World Cup 2010

can someone please, please, please shoot mick mccarthy and mark lawrenson and jim beglin and andy townsend?

twerps of the highest order who are ruining the games

when are tv channels going to understand that ex-players are generally really, really bad communicators

Think we can all reach a concensus on this point

can someone please, please, please shoot mick mccarthy and mark lawrenson and jim beglin and andy townsend?

twerps of the highest order who are ruining the games

when are tv channels going to understand that ex-players are generally really, really bad communicators

Amen to that.

Bring on Tevez, he'll probably have a scrap. Great analysis Mick.

When answering the question, "Can Joe Cole change Englands fortunes???" I think it is perfectly acceptable for him to say it actually. :lol::lol::lol::lol: He never 'demanded' it at all. Despite what the papers have written...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8750303.stm

Still France 2-0 thus far - even funnier

Why has he apologised then?

You also never answered the question either on why was the meeting cancelled?

Anyway enough of this just going round in circles.

Funny Yahoo blog post about the English media's obsession with the team's red strip for today's match.

Did you hear that? A boost! Even though England last wore an all-red strip about nine-hundred years ago, winning all four games they played in the sanguinary shirts and shorts: two in the 1962 World Cup in Chile, and in friendlies against Czechoslovakia in 1963 and Belgium in 1970. So we know the kit is guaranteed to cure England's woeful passing, inept finishing, flat movement, tactical unawareness, lack of confidence, positional indiscipline, rheumatism, whooping cough and scabies. How? Science and stuff. Speaking as a Canadian, I can tell you it's worked great for us.

Highly entertaining Nigeria v Korea match last night. Another African team (after SA) finally shows up to the tournament for their 3rd match but again too little too late!

So it's England and the septics through.

Serbia and Germany I reckon, with England facing the old enemy...

Yooooesssay could go through to the quarters if they get the Serbs :confused:

We won but personally i didnt think it was a great victory , we beat a nation of 2million by 1 nill.we need to be winning games like that 3nill etc surely. hopefully we'll go up from this and get into our stride

wow, a semifinalist from USA, Ghana, Uruguay and South Korea..

Its a golden opportunity for all those teams.

BTW, i'm not convinced that you were the one on TV straight after the USA goal Morbs. I paused it on Sky plus and it seems like you looked 10 years younger than when i last saw you :lol:

.BTW, i'm not convinced that you were the one on TV straight after the USA goal Morbs. I paused it on Sky plus and it seems like you looked 10 years younger than when i last saw you :lol:

I must admit, even though I had me beer goggles on, I thought it was John straight away !! He texted back to say quite a few people has thought it was him also. Was he next to Bill Clinton, doing a Monica :lol:

wow, a semifinalist from USA, Ghana, Uruguay and South Korea..

Its a golden opportunity for all those teams.

BTW, i'm not convinced that you were the one on TV straight after the USA goal Morbs. I paused it on Sky plus and it seems like you looked 10 years younger than when i last saw you :lol:

he's had a re-weave done since "dessailly-gate" :lol:

My clients in US saying there's been more interest in this World Cup than ever before amongst the septics.

In terms of ticket sales, the US have been the 2nd best supported team behind SA.

My clients in US saying there's been more interest in this World Cup than ever before amongst the septics.

In terms of ticket sales, the US have been the 2nd best supported team behind SA.
Yep. We're #1 in tickets purchased among visitors. 8)

Good vocal support at the matches too. Makes me proud.

Really looking forward to Rustenburg tomorrow!

Sweet & Sour - Sunday afternoon England vs Germany, kick off 3pm. My flight from Newcastle to Ibiza is boarding at 3.20pm and takes off at 3.45pm! The game will be finished by the time we land in Ibiza :-( Booooo Hiiiiiiisssssssss!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back