World Cup 2010

Graham Souness a pundit on Irish TV, suggests that the English medical Team are at fault for not properly preparing the team for altitude training.

He suggests that the lackluster performance by the team is due to increased fatigue that occurs at altitude, siting the tiredness of players in the last quarter as an example.

Graham Souness a pundit on Irish TV, suggests that the English medical Team are at fault for not properly preparing the team for altitude training.

He suggests that the lackluster performance by the team is due to increased fatigue that occurs at altitude, siting the tiredness of players in the last quarter as an example.

Yeah, as I understand it, not all the pitches are at altitude, infact most aren't.

So assuming both our matches weren't, it's a bollocks excuse.

We had training at altitude anyway, so it's bollocks regardless.

The England team went to visit an orphanage in South Africa this morning.

"It's good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope and in total desperation" said Samuel Mpenza aged 6.

Yeah, as I understand it, not all the pitches are at altitude, infact most aren't.

So assuming both our matches weren't, it's a bollocks excuse..
It's about half and half. Rustenburg, Pretoria, the 2 Joburg stadiums, Polokwane... all those are in the Highveld.

The coastal cities - Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and Durban - are all obviously at sea level. Nelspruit is in the Lowveld. I think Blomfontein is in-between.

Thus, your defeat by the US was at altitude but your draw with Algeria in Cape Town was not and neither is your upcoming match vs Algeria in PE.

By contrast, all 3 USA matches (Rustenburg, Joburg, Pretoria) are at altitude... good thing we're known for being in good physical shape!

New zealand wins

NEW ZEALAND WINS 1 V ITALY 1. What a result for New Zealand the actors didn't get all the calls they wanted! The teams that are in trouble in their group and have slim chances to make it to the next round are shocking:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the john terry speech on tv this afternoon and i have to say that, i have a liitle respect for him, he came out and told it straight and has to gain some credit for that.
But where was the captain?
That was the worst performance by an england team i can remember.

I watched the john terry speech on tv this afternoon and i have to say that, i have a liitle respect for him, he came out and told it straight and has to gain some credit for that.

loving all of this:lol:
you are bound to find form though in your last game and probably into the knock outs....

hope not right enough :p

english media needs to get a grip!!!

Load of bollocks.

He tried to strip as like Fletcher Christian as he is still sulking about losing captaincy. This is all about his ego as usual.The bloke is proper div who thinks he is bigger than everyone.

Not one player has backed him and basically told him to shut his mouth. That says it all for me.

This England Terry not some club bankrolled by a Russian mobster(joke John) where if you are unhappy you throw you run off to the boss's boss and winge and get them sacked like you did Scholari.

He is lucky he weren't sent home.

As much as I hate the fella, England needs him and should be leading by example. If he has an issue then speak to Capello not the media, twat!

As for Rooney, when was the last time he saved up for a year to pay for a trip to watch the world cup finals? Lost touch with the real world. Just enough education to perform? He got that bit right, idiot!

Rant over. Good afternoon everyone.

blame the media! blame the weather! blame the ball! blame homesickness! blame a lack of nookie! blame a lack of leisure facilities! blame the wags! blame the pressure! blame the season! blame expectations! blame it on the horns! blame each other! blame it on rio! sack the manager! unleash the hounds!

etc etc etc

(*whilst conveniently overlooking the fact this country's youth system has not produced a single world class playmaker since the hoddle-gazza era 20 years ago - the real enduring scandal in English football)

Load of bollocks.

He tried to strip as like Fletcher Christian as he is still sulking about losing captaincy. This is all about his ego as usual.The bloke is proper div who thinks he is bigger than everyone.

Not one player has backed him and basically told him to shut his mouth. That says it all for me.

This England Terry not some club bankrolled by a Russian mobster(joke John) where if you are unhappy you throw you run off to the boss's boss and winge and get them sacked like you did Scholari.

He is lucky he weren't sent home.

As much as I hate the fella, England needs him and should be leading by example. If he has an issue then speak to Capello not the media, twat!

As for Rooney, when was the last time he saved up for a year to pay for a trip to watch the world cup finals? Lost touch with the real world. Just enough education to perform? He got that bit right, idiot!

Rant over. Good afternoon everyone.

This is all making me laugh, the media were asking him the questions and when he gave them his answers they're making out it was some sort of coup attempt... :lol::lol::lol:

Have you seen the interview or just read it in the papers as the two entities are completely separate.

All the time he was sat next to one of the FA bods if he had said anything derogatory then they would've stopped him.

Think they're setting him up as a scapegoat in case England don't get through. Nevermind all the negative press they were digging up pre-tournament that had no bearing whatsoever on the lack of decent form lately.

Oh yes and the playmaker thing, quite right but not essential in turning lesser teams over, they should be able to do that anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read all the headlines about Terry's statements I thought 'what the hell is he doing?' and then I saw a fuller version of his press conference comments and I thought 'dear god the English press are a bunch of imbeciles.' :confused:

I mean, really, mountain out of molehill stuff. Sorry, MWG, but it looks like you've fallen for it and I worry the English public has too. All over-analyzed to death.

Now the French... that's a REAL scandal.

hell hath no fury like a captain dropped, basically :lol:

meanwhile some real footballers on the telly at the moment

spain passing against honduras is sheer quality

David (Ricky?) Villa scored goal of the EVER

blame the media! blame the weather! blame the ball! blame homesickness! blame a lack of nookie! blame a lack of leisure facilities! blame the wags! blame the pressure! blame the season! blame expectations! blame it on the horns! blame each other! blame it on rio!

That would've been better if you had a blame it on good times, blame it on the boogie in there. :lol:

Back from SA on saturday night. A few pics up on FB for those who can see them.

Amazing holiday, overall I found the place quite safe, you just have to be careful where you go, common sense really.

People were very friendly on the whole. You can still tell football is bigger in the black community. The majority of the whites I talked to still much preferred rugby or cricket. I do think this was less evident with the teenagers and kids though.

Vuvuzelas actually grew on me in the build up to the 1st game :oops:. It was quite something to see large masses of people and rows and rows of cars with people all blowing these things spontaneously in traffic jams and anywhere in the street.

However they shouldve stopped there and not take them to the football grounds. Once the match starts they are a big pain, mainly because it drowns out any chanting :evil:

Back