Your most powerful Ibiza memory.

What a wicked topic, have loved looking back over this.

So many greats time but one that come's to me now was at Privilege for Manumission, maybe 1998 or 99 and I think DJ Sneak may have been playing. Anyway, as the sun was coming up through the back window at about 6am out came 'Push it' by Salt & Pepper followed by 'Sweet Dreams', me and my pal just released that it would be hard to ever beat those times right there and then.

Dj Gee's sets at Bora Bora were also great, love that Beach. Some funny old parties held by Garlands there as well.

So many great memories on a great Island.

Yeah, I had a Saturday morning battered at Space sorting out a locksmith back in London on the phone.

Actually, I've done quite a lot of work on the phone muntered in Ibiza:lol:

Apparently I have helped with a few work challenges over the phone whilst being muntered in Ibiza....

I have had several conversations on my return to work with my guys saying such absurdities as

"Thanks so much for your help with that issue - so sorry we had to bother you early in the morning- i know you were on holiday and we didnt want to wake you if it hadnt been necessary...." :) :)

Ah the beauty of a double life :lol::lol::lol:

Ah, as you are from Preston, and of the correct era :) were you ever at the Red Parrot / Set End parties and the after events?

No I didnt live in Preston then, but I went to Hacketts, Loveshack, pleasuredrome, Angels, Bowlers, Legends, Southport beach parties, week in week out! Did u go to any of those back then? :)

mine is back in september 2002 at manumission closing party at privilege, fatboy slim was playing that night, and he rocked the place from coming on at 3.30am until the club decided to close at 9.30am, and me andmy mates was still there going nuts at that time, coming out of privilege at 9.30 with the sun burning and then trying to get a taxi to the carry on at space, which we did eventually, space turned out to be a blur but a great day, and got home about 3pm and just sleeping for a whole day near enough, before waking up and going to cream at amnesia on the thursday

best few days ever!

First time i took my mate to Ibiza and that was our opening night. Great memory - thanks for reminding me of it!!!8)

Just read all the posts on here, amazing!

I agree with the comment aout wanting to take people there to show them how good life can be. I know people who are constantly in and out of relationships and wanting to settle down at 22, never been on holiday with their mates and generally pi**ed off with life and i just wish they would get to Ibiza to sample just how good life can be.

a few moments spring to mind....

1. Landing on the island on my first family holiday in '92 ( i was only 12 ) but i already knew exactly what ibiza was all about... can't believe i spent an afternoon in the water park not knowing i was so close to Space... :(
Sitting in ibiza airport departures on the big black leather sofas, listening to dr. s gachet and carl cox tapes on my walkman and noticing a load of scottish ones who had obviously come over for a clubbing holiday and thinking to myself "i need to get back here ASAP"...

2. climbing to the watchtower overlooking Es Vedra for the first time ( this february ) and being in awe at the whole experience!!

3. Carl Cox closing Space this year on the Monday morning... Knowing that this is the way it used to be and being glad i could finally experience it ( for one reason or another i only made it back to ibiza 4yrs ago for the first time since '92 so i missed all the proper Space/Amnesia open air, early morning stuff ).... :cry:

The feeling of sitting down alone in total peace on scorched earth in the cool aromatic shade of a pine forest on a blistering hot Summer's day, the smell of the wild Rosemary you brushed past still hanging in the air, the sound of cicadas chirping and a glimpse of the glistening sea through an opening in the trees.

Knowing that the moment cannot last forever, but for a few blissful minutes allowing yourself to believe that it might... and that if it did you would want for nothing ever again.

Having my first taste of candy in We Love summer 2011.

Groove Armada absoluetly murdering the 1's and 2's and coming up to Hungry for The Power dropping in the small room in Space.

Taking 2 new recruits this year! They are already weeing them self with excitement!

too hard to choose just one. so here's my tops:

clubbing
- first ever dc10, an eye-opener!
- cheesy, but true: the first time you get hit by the icecannon in amnesia and you don't expect it - ha!
- first ever amnesia closing...2007, marco carola played an excellent 5hrs set because richie and ricardo got in late. then they took over and the atmosphere was magic. it was the last year with the old terrace and i still get goosebumps now thinking about when they played "yeke yeke" mid afternoon before they closed...just one of these magic moments you only ever get at the closings.
- and, of course, the old space terrace generally mid-afternoon.

non-clubbing
- first ever sunset at torre d'es savinar overlooking es vedra.
- exploring the island by car and realising i want to live here one day.

my favourite moment was during my first visit to ibiza in 2010.
My first experience of Cream @ Amnesia. Walking into this amazing club, just as Eric Prydz was starting his set. My first time witnessing this genius at work. I stayed the whole set in one spot and was mesmerised by the Bass, the lasers, the ice cannon, the crowd and an atmosphere i just hadnt experienced before. From that night i knew i had to see Prydz again and have done 7 times since. Still my number one Producer.

Another memory was the first night we arrived there, went to Bucaneero's bar in san antonio bay. got absolutely hammered and having to carry my mate back to the apartment. We woke up at 10am, went to the pool and met a group of lads from up north. First thing we did was give my friend (who likes to think he can drink!) 10 shots of malibu and about 4 double vodkas to "down". literally no more than 5 minutes after waking up. safe to say, he lasted about 20 minutes and had to be put in the bath..
.. and remained there all day.
... and all night and he ended up missing tiesto. (not my usual thing, but the lads i met said i could tag along with them as i was alone"
i had a video on my phone of him falling into the bath, and then the next day where i found him still sleeping.

looking back on it now i was probably a little stupid for leaving him in that state.
oops.

Back