Your most powerful Ibiza memory.

A couple of occassions for me. Well more actually as the first one was whenever the old Terrace used to proper go off. Those big fans blowing across the dancefloor, the place (nicely) busy, late'ish afternoon, planes flying overhead as the crowd welcomes them. Then the dj would build the crowd up and up and up, and then BOOM, the place would explode :eek: :lol:, everyone, and I mean everyone with HUGE smiles and arms in the air 8)

Then in about 97 at pacha, the place going nuts to Free by Ultra Naté. The year after Erick Morillo playing Ministry on a friday at pacha when Stardust Music sounds better with you was MASSIVE. Erick wasn't that well known then and i remember he dropped a tune that i loved from one of his very early Subliminal albums, it was by José Nuñez, My life. The second he dropped it, I had one of those moments, you know the ones where you think your gonna cry :rolleyes: :lol:

Only in Ibiza 8)

the goa trance party in san juan in 1995,just mad:twisted:!!!
in 1996,tony humphries @pacha made an incredible 6 hours sets,the crowd refused to go out of pacha at 9 a.m,just totally crazy:lol:

and so many others....

As many great clubbing moments as I'm sure I've had on the island, this moment always comes to mnd:

I don't remember which year it was. Probably trip #4, in 2004, which was the first time we stayed in Playa den Bossa.

Sitting in a lounger under an umbrella on the beach at Bora Bora. Either a little drunk or still hazy from the night before. Very cold beer in my hand. Staring out at the sea. People all around, though almost silent as far as I can tell. Some amazing tune or other blasting from the bar.

A moment of absolute total peace. Nowhere else in the world I wanted to be. Bliss.

Too many to mention but one random once is around leaving Tonic at Space when finished it around lunchtime on a Fri and heading to Bora Bora and dancing on tables (before H&S and Security kicked in big style) on the beach for the first time - the feeling was amazing - it felt so so wrong to be having so much minxy fun on a Friday lunchtime in front of people sunbathing in family groups on the beach,but oh so right at the same time.... :lol::lol::lol:

.....also taking a phone call from work on a wet and dreary Fri in Newcastle which for some reason just lifted me even higher and was the cherry on the cake .... :lol::lol::lol:

One of mine was walking around the ibiza marina on the way to Pacha for the first time, i'd just had my first experience of bora bora that afternoon, i'd just experienced Ibiza Town that night in full flow and was with my best mates, my lady, and a mad crowd we'd met in Ibiza Town and a group of mad off it spaniards ran up to meand put their arms round me and started shouting "he's jesus, he's jesus!".

I thought "appreciated at last"

One of mine was walking around the ibiza marina on the way to Pacha for the first time, i'd just had my first experience of bora bora that afternoon, i'd just experienced Ibiza Town that night in full flow and was with my best mates, my lady, and a mad crowd we'd met in Ibiza Town and a group of mad off it spaniards ran up to meand put their arms round me and started shouting "he's jesus, he's jesus!".

I thought "appreciated at last"

but you weren't the messiah

just a very naughty boy

brian.

first night in 06, went to garlands. the last tune was stand by me by ben e king followed by raining again. pure cheese but i hadn't see my mate for a year and raining again had some memories with it anyway. emotional.

They are all flooding back now..

97 again sitting upstairs on the Pacha terrace somehow our big group all met up there and everyone was passing around poppers and singing "love is in the air"

98 - my 1st Manumission (all the hype)
Cafe Del Mar - Energy 52 getting blasted with some guy hammering the bongo's right behind us!!! 8)

This is developing into a very good thread 8)

I remember in 2003(?) I managed to blag a DJ set in Savannah funky room as it was the birthday of one of the regulars there.

It was my only time playing in Ibiza and I dropped in a remix of Alison Limerick, where Love Lives.

3 years later and I meet up with Puppylover who swears she was there that night :eek::lol:

One of those seminal moments though was at Space on the terrace, (I forget the year) and Eric Prydz - Slammin was dropped just at the right time..

"And finally....for those of you that just gotta have house music"

Hands in the air and BIG grins from all the crowd 8)8)8)

This is developing into a very good thread 8)

I remember in 2003(?) I managed to blag a DJ set in Savannah funky room as it was the birthday of one of the regulars there.

It was my only time playing in Ibiza and I dropped in a remix of Alison Limerick, where Love Lives.

3 years later and I meet up with Puppylover who swears she was there that night :eek::lol:

One of those seminal moments though was at Space on the terrace, (I forget the year) and Eric Prydz - Slammin was dropped just at the right time..

"And finally....for those of you that just gotta have house music"

Hands in the air and BIG grins from all the crowd 8)8)8)

Jam - remember "Perry" on the Podium in the old Space terrace :) :) she looked like she hadnt seen daylight or sunlight in a week - dont think I have seen anyone that grey before.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wow, so many! Highlights include:

- First Manu (1997)
- Living on a Prayer being the last tune on the old terrace, 2002 I think, the whole place sang it together!
- Pete Heller's 'Big Love' closing the new terrace (2006)!
- First time in Ibiza with the gf was ace because you got all those great feelings, goosbumps, memorable tracks and moments and coujld share them.
- Walking back from Defected when it was at El Divino round the port as the sun came up was special, went back to a friends who had a roof top terrace and you could look out over the whole of Ibiza Town, then went to Bliss for a Sangria breakfast! This was my last night after spending 12 weeks working there!

I'm sure some more will come to me later!

Ooh good thread and sooo many to mention (and I've lost a lot of braincells over the years) but off the top of my head........

1996 - my first year to Ibiza and Alfredo played BBE - 7 days and 1 week just as the sun was coming up in Privilege and thinking this is what life is all about :lol:

1999 - going to Renaissance @ Pacha and seeing BT play live and finishing with Flaming June (and with some bloke-y who I'd just met who is now my husband :lol:)

NYE Millenium - Manumission Carry On on New Years Day and dancing to Pete Heller's - Big Love on the terrace to welcome in the new millenium

2000/2001 - seeing Pacha really go off @ Perfecto and thousands of Northern Monkeys singing along to Piledriver

2002/2003 - in DC10 at about 4pm (this is when everyone used to go at 8am straight from Space), we'd already had a really good DC10 sesh and all of a sudden who pops up into the DJ booth, only Mr Tenaglia who unannounced proceeds to play one of the best sets I've ever heard - I remember walking back to PDB afterwards thinking I was so happy I was going to cry :oops::lol:

2004 - Lawler closing the old terrace with FPI Project - Everybody all over the world with us all exploding all over the dancefloor :lol:

2004 (or maybe 2005 all the years blend into one :confused: ) - Fatboy closing the old terrace with Love is in the air and swinging round the poles

Ahh happy days :D

Jam - remember "Perry" on the Podium in the old Space terrace :) :) she looked like she hadnt seen daylight or sunlight in a week - dont think I have seen anyone that grey before.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LMFAO!!!

I remember us giggling like children after the initial shock of just how bad she looked!

"Miss Pattersooooon"

"Fanks very much fankyoooooo!!"

:lol::lol:

LMFAO!!!

I remember us giggling like children after the initial shock of just how bad she looked!

"Miss Pattersooooon"

"Fanks very much fankyoooooo!!"

:lol::lol:

just spat my tea on the screen there!!!- I DO remember giggling like nobs and trying not to let her see us giggling like nobs..... i seem to also remember a rubber spikey back pack being sported too which looked far too heavy for her grey and malnourished state..... surprised she wasnt sporting rickets too she looked that ill......

Ooh good thread and sooo many to mention (and I've lost a lot of braincells over the years) but off the top of my head........

1996 - my first year to Ibiza and Alfredo played BBE - 7 days and 1 week just as the sun was coming up in Privilege and thinking this is what life is all about :lol:

1999 - going to Renaissance @ Pacha and seeing BT play live and finishing with Flaming June (and with some bloke-y who I'd just met who is now my husband :lol:)

NYE Millenium - Manumission Carry On on New Years Day and dancing to Pete Heller's - Big Love on the terrace to welcome in the new millenium

2000/2001 - seeing Pacha really go off @ Perfecto and thousands of Northern Monkeys singing along to Piledriver

2002/2003 - in DC10 at about 4pm (this is when everyone used to go at 8am straight from Space), we'd already had a really good DC10 sesh and all of a sudden who pops up into the DJ booth, only Mr Tenaglia who unannounced proceeds to play one of the best sets I've ever heard - I remember walking back to PDB afterwards thinking I was so happy I was going to cry :oops::lol:

2004 - Lawler closing the old terrace with FPI Project - Everybody all over the world with us all exploding all over the dancefloor :lol:

2004 (or maybe 2005 all the years blend into one :confused: ) - Fatboy closing the old terrace with Love is in the air and swinging round the poles

Ahh happy days :D

Hi hun. You ok, been quiet for a while ???

Another great night was closing WLS in 2006 when they closed the 'sunshine' terrace with U2, with or without you. What a momment :lol:
Then we bounced around to DT for about 7 hours on the new terrace :lol:

Hi hun. You ok, been quiet for a while ???

Another great night was closing WLS in 2006 when they closed the 'sunshine' terrace with U2, with or without you. What a momment :lol:
Then we bounced around to DT for about 7 hours on the new terrace :lol:

Just working :spank: and counting down to the days til September :D

That was a 'moment' indeed :lol:;)

Back