World Cup 2010

Sepp Blatter maintains that the game of football should be kept simple and the same for everybody, wheather its a world cup final, or a sunday morning pub game in Peckham. His reakoning is, that if cameras are introduced, then they would have to be at all games, from the bottom up..............

Thats fair comment.

I don't deny that having video evidence looked at during the game would help with some decisions but in a game of football there can so many that the flow of the game would be destroyed and it would ultimately be counter productive.

Ref's get things wrong. It has always been and always will be part of the game. I'm sure England will have been on the other side of a dodgy decision which has helped them before. I also know we wouldn't be hearing all this moaning about goal line replays if it were a German goal that wasn't given in the same fashion. Then it would be simply part of the game.

England were rubbish throughout this tournament and didn't deserve to go any further.

Why not introduce the same system as ice hockey for goal line stuff.

That's been around for donkeys years...

David Blaine is said to be gutted as his record for doing **** all in a box for 42 days has been broken by Wayne Rooney.

terry, lampard, gerrard, rooney etc are made to look better due to the players surrounding them @ club level. terry has essien in front clearing almost eveything & covering if needed, gerrard had mascherano bossing the midfield & allowing him space to press forward/gain shooting positions, rooney has the likes of giggs firing in almost impeccable crosses... take the surrounding players away & they look average. the press are always bias towards the eng players & i guess we are left thinking they are better than they are. hence, i put £500 on ger to win. ;)

the grass roots point is a good one & things will get much worse before they get better. also, football apprenticeships tend to come at the cost of a decent education in this country. perhaps this opportunity cost discourages more intelligent people from turning professional?

in terms of the actual game... sports psychology played a huge role & the goal that wasn't could have changed everything. teams who throw away 2 goal leads generally crumble. also, eng lost the plot & went on all out attack feeling hard done by. at this point, their shape collapsed into farce. in terms of the bigger picture, things are pretty bad though...

Interested to know how Mascherano bosses the midfield / makes Gerrard look better than he is?

He spends most of the game on his backside or receiving yellows..

...but otherwise some good points made there

:) :p

someone above said " teams usually crumble after a they give up a 2 goal lead"

what about the croatia - england game in wembley before the euros, in a must win game, croatia were up by 2, then england ended up up cathing up tying the game, but in the end lost 3 - 2, england would have lost even if that goal counted yesterday, they are simply not good enough as the media make them out to be

Brazil looked impressive tonight have to say

Yes they look the complete package allright. Solid defense, good midfield and strikers that can score goals. Along with a strong work ethic they are the team to beat.

7/1 for a Brazil/German final looks tempting or 4/1 Brazil/Argentina??

And you dont have to lift the trophy to collect

Yes they look the complete package allright. Solid defense, good midfield and strikers that can score goals. Along with a strong work ethic they are the team to beat.

7/1 for a Brazil/German final looks tempting or 4/1 Brazil/Argentina??

And you dont have to lift the trophy to collect

Hey Spain are in Argentina's side of the draw.. if we get through tonight and get some much needed confidence back I think we can beat Germany or Argentina. Both which we've beaten recently too.

portugal will be tough - they are boring, defensive and also quite dirty

I can see them winning that if the Spanish get frustrated and discipline goes out the window

portugal will be tough - they are boring, defensive and also quite dirty

I can see them winning that if the Spanish get frustrated and discipline goes out the window

Brazil/Portugal are 20/1 to reach final

and Brazil/Spain are 5/1.

Take it the consensus is that Brazil will make the final.............

spain, argentina or Brasil for me!!

and you wouldnt bet against the boys from ipanema retaining it in 4 years time either!!

I love how Blatter has now apologized to England and Mexico for the incorrectly disallowed and allowed goals :confused:

Where's the apology for the 2 incorrectly disallowed US goals?! :evil:

Good thing England are poor and we still topped the group :lol:

I love how Blatter has now apologized to England and Mexico for the incorrectly disallowed and allowed goals :confused:

I think he's invited Barrack for a burger to apoligise personally (said it would be his treat as well)

Robert Greens error was far better than an apology. :spank:

Just think, We might still be in this if he hadn't dropped a bollock. Thank god for Robert Green, I don't think I could have watched them play like that again.

That said, Ghana would probably have ripped us to shreds anyway.

Another Spanish game, another playacting Spanish player rolls around on the pitch to get an opponent sent off!
Is there a pattern here? :confused:

Back