Why does everyone hate Pacha?

whereas Pacha is pretty strictly a house music establishment.

I saw Laurent Garnier play a hard as nails techno set at Def Mix a couple of years back.

Needless to say it didn't go down especially well with the pink stetson brigade.

I saw Laurent Garnier play a hard as nails techno set at Def Mix a couple of years back.

Needless to say it didn't go down especially well with the pink stetson brigade.

I saw Garnier in 2004 at Pacha... he was fantastic!!!!

That was about the only Pacha night i only enjoyed.

I saw Garnier in 2004 at Pacha... he was fantastic!!!!

That was about the only Pacha night i only enjoyed.
I think my favorite Pacha nights musically have to have been Renaissance. Especially when Cattaneo has closed it out. 8)

Always enjoyed my annual Sanchez fix too. And one time I saw Kenny Dope just rock the place solid.

jonny get real. we love is still one of the most unique parties in the world.

you should know better than to take as gospel a few comments on messageboards. i mean, just imagine if people read your comments and believed them. ;)

italian posers have been a part of the ibiza club scene for as long as pasty white sunburnt irish lads and dagenham dave and the hippy french bird who's got things growing out of her dreads.

That's strange, someone i know who went to Ibiza almost every summer during the 1990's said he never recalls any Italian posers there (or any chavs either)he said it was completely different to what it is thesedays,and was just pure hedonism back then with no pretentioius, times do change though (not always for the better)

Personally i thought WLS was good but the atmosphere was a bit flat until Groove Armada came on later, i certainly wouldn't rate it as anywhere being one of the unique party's in the world anyway, El Divino is my only confirmed date so far anyway, i might look into going to some smaller less unknown clubs on the other nites (that are cheaper too) as someone who packs away a fair bit of drink on an nite out i really cant be dealing with paying €12+ for a bottle of beer that can be purchased in a supermarket for 60 cents, im sure some of the smaller clubs would be a lot chepaer, actually whilst on the subject can someone recommend some smaller clubs in Ibiza that are rocking and play disco/funky type house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I think it is a gorgeous club, but the majority of people are A*SEHOLES.

The bar staff are rude, and stuck up, the drinks prices are steep (but so is the rest of the island), and the VIP area is humungous. Full of guys dancing in white linen trousers with girls half their age because they have a bit of cash, dancing like complete muppets.

Just my opinion :)

It's great how a few people on the same forum have such varied views on a club.

I love Pacha, but the ever increasing VIP areas are annoying at the very least.

As for the crowd, I don't really notice the posers / whatever you guys call them:oops: I go there for the club and the music. I have never really noticed the prices being more expensive than Space or Amnesia. As for entry prices, last year we got into Pacha for Release Yourself = 25 euros. We met some great people who we keep in touch with as we do with loads of people we have met in the club, none of them posers or pretentious tw@ts.

The doorstaff are always brilliant, the misus or I have never been searched / frisked having been into Pacha maybe a dozen or more times. Never had to queue more then five minutes.

One of my best ever (recent) clubbing nights was when Sasha played @ Pure Pacha, the whole club was going mental.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Pacha Rules.....

Lovely club in every way :)

Few undesirables there but aren't there everywhere you go :(

I'm not so bothered by the VIP, really... it takes up less space, percentage wise, than the VIP sections of a lot of Moscow clubs :lol:

My friends and I once got a table up there (one of them had a bum leg and needed a place to sit down)... it was actually alright. A nice spot to take a break in between forays to the dancefloor.

I actually find it entertaining to watch the people who populate the VIP section at Pacha. They're often quite comical :lol:

The VIP section at Space bothers me more... it took up a spot where I used to like to hang out :evil:

I actually find it entertaining to watch the people who populate the VIP section at Pacha. They're often quite comical :lol:

I agree with you. I think thats why we had a lough when we went last year... we were on the roof terrace people watching for a bit... was great fun. But we soon got fed up and headed back to the dance floor to get involved.

I think a VIP section at Pacha is a bit more acceptable as well than one at Space.
As many people have said on here, Space is more about the music rather than the decor, so to have a VIP section in it (IMO) is a bit pointless. 8)

J

Maybe the last time we were in Pacha (June 2007) the roof terrace had more VIP section for some special do or other but it really was a huge chunk of the terrace being taken up by the VIP area:evil:

Suerly a VIP section in DC10 sucks more than any other VIP area on the island?

I think also the fact the crowd is slightly older in Pacha (generally) appeals to me these days :) :)

the pacha in London by Victoria is the antichrist of clubbing - anodyne "funky" "house" hell

run by greedy capitalist scumbugs, usually frequented by the Leyton Orient B team in search of muff

although in fairness, fairly representative of most nightspots in and around the west end

avoid like the plague.. unless, of course, that's your sort of thing

Anyway folks, can anyway recommend some smaller clubs in Ibiza (with normal drinks prices) that would play House,cheers.:)

the pacha in London by Victoria is the antichrist of clubbing - anodyne "funky" "house" hell

run by greedy capitalist scumbugs, usually frequented by the Leyton Orient B team in search of muff

although in fairness, fairly representative of most nightspots in and around the west end

avoid like the plague.. unless, of course, that's your sort of thing

And Barnet when they are not getting down to some bump n grind elsewhere!!

By contrast, Pacha Buenos Aires is a blast. Located right on the Rio de la Plata. Good local house DJs. Fun atmosphere.

I saw Spitfire play there on New Years Eve. Especially enjoyed the outdoor dance/chill area with the breeze coming off the river 8)

By contrast, Pacha Buenos Aires is a blast. Located right on the Rio de la Plata. Good local house DJs. Fun atmosphere.

I saw Spitfire play there on New Years Eve. Especially enjoyed the outdoor dance/chill area with the breeze coming off the river 8)

Morbyd, I would like to nominate you as Spotlights most internationally travelled clubber:lol::lol:

Back