why is everybody so anti westend

This is an interesting post...I went in 2000 and the only thing that peed me off was all the lucky lucky men in the west end...I found I had to control myself from putting them on there arse but knew more trouble than I would want would follow...I just wanted to get from our hotel to the bay and had to fight through 20 lucky lucky's...someone who just got back said there arnt as many anymore so I do hope thats the case when I go back next week...

...Also I agree that the rest of the island is gorgeous...will be getting a car and exploring I think as there is more to the white island than drinking...also went scuba diving in ibiza and it was an amazing experience thats for sure!

the lucky ladies are the worst with their knot tying around your finger, charging you money for nothing! they are crazy and one schould definately avoid them by any chance!

Can't be arsed reading the whole topic but I think Frontliners2003 is spot on! People who go to Space etc. might think that the people who go to the Westend are lowlife drunken scumbags, but then the people from the Westend might think that the people who go to Space etc. are f*cked up loser junkies!

At the end of the day, I don't think it's fair to stereotype people saying they are "beerboys" because they go to the Westend or "junkies" because they go to Space etc. Each to their own, after all everyone has probably paid the same amount of money to be in Ibiza (not that money really matters) and they are there to take some time out from their life back home and have just as much right to be on the island as any other person who is on holiday! It is the way they like to enjoy theirself so who is anyone to argue?

Also, everything doesn't have to be in black and white; you can be the most hardcore clubber in Space etc. and still enjoy the Westend, or vice versa.

The whole point in the Westend is to have good banter with your mates, it has nothing to do with music at all.

For the record, if I could afford it and had enough spare brain cells I would be in Space etc. every night but the fact is I have to save money some nights but I don't want to stay in so an alternative is the Westend. Does that make me scum?

People say that Ibiza is the most tolerant place ever...

As long as we all have fun ! I agree on what you say Bartonious, we all have prejudice against the other - let´s just be happy! Me, i go to both - but still stay clear of the west end during eveinngs, simply becuz I ve been almost attacked twice - lager idiots ripping my shirt apart and spilling drinks on me! arrrghhh! :D

this is my first post but i think that the westend and people that go there can eat my junkie sh*it because ibiza is all about the music and the clubbing, everyone goes there to enjoy themselves but if you go there to get p*ssed out of your face, have fight and see how many scruffy scally's you can get it on with. then you have no idea what the whole ibiza expirence is all about........

it all started becuase of the latin house that dj's like danny ramplin etc heard when they went in about 86 they came back to the uk and started what is the clubbing scene in the uk and if they hadn't there wouldn't be any of your dj sammy or any of that sh*te and you would all spend your satuday nights down the social club with your nanna playing bingo.......

"spunkrats!"

i hate to be nasty put you people need telling the way it is

we should our scene be comercailised and trashed by people who don't have clue and become part of the clubbing scene for a week or two of the year............you can take your manumission sex shows and shove them up a midgets ass crack!

its all about house music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sorry you see it that way, i dont think its all about house, i personally like the commercial crap you are referring to, but i prefer the more progressive style when i go to ibiza, thats why i dont go to the west end.

we are many people here who have different views on the music, f.i me: love trance, and places like amnesia, privelege, es paradis etc...and the likes of barbie prefer space and pacha and house....but that doesnt make us disrespect eachother.

its all about : the music - in general! no matter what style we each individually prefer!

ibiza isaboutmore than the westend and the nite clubs,i get sick of hearing about the westend and niteclubs, theres more to the island than theses 2 topic.dont no what u rowing about each to your own i say doing one nite in the westend it dont make me a beer boy im going with my girlfriend and also dont mind a nite in a club but sod it if id spend all my time just doing one or the other as i said each to there own i guess but theres more than just these 2 things

i understand that people like different music who go to ibiza but there should only be house clubs because (i know it sounds pretentious snobby and stuck up but bothered!) we are higher class of clubers in the house scene we wear the best clothes behave in a respectable manner and we are all there for the music if you want to see the real ibiza go to pacha because thats where it started and that is the kind of club ibiza is all about - everybody with a smile on their face, dancin and having the time of their lives

if you don't want to pay ibiza prices why go? get yourself to majorca/greece/blackpool

i'm not a nasty person and never have a bad thing to say about anyone but on this topic, well it makes my blood boil

You sound like you yearn for some eliteist clubbing isle that only accepts "true" clubbers and turns away anyone whose musical tastes differ slightly from your "norm"

That ain't happening.

The West End will always be. Beer boys & girls will always be.

Accept it & move on.

Boardgrrrrl said:
You sound like you yearn for some eliteist clubbing isle that only accepts "true" clubbers and turns away anyone whose musical tastes differ slightly from your "norm"

That ain't happening.

The West End will always be. Beer boys & girls will always be.

Accept it & move on.

Here Here :!:

your right that is what i want its my opinion and i can have it if i want, i just think there are places for people to go if they want to get lashed, be loud and loutish and it's not ibiza although that scene in ibiza blown up...... i do accept it and there is nothing i can do about it.......... you never really sea beer boys in decent clubs and bars in the uk so why do they got to ibiza? and then they come get on the net and complain about the prices............ all beer boys want to do is go on holiday for cheap drink, cheap cigs and cheap woman............... you give the isle a bad name and ruin it for everyone else

you don't even know what ibiza is about

it's a place for the house world to break the records you will be all buying in the charts when you come back becuase we all know that there are few good quality house records that make into the charts every summer................... its also where all the new trends will be set that you losers will catch on to about a year to late

Oooooooooooh someones a bit touchy :lol:

All we’re saying is that the west end is there whether we like it or not. Sitting here moaning about it all day long is not going to change things. There's no law stating that Ibiza is just an island solely for clubbers (and if there was I'm sure the people who actually LIVE there would have something to say about it!) , it has something for everyone. If you don’t like the west end then you don’t need to go there - end of story. I personally cant stand the west end and try to avoid it at all costs but there’s no law out there that says beer boys and girls aren’t allowed to do what they do there.

Get off your high horse and stop being such a snob. Nobody forces you to go to the west end so if you don’t like it steer well clear, there are plenty of other places to stay and things to do on the island. Yes the west end is tacky, yes it smells, yes its full of lager louts and trouble makers, its all of the bad things that people say. But that’s just my opinion, I’m sure there are plenty of people out there who would disagree with me and that’s fine.

The best thing about Ibiza is that it’s a place where you can come and totally be yourself, doing whatever you want to do without being judged.

Son, why should there only be house clubs? i love house as well but the whole point of ibiza is to give people a wide and varied selection of music, with all these styles offering something different to the island.

if everything was the same it would be boring. i also dont get what ure on about when u say clubbers who are in2 house are a higher class. thats got absolutely nothing to do with it, i dont see how the clothes people wear adds to the quality of the music.
it sounds a little like to go to these places to be seen and act cool as well as listen to the music.

K said:
Oooooooooooh someones a bit touchy :lol:

All we’re saying is that the west end is there whether we like it or not. Sitting here moaning about it all day long is not going to change things. There's no law stating that Ibiza is just an island solely for clubbers (and if there was I'm sure the people who actually LIVE there would have something to say about it!) , it has something for everyone. If you don’t like the west end then you don’t need to go there - end of story. I personally cant stand the west end and try to avoid it at all costs but there’s no law out there that says beer boys and girls aren’t allowed to do what they do there.

Get off your high horse and stop being such a snob. Nobody forces you to go to the west end so if you don’t like it steer well clear, there are plenty of other places to stay and things to do on the island. Yes the west end is tacky, yes it smells, yes its full of lager louts and trouble makers, its all of the bad things that people say. But that’s just my opinion, I’m sure there are plenty of people out there who would disagree with me and that’s fine.

The best thing about Ibiza is that it’s a place where you can come and totally be yourself, doing whatever you want to do without being judged.

*Boardgrrrrl nods in agreement*

son said:
i understand that people like different music who go to ibiza but there should only be house clubs because (i know it sounds pretentious snobby and stuck up but bothered!) we are higher class of clubers in the house scene we wear the best clothes behave in a respectable manner and we are all there for the music if you want to see the real ibiza go to pacha because thats where it started and that is the kind of club ibiza is all about - everybody with a smile on their face, dancin and having the time of their lives

if you don't want to pay ibiza prices why go? get yourself to majorca/greece/blackpool

i'm not a nasty person and never have a bad thing to say about anyone but on this topic, well it makes my blood boil

Look, Ibiza is much more than a house clubs paradise, and so includes the beer boys.

no it can have house, techno,d&b, trance, soulful, prog, tribal i don't care as long as it is proper dance music................... i do have a high horse because i love the scene that i am part of ................ you go on holiday to experience cultures of different land but instead we build the big market (newcastle) in and idilic balleric isle

Son

i went to Ibiza before the house thing really started (early/mid eighties). To many of my ibizian friends who live/d out there the house scene ruined the 'real' ibiza vibe. Up until the very early nighties it was a very cosmopolitan place and only a few brits made it out. Its widely accepted by locals that the brits haven't enhanced ibiza.

i think whats really ruining ibiza is narrow minded people who disapprove of scene's they aren't into!

Marts said:
, i dont see how the clothes people wear adds to the quality of the music.
it sounds a little like to go to these places to be seen and act cool as well as listen to the music.

a little like the fronting at space
laugh.gif

Back