Your most powerful Ibiza memory.

Nope not me not done a Space Closing - BUT Jeez if there is two of me - that's really unlucky - there's another "Phil" out there with a "random HMW" by his side ..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was out there in Sept 05 but I believe I was with Jam man and Mrs Jam man that year and we made it to one Space and the visit was around mid-sept.......

Must have been another lover of small animals then.

I met quite a few peeps of here then, but then again the weekend was :eek:

a few years back we went with two of our good clubbing mates from home who hadnt been to Ibiza - it was just fab.... for every "exploding moment" in a club, x it by 2, because to see the look on their faces just makes the moment for you also- its brilliant - you sort of see it all again through fresh eyes in some ways.....

Yeah I just think it will be amazing. I wish I could take everyone there! All of my friends who havent been. I often thought that while I was there, the 2nd year "oh if only so and so was here they would frickin love this"

Probably nothing totally amazing to anyone else.. :lol: I'm easily pleased.

First time I went to Space back in 1997 (**** where does the time go!)
They played Ultra Nate "I'm Free" and it just brought tears to my eyes. It was a truly beautiful moment.

2005 - Driving off the ferry qnd seeing Ibiza Port glistening in the morning heat (I am a bit of a nomadic person)... and for the first in my life somewhere felt like home..
Erm don't you mean the fantastic year we met at Space ;-)

"I wish I could take everyone there! All of my friends who havent been. I often thought that while I was there, the 2nd year "oh if only so and so was here they would frickin love this"

For the above reason, out of 12 visits to the island in 12 years, last year will always be the most special. We got married in Ibiza, flying 20 of our closest friends out with us (no family) to experience the Ibiza that we'd been telling them about for years. Without exeption they were all blown away. Four of them had never even left the UK before our wedding, and they are now planning a return visit.

On the actual wedding day we ended with a sunset cruise on a luxury yacht - the soundtrack was mixed by us (cd in advance!) of all the tunes which have been special to us and our mates for the last 10 years.

At sunset the boat was moored off cafe del mar and when the sun dropped like a penny into the ocean it brought a tear to everyones eye. As I write this the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck...need I say more...
:lol:

At Jade Jagger's villa party a few years ago watching Simon Le Bonn on accoustic guitar with Jasmin and their kids on backing vocals sing Ordinary Day followed by Jumping Jack Flash.

9am at a Dirty Diamonds party with Elton Johns Rocket Man playing out.

Seeing my son being born in Can Mises.

Surfing for 6 hours straight at Es Torrent off a Meditarranean storm.

My first trip to IBZ in 01, on the old Space Terrace, Danny T playing Finally KOT. I knew I had found somewhere i really liked

David Morales a year or two later, also on the space terrace, Sunday luchtime, finishing his set with Barry White, First Last Everything

My first trip to Amnesia, my mates placing an unsuspecting Russ directly under the ice cannon just before it went off. OMFG.

Sitting on the veranda at Can Marti Agrotourismo listening to the frogs and chickens and ducks.

Spending a Sunday eve with loads of folks from off here whilst Danny played a set of a lifetime, including a spectacular version of Gloria Gaynor I Will Survive!!

Swimming sans speedo at Aguas Blancas with mrs russ

many more

David Morales a year or two later, also on the space terrace, Sunday luchtime, finishing his set with Barry White, First Last Everything

Spending a Sunday eve with loads of folks from off here whilst Danny played a set of a lifetime, including a spectacular version of Gloria Gaynor I Will Survive!!

Hey Russ, how's things mate 8)

I'm 99% sure i was there for the Gloria Gaynor moment (2005 wls closing?) with you lot.

And I'm 77% sure i was there for Morales. I think it was mid July 02 and Morales had come straight from Pacha (a little :eek:) , and he also dropped his own classic 'needin you' and the place went nuts :lol:

Both occassions absolutely Classic Ibiza momments !!

And I'm 77% sure i was there for Morales. I think it was mid July 02 and Morales had come straight from Pacha (a little :eek:) , and he also dropped his own classic 'needin you' and the place went nuts :lol:

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, it was June 2002 - basically we've all just been following each other about for the last few years :lol:

yup Liam you were there im sure.

and yeah the Morales year sounds bout right too. He seemed very 'excitable' and spent most of his set with his shirt off.

Happy days

Oh I have lots of special memories of each trip to the island. If I have to pick one, it'd be the villa party day before Space opening 2005 (thanks Buckley ;) )

This is a great topic!

I have tonnes of great Ibiza memories but my favourite is September 2007 at Release Yourself. I was with 2 great friends, it was our last night and we had met some amazing people in there. I just remember thinking about how much fun I was having and how I didn't have any cares in the world...it was like an ephiphany! Sanchez suddenly dropped Axwell's I Found U (minus the chavvy bit..you know what I mean...) and it was f***** mint!!!!!!!!! Everyone went crazy! Amazing!

Oh I have lots of special memories of each trip to the island. If I have to pick one, it'd be the villa party day before Space opening 2005 (thanks Buckley ;) )

No worries. That's one of mine too, but I couldn't be first to say so:p

Back