why is everybody so anti westend

A

Anonymous

fights i have been to the westend ovewr 40 time and never seen 1 fight everybody i speak to is friendly and up for a laugh and mena no harm

i do apologise for my outbirst but you gotta see my point so many people are so stuck up and think of them selves to good to go to the westend !!

if its genuinly not your thing then i understand and appreciate it but dont try and downgrade us westenders just beacuase we go there cause that is just stuck up so lets have some political correctness here and have equal opportunities for both

agreeed!!!!

is a load of beaurocartic nonsense

idon't like the West End because I don't like the whole beer boy drinking culture associated with it, I don't go to pubs/bars like that at home and wouldn't on holiday cos it's not my thing, but plenty of people do like it and if we all liked the same things the world would be a very boring place.

And I don't watch tennis so can't comment on Tim Henman and I certainly didn't go to a public school

thats like me saying i dont go to ibiza town cause i dont like the whole gay thing associated with it and i dont want people to think im gay

i think frontliners is trying to make the point that it should be tried at least once during your holiday.

like you would try pacha, amnesia, dc10 etc...

I don't think myself to good to go there, it's just not for me. I'm sure there are great things there, but I'd prefer to hang out around the corner on the sunset strip (not that I'm based in San An anyway).

Noboby is saying they are too good for the place. Like Barbie said, we all like different things and the world would be a dull place if we all liked the same stuff.

I'm sure there are people on here who hate the music I like, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Frontliners2003 said:
fights i have been to the westend ovewr 40 time and never seen 1 fight everybody i speak to is friendly and up for a laugh and mena no harm

i do apologise for my outbirst but you gotta see my point so many people are so stuck up and think of them selves to good to go to the westend !!

if its genuinly not your thing then i understand and appreciate it but dont try and downgrade us westenders just beacuase we go there cause that is just stuck up so lets have some political correctness here and have equal opportunities for both

agreeed!!!!

is a load of beaurocartic nonsense

I would never put people down cos they go to West End and I hope they wouldn't me for going elsewhere. The island is big enough for everybody and we don't all have to do the same thing. To be honest I forget it is even there most of the time, this hols we spent one night in San Antonio at Kuhmaras and then got taxi to Kasbah so I didn't even see it.

Plenty of people do like it and who am I to argue :p

totally agree barbie

round of applause

some people in san an probably never go to ibiza town for fear of being made a pass at by a transvestite so they never set foot out of san an some goes the othere way fear of being gropped by beer boys neither are true but i suppose its the same thing in a way !!!

peace!

...and that's why we should give everything a try at least once before judging it.

the first time i ever went to Ibiza me and a mate met two gorgeous girls who had rented a convertable car.

I remember well leaving mambos one night and driving through the west end, I was in the back seat with a beautiful blonde girl in my arms and all these people were taking our pictures and stuff.

I felt like a rock star!

I totally agree wid you Frontliner! I cant wait to go to the west end but so many people have put it down that sometimes it makes you think is it really that bad then.
Every1's different just go wid the flow and you'll find the place ur ment to be. :lol:

Week 2morr Ill b there!!!!!!! :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

my favourties in san an are the sunset strip and the area north of coastline, kasbah, kanya etc...sometimes eden and es paradis too, but the west end during nitetime are for those who trink trance is like dj sammy, ian van dahl and stuff like that!

wrong see your stereotyping people again I love trance and hard house and i know the top dj's but i like the westend it like a party at,osphere party music its like if you wanted drum and bass you will go to a rave if you want h h and trance you go to a club the bars are fun places to be there nbot supposed to have the likes of avh or pvd in them leave that to the clubs bars are a place to let your hair down and have a laugh

Frontliners2003 said:

i couldnt agree more

westend has lost it magic

i used to like it. it still has one or twon good bars. but now your either out number by drunks, lokkie lookie men or flyer people fighting over you. o and the police watching your every step.

sorry up until this year i would have shout the westends praise but not any more... needs a clean up adn all the scum shipped out. so it can go back to the way it was.

im like...50/50 whan it comes to this place..i like it and hate it, mainly cuz the certain types who stay there! but....that doesnt keep me from preferring to live there whilst visiting!

My view on it is, what's the point in going all the way to Ibiza and going down the West End, its no different to the Bigg Market in Newcastle (where I live).

As well as for the lovely weather and the fact I love the island, I go to Ibiza to go to the amazing clubs that are there, the cool bars and to hear some of my favourite DJ's and none of them things are in the West End, simple, there aren't even any decent places for food.

I don't dislike anyone who goes down the West End because I don't know them personally, so it wouldn't be fair to say.

What I think is fair to say though, is that IN GENERAL, people who go to the island and spend there time around the West End, have less respect for the island and the people who live on it.

true! they (some certain lager dudes) dont respect anyone and thats why the police are all over them constantly...and i DONT want to be seeing police/tourist violence when im out having a good time, whcih happends a LOT in the west end sadly!

NatalieRay100 said:
I cant wait to go to the west end but so many
people have put it down that sometimes it makes
you think is it really that bad then.

like i'v said other places on this board: one should not say
bad things to someone about the things they like a lot!

to the big mouthed %#&#@ around: live and let live;
each to his/her own; peace brothers and sisters! :D

... and that's final!

### barx

seriously, we all have our opinions, but try it yourself: thats the only way youll know. We cant help discuss things here, but thats why the board is here...but West end topics are the ones where people usually disagree the most hihi!

Back