World Cup 2010

And Goldman Sachs just chose 4 semifinalists: England, Argentina, Brazil and Spain.

No U.S.A john, what a suprise :lol:

Seriously though, that semi line up looks very predictable. I'd fancy beating any of them on our day 8) Especially with Heskey in attack.

What are the odds of us winning it btw ?

Even more matches sold out now. I think they'll pull it off, except for maybe something like New Zealand v Slovakia.

I'm all set now... asked for some favors and finally secured tix to USA v England and Cote d'Ivoire v Brazil :D

Plus we've already bought tix to USA v Slovenia, USA v Algeria and both of the 1/8 finals for the 1st and 2nd place teams in the group 8)

Just 8 days until we travel! :D:D:D

Wow.. youre going to a few games there. Problem with Durban where we're staying is there isnt another stadium which is near by so we can't go to any other games. Still, apparently theres good beaches round there 8)

3 days left for me.. i'm literally bursting with excitement :D:D:D

Good beaches... but it's winter!
Looks like air temps will be good (mid-twenties C) but I wonder what the water temps will be like.

6 games in total. That's why I chose Joburg as, aside from having 2 free places to stay, it's just an hour from Rustenberg and Pretoria plus 2 venues in the city itself so lots of choice (and all the USA matches). My only regret is not being able to fit in either Durban or Cape Town.

7 days left for me now... it is increasingly hard to contain myself :D

Looks like air temps will be good (mid-twenties C) but I wonder what the water temps will be like.

trust me, its 24C here today too and everyone's got their clothes off in london 8)

Water temp should be ok, its the indian ocean :)

6 games in total. That's why I chose Joburg as, aside from having 2 free places to stay, it's just an hour from Rustenberg and Pretoria plus 2 venues in the city itself so lots of choice (and all the USA matches). My only regret is not being able to fit in either Durban or Cape Town.

7 days left for me now... it is increasingly hard to contain myself :D

How long are you out there for? Don't suppose you'll still be around for the 10th/11th?

How long are you out there for? Don't suppose you'll still be around for the 10th/11th?
Nah.. we leave the 28th. As much as I'd love to have stayed for the whole month, I can't take that much vacation!
(plus it's doubtful the US will get past the round of 16)

Nah.. we leave the 28th. As much as I'd love to have stayed for the whole month, I can't take that much vacation!
(plus it's doubtful the US will get past the round of 16)

Shame (on you not being there, not USA not making the last 16 ;) ).

Just seen Ferdinand's out with an injury :spank:

Back