Your most powerful Ibiza memory.

Ooh good thread and sooo many to mention (and I've lost a lot of braincells over the years) but off the top of my head........

1996 - my first year to Ibiza and Alfredo played BBE - 7 days and 1 week just as the sun was coming up in Privilege and thinking this is what life is all about :lol:

1999 - going to Renaissance @ Pacha and seeing BT play live and finishing with Flaming June (and with some bloke-y who I'd just met who is now my husband :lol:)

NYE Millenium - Manumission Carry On on New Years Day and dancing to Pete Heller's - Big Love on the terrace to welcome in the new millenium

2000/2001 - seeing Pacha really go off @ Perfecto and thousands of Northern Monkeys singing along to Piledriver

2002/2003 - in DC10 at about 4pm (this is when everyone used to go at 8am straight from Space), we'd already had a really good DC10 sesh and all of a sudden who pops up into the DJ booth, only Mr Tenaglia who unannounced proceeds to play one of the best sets I've ever heard - I remember walking back to PDB afterwards thinking I was so happy I was going to cry :oops::lol:

2004 - Lawler closing the old terrace with FPI Project - Everybody all over the world with us all exploding all over the dancefloor :lol:

2004 (or maybe 2005 all the years blend into one :confused: ) - Fatboy closing the old terrace with Love is in the air and swinging round the poles

Ahh happy days :D

:lol:

2002/2003 - in DC10 at about 4pm (this is when everyone used to go at 8am straight from Space), we'd already had a really good DC10 sesh and all of a sudden who pops up into the DJ booth, only Mr Tenaglia who unannounced proceeds to play one of the best sets I've ever heard - I remember walking back to PDB afterwards thinking I was so happy I was going to cry :oops::lol:
Ahh happy days :D

It was 2002; we were leaving DC10 for a chill in our rented villa in salines.
On the way out, I asked the big bearded bouncer (nice guy) who's playing next? I couldn't believe when he said DT.
Went for a quick swim and back to DC10 for 1 of the nicest moments in Ibiza.

Was it the same year when DT did his marathon at privilege?

A couple of years ago at Space - thought I was tripping out when I came out of the loo at about 11.58pm and could hear Bon Jovi!!!! Wandered on to the terrace to find the whole terrace, without exception, playing air guitar to "Living on a Prayer"! Think it was Dave Beer and there was a large Basics presence in the crowd........

Had to be there maybe, but really was a great end to one of the best days of my life.....................

From an old thread. Must be 6 years ago or so now!

The first time I heard Judge Jules @ Eden... I was crying so much I dropped my glow sticks & Vicks Vapour Rub on the floor.

Anyway, he dropped Angelic - 'It's My Turn' & it suddenly dawned on me...

I was homosexual.

Reveal yourself West LondonShadow!!!!

Reminds me of the Only Fools and Horses episode with The Shadow robbing the Supermarket.....

They seek him here, they seek him there/ those policemen seek him everywhere/ is he in heaven or is he in hell/ that dammed elusive... sh-a-a-a-a-dow. (Pimpernel) :lol::lol:

Reveal yourself West LondonShadow!!!!

Reminds me of the Only Fools and Horses episode with The Shadow robbing the Supermarket.....

They seek him here, they seek him there/ those policemen seek him everywhere/ is he in heaven or is he in hell/ that dammed elusive... sh-a-a-a-a-dow. (Pimpernel) :lol::lol:

PL, did / didnt i meet you at the closings in 05 ?? At Secretsundaze and mulletover followed by WLS closing ??:confused:

PL, did / didnt i meet you at the closings in 05 ?? At Secretsundaze and mulletover followed by WLS closing ??:confused:

Nope not me not done a Space Closing - BUT Jeez if there is two of me - that's really unlucky - there's another "Phil" out there with a "random HMW" by his side ..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was out there in Sept 05 but I believe I was with Jam man and Mrs Jam man that year and we made it to one Space and the visit was around mid-sept.......

A couple of years ago at Space - thought I was tripping out when I came out of the loo at about 11.58pm and could hear Bon Jovi!!!! Wandered on to the terrace to find the whole terrace, without exception, playing air guitar to "Living on a Prayer"! Think it was Dave Beer and there was a large Basics presence in the crowd........

Had to be there maybe, but really was a great end to one of the best days of my life.....................

From an old thread. Must be 6 years ago or so now!

Yup, your right, it was 2002, I was on lead guitar if memory serves correct!

1999 - going to Renaissance @ Pacha and seeing BT play live and finishing with Flaming June (and with some bloke-y who I'd just met who is now my husband :lol:)

2000/2001 - seeing Pacha really go off @ Perfecto and thousands of Northern Monkeys singing along to Piledriver

snap on these 3.

dunno, it's a difficult one cos the most powerful memories i have of ibiza are nothing to do with clubbing and music, unlike most of the posts here. they are more to do with friends and people, altho the music/clubs were the backdrop to it.

anyway, of the club ones:

- dc10 99/2000 era - soooooooooooo much better than these days its untrue.

- 7am moments in the middle of the floor at pacha, then not leaving till gone 9am.

- sunrise in the coco loco at manumission

- sasha's discoteca sets sundays at space 99-01.

- erick and the new york new york 9/11 tribute.

- where the streets have no name finales to perfecto.

- cream vip 2000/2001 feeling like the local pub. so many friends.

That was an amazing day!

Probably my fave Sunday at Space!

The year before I got some kind of bug so spent a few hours running to the toilet all day before having to leave. :cry:

The year before that I had some kind of hangover so spent all day running to the toilet!:spank:

Wow, so many! Highlights include:

- First Manu (1997)
- Living on a Prayer being the last tune on the old terrace, 2002 I think, the whole place sang it together!
- Pete Heller's 'Big Love' closing the new terrace (2006)!
- First time in Ibiza with the gf was ace because you got all those great feelings, goosbumps, memorable tracks and moments and coujld share them.
- Walking back from Defected when it was at El Divino round the port as the sun came up was special, went back to a friends who had a roof top terrace and you could look out over the whole of Ibiza Town, then went to Bliss for a Sangria breakfast! This was my last night after spending 12 weeks working there!

I'm sure some more will come to me later!

I so have to do this next year (not with a gf but with my bf :lol: ) as I know it will be amazing

I so have to do this next year (not with a gf but with my bf :lol: ) as I know it will be amazing

a few years back we went with two of our good clubbing mates from home who hadnt been to Ibiza - it was just fab.... for every "exploding moment" in a club, x it by 2, because to see the look on their faces just makes the moment for you also- its brilliant - you sort of see it all again through fresh eyes in some ways.....

Back