World Cup 2010

Sadly, yes. He's not been great for England, but he's better that our alternatives. Also, I don't think playing Gerrard behind Rooney is out of position. He's an attacking midfielder, which is the role he'd be playing. Asking him to sit back (or Lampard for that matter) is playing him out of position imo.

what were the odds for a 1-1 win then?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

gotta love the over excited yankee journalism...

30130_401540218213_581163213_4479738_5625708_n.jpg

been a rubbish WC so far - for me, Argentina are the wild cards and, perhaps not unsurprisingly, the Nigeria game has been the most entertaining (gotta love Maradona's theatrics too - the camera should be fixed on him the whole time!)

and that drone is unbearable (how did mick mccarthy ever get employed by the bbc?)

^^^ :lol: - I want to turn the sound down at home, in the pub it's not as bad....cannot imagine how annoying it is for the players - that sh*t is LOUD!

not just the drone

but it's generally been really, really boring

ie

refereeing has been good
no controversy
no violence
no misunderstandings in supermarkets or brothels
no diplomatic incidents
no chair throwing
no failed drug tests by established superstars
there's no haircuts, no freaks, no clowns - where are the likes of Higuita, Valderrama, Chilavert, Dr Socrates?

pah - rubbish!

^^^^ :lol:

I can see Maradona getting into hot water before the tournaments out. He's obviously got a screw lose from all his years of bangin the Devils marching powder.

I remember seeing him once on a gameshow here in Spain, he was suprised guest, he was so out of his tree it was embarasing :lol: And didnt he once shoot a reporter, and other crazy antics :confused: :lol:

the Maradona story is next-level amazing.

+ he's a total wildcard as manager - I'm not convinced he is that involved and is actually delegating the coaching to other staff

but imagine he actually went and won it and, I dunno, died of a heart attack during the final

it would basically be the hollywood picture to end all hollywood pictures

"Yesterday, Robert Green faced over 500 shots in training and did not conceed a single goal.

......tomorrow, Heskey and Green will continue training with the rest of the England squad."

watching arguably the best game of the tournament so far via my android phone at work, it's end to end stuff, spain going all guns for the equaliser and the swiss hitting them on the break!!!, could be 2.0 to switzerland or 3.1 spain, great game!!

watching arguably the best game of the tournament so far via my android phone at work, it's end to end stuff, spain going all guns for the equaliser and the swiss hitting them on the break!!!, could be 2.0 to switzerland or 3.1 spain, great game!!

sounds just what it needs :!:

Ferd will be loving it (apart from being behind) :lol:

I see it alsmost over. Gawd imagine if Spain didnt even qualify !! Chile and Switzerland to progress ??

Last edited by a moderator:
the spanish lads were at an immediate disadvantage. the first hour was right in the middle of siesta time! why don't they kick off the next game about 23.00 hours when we're all waking up here?

Well done "les Suisses", despite a very sided referee.
If Spain didn't score, the Swiss had a great defence, very simple!
Allez La Suisse!

Back