time there ,just getting off the plane and my mate goes and takes a pee next to the wheel of the plane :eek::eek: nearly got him sent straight home , it was hillarious though :D

so many memories...

first time in amnesia for cocoon (2001 i think) and green velvet were playing live. when they played la la land i really did feel as if i had arrived in la la land.

bora bora one day dancing in the sun and stand by me came on. people from all different countries singing along in different accents with their hands in the air. totally encapsulated what ibiza means to me!

cocoon again (not sure what year) and justice vs simian - we are your friends came on. think it was miss kitten and we were right in the middle of the main room. it felt as if everyone in their was best mates! immense!

The first time I went. Getting off the plane at 2am and driving up the San Rafael road towards a big beam of light cutting through the sky and driving past Amnesia and thinking 'WOW' were finally here! :)

How many memories

i like many other people probably state that their most powerful memories was the first time they experienced something out there. My first overpowering memory was the first time I visited "Cafe Del Mar" back in 1991. having read about the place in a magazine I just knew i had to find it. I was staying in PDB and went on an awefull pub crawl organised by the reps over to San An, aftet visiting some shocking bars i asked the rep where CDM was, he asked why on earth i wanted to go there? i just told him i wanted to find it so he pointed me in the general direction and off i went in search. Back then the "sunset strip" was just CDM, Mambo (not how it is now ) and Rey De Copas, after much searching i came across the "Cafe" and felt like i had reached home! it was about midnight and there were just a handful of people there, a couple of guys playing backgammon at one table and some very chilled music playing. me and my g/f just sat there for an hour or so taking in the vibe and feeling proud of ourselves for making the effort. This may seem tame right now as every man and his dog know where the place is but back then it was not well know at all. I've been back pretty much every year since and this July actually got to play there, which is now my most powerful memory! may be doin it again early Sept.

I wasnt there - but its one of those stories that "sticks" ....... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That was such a great day - Buckley gave us memories that will stay with us for a very long time. I remember very little of dj'ing, apart from playing Mr Brightside and finishing with Love Will Tear Us Apart - which was proper spur of the moment stuff - so it's cool people remember it !
And yeah, I fell in the pool on the way round to get our taxi. I fell in with my record bag, TWO cameras, a mobile phone and my wallet. Some guy on one of the loungers dived in after my records (respect !). I remember the bit at the front of the villa being PITCH BLACK, I couldn't see my hand in front of my face - and there was some funny chat with all the people waiting.
As Justin Lee Collins would say: GOOD TIMES !

Too many to mention but one random once is around leaving Tonic at Space when finished it around lunchtime on a Fri and heading to Bora Bora and dancing on tables (before H&S and Security kicked in big style) on the beach for the first time - the feeling was amazing - it felt so so wrong to be having so much minxy fun on a Friday lunchtime in front of people sunbathing in family groups on the beach,but oh so right at the same time.... :lol::lol::lol:

.....also taking a phone call from work on a wet and dreary Fri in Newcastle which for some reason just lifted me even higher and was the cherry on the cake .... :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I had a Saturday morning battered at Space sorting out a locksmith back in London on the phone.

Actually, I've done quite a lot of work on the phone muntered in Ibiza:lol:

My first trip to Ibiza

Arrived at the Algarb at 5 pm saturday dropped bags straight to drinking at bora bora.

back to hotel really drunk disco nap off to Pacha morrillo was playing a great set

cab back to PDB had breakfast at that place across from burger king?

walked down the beach to Space doorman said we had too much sand on us:eek:
Went to the bathroom at Jet to clean up

I got into space I was in a state the music was great. stayed until 1 pm left because I could only say yeah and jibber jabber.

Walked the wrong way to get to my hotel.

decided to stumble along the water line dressed took shoes off.:eek:

Made it back to the Algarb remember this guy from Manchester (know him now) saying that yank won't make it the week.:oops::eek:

Actually, I've done quite a lot of work on the phone muntered in Ibiza:lol:
I've issued a press release on a business deal worth billions from an Internet cafe in PdB
qVvEYGIMIc2Q3Js+lHdOpocTzCi7J8uxsD4ToStqW2RCip4TqpSu8JjIHrerTUgIjxQab7nv7X6gxehKBiJWibnXAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

(the missus was not pleased to be temporarily left alone at a nearby restaurant in the middle of a boozy lunch :lol:)

It'd be harder to think of an environment in Ibiza in which I didn't take a work phone call :lol:

Every time i enter a club in Ibiza, it is the most powerful feeling to me, to be joined by hundreds of other people, all happy and enjoying life. But for me, the most powerful moment of Ibiza was my first time in 2007, i was only 16 and went with a friend and her family. We went for a meal at Cafe Del Mar and the sunset was truly breathtaking, i have never tingled or felt so happy in my whole life. It was a beautiful moment, and as we sat on the rocks, with 'champagne supernova' (unusual song i know) playing in the background, i strangely felt like i had found the place where i belonged. The beginning of the song, where the waves are washing, and watching the sea do just that, fit into place perfectly, and i have never experienced another moment like it since. I will now never lose my connection with Ibiza, and will continue to go throughout my life, although maybe not for the clubbing as i get older ha. The clubbing needs no introduction as the music just blows you away everytime, but this was something truly special.

I've issued a press release on a business deal worth billions from an Internet cafe in PdB
qVvEYGIMIc2Q3Js+lHdOpocTzCi7J8uxsD4ToStqW2RCip4TqpSu8JjIHrerTUgIjxQab7nv7X6gxehKBiJWibnXAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

(the missus was not pleased to be temporarily left alone at a nearby restaurant in the middle of a boozy lunch :lol:)

It'd be harder to think of an environment in Ibiza in which I didn't take a work phone call :lol:

my most important meetings typically take place on the middle of the dance floor

The laid back atmosphere, full of down to earth people with everyone just having a good time, listening to great music, is just amazing. The vibe can just not be described properly.

My most powerful memory has to be doing shots with the legend Louie Vega (have a look at my profile pic) at Cafe Mambo, he is very down to earth, which makes him even more of a hero!

Having torrential rain pouring on us at dinnertime whilst dancing in the old terrace in space, which I think is the terraza now in 2003 (I think) I had to remove my clothes 3 times to ring them as they were weighing me down. I'd had 1 bottle of smirnoff ice and nothing else.. it was very surreal being rained on in a nightclub, it might have been a manumission afterparty or something as the people who ran it were all there dancing away, amongst other freaks.. everyone in there was uber cool and I felt like a right nerd compared to them.. it was the first holiday that i went to space :)

What a great thread!, and it is great to be able to read (an be slightly jealous of) about everyones powerful ibiza memories.

for me :

First visit to Ibiza , at Amnesia opening party and dancing on a bass bin and just admiring the view and thinking "YES I am here!"

Attending one of the last Manumissions at Priviledge (perfect party + venue combination) and stood there chatting to Andy McKay and Zane Lowe and hearing someone say "excuse me" , as Frank Lampard wanted to get past us.

Getting V VIP wristbands we were not expecting , and getting to hang out with people you had never dreamt of meeting that night.

Watching the Sun set before you go out big time, and then watching the sun rise as you head home/look for the next party.

And the feeling you get everytime you arrive at the airport...turn round and look at the "Ibiza - Evissa" sign

Man...I LOVE Ibiza!
:)

Having torrential rain pouring on us at dinnertime whilst dancing in the old terrace in space, which I think is the terraza now in 2003 (I think) I had to remove my clothes 3 times to ring them as they were weighing me down. I'd had 1 bottle of smirnoff ice and nothing else.. it was very surreal being rained on in a nightclub, it might have been a manumission afterparty or something as the people who ran it were all there dancing away, amongst other freaks.. everyone in there was uber cool and I felt like a right nerd compared to them.. it was the first holiday that i went to space :)

"Take me dancing naked in the rain
Feel it washing over me, oh oh
Join me dancing naked in the rain
Cover me in ecstasy, oh oh
"

Ive got too many good memories to list, and just reading everyone elses has given me goosebumps!

Back for the 4th time this year - my buddy joining me again is an indie fan who only came last year because ibiza 'is something you have to do before you die' - needless to say she loves ibiza now, so theres defo something special about the place!

Last edited by a moderator:
My first day in Ibiza (July 15th 1998!) was a Wednesday, we had researched the clubs a little bit, but still didn't know quite what to expect, all around San An where banners "Wednesdays are Orange" as Clockwork Orange was on in Es Paradis that night.

Walked into Es Paradis for the first time and that's when it hit me, the club was like nothing I seem before, the marble floors, the pilars, the plants, the lighting was all like another world! The music too, dancing in front of the DJ box all night, Jeremey Healy was on, Needin You was only new then and he just kept teasing it in, dropping some of the piano over another tune before taking it back out and mixing soomthing else in, before eventually letting it go, a totally unforgetable night!

Back