Why does everyone hate Pacha?

what do you mean? eden?. Eden is better than pacha is my opinion. Pacha is the only club in ibiza I left at 1am it was that poor.Wont ever go back to pacha either. Too many posers for my liking. Sweedish house mafia is prob only night id consider but Cocoon ****s all over SHM.

That along with the fact the drink prices seem to be higher than anywhere else, 25 euros for a double jd and coke 4 years ago! is the reason alot of people hate pacha

Ordering doubles in Ibiza clubs is crazy. They put 4 x spirit we do in anyway, you probably don't get anything extra for paying extra.

the spanish posers were rude and had no manors barging into people. That along with the fact the drink prices seem to be higher than anywhere else, 25 euros for a double jd and coke 4 years ago! is the reason alot of people hate pacha
I don't think the drink prices aren't really higher than Amnesia or Space. Maybe 1 euro in some cases.

But more importantly, I never have a problem with Spanish barging into me at Pacha. Usually Brits and Dutch!

Everyone on the dancefloor is dancing but there are some people thinking they are cool in VIP but so what?

I think you've been lucky then (or me unlucky)

The problem i have with the club is every time I've gone there are very few people dancing. They are either starring at the dancers or taking pictures of them or just chatting with their mates in the middle of the dancefloor.

I still go becuase I like the friday line-ups and the roof terrace is gorgeous, but I never expect to have a proper night like i would do at the other big clubs

But more importantly, I never have a problem with Spanish barging into me at Pacha. Usually Brits and Dutch!

I know! Aren't the Dutch just horrible people? ;)

Hi John how are you? It's Nancy (from Holland ;)). We met last year @ We Love closing

... The problem i have with the club ... are ... people ...
just chatting with their mates in the middle of the dancefloor ...
those damn´italians :lol:

highlight is when a group of them (and they are always in groups)
is forming a circle for hours,
putting their stuff (fake gucci-bags etc) in the middle
and defend "their" territory the whole night with their elbows :)

Pacha

I have had some amazing nites in Pacha. Subliminal, Defected, and Flower Power. I go there every trip out. I have been off the board, because I said that I would not go out to the island this year. I am reading the board and having second thoughts..:eek::twisted:

"...
We just deleted the We Love video thanks to a dumb comment from Juan MacLean,
who spoilt a very insightful documentary about fashion
with a pathetic comment about Pacha.
..."
(pacha-mag @ fartbook)

what happened ?
who the F is "Juan MacLean" ?
and what did "Juan MacLean" write ?

i´m all ears ;)

i personally just dont like the people who go there. my idea of a good night out doesnt involve people standing around loving themselves and running off to the bathroom every 10 minutes to check their hair.
also, i dont think its a good sign when a club has a big VIP area in the middle of the dancefloor. the whole place just screams "look at me!!!"

My opinion is that Pacha is the best venue there is in Ibiza. Space is hall-like, Amnesia is hall-like, Privilage is, hhhhmmm, hall-like. Eden is relatively nice, Es Paradis too. El Divino used to be great. I just loved the terrace and the view to the city. Plus, Pacha has the Funky Room that is Ooohh-Aaaah-Iiiih-Ooooh. I also this that Pacha has more adult-like people as in some other places it's mostly kids.

I have no problem with barging people. They usually apoligize. Big deal. I really don't give a rats ass about rude bartenders etc. I usually say five words them during the whole night (beer, beer, beer, beer, beer). Except the most qutest bartender is in Amnesia...

i personally just dont like the people who go there. my idea of a good night out doesnt involve people standing around loving themselves and running off to the bathroom every 10 minutes to check their hair.
also, i dont think its a good sign when a club has a big VIP area in the middle of the dancefloor. the whole place just screams "look at me!!!"

I think a lot of this is in the minds of the observer. We have had some immense nights in Pacha and met some great friends over the years. None of them posers or anything approaching poser types. It's much like an urban myth and people end up going to pacha with an expectation of a scene as described above.

My best ever clubbing night was Sasha @ Pacha, the place was going mental. Not a poser in sight, or they had all been trampled:D

The ever increasing vip area is a big turn off, the dregs of clubbing is the vip area of any club, and Pacha's is simply too big, agreed.

I think a lot of this is in the minds of the observer. We have had some immense nights in Pacha and met some great friends over the years. None of them posers or anything approaching poser types. It's much like an urban myth and people end up going to pacha with an expectation of a scene as described above.

My best ever clubbing night was Sasha @ Pacha, the place was going mental. Not a poser in sight, or they had all been trampled:D

The ever increasing vip area is a big turn off, the dregs of clubbing is the vip area of any club, and Pacha's is simply too big, agreed.
the first time i ever went i had a good night in there. ive definately never gone there thinking "this is going to be terrible" but its just turned out that way. obviously there are normal people there, because the nights are so popular, but im just pointing out that a lot of the crowd are massively up their own arses. i actually went last year for the swedish house mafia and left after half an hour. my mates just got back from ibiza last weekend, and he told me he went to pacha and left after less than an hour too.

Would agree with this view.

Plus, its human nature that some people will be jealous of a person or place that becomes commercially successfull.

Great place - an institution in my eyes.

Love walking around and gawping at the surroundings.

Great restaurant and there's a bonus dance floor inside.

Cutting edge music? Probably not. Clued up crowd? Defintiely no.

...but where else can you go to a Salsa class with loads of Spanish fishwives in one room, mingle with celebs in the funky room the next and get off your t!ts on the main floor inbetween?

Fun if in the mood.

It is a beautiful venue no doubt, love the little alcoves and outside area's. I have only been 4 times and 3 out of those 4 times I just haven't enjoyed the vibe/crowd. I just felt distant from the other people. Other venues I have felt more of a unified "up for it" vibe.

Good for romancin' during those holiday flings though. Just as long as you can ward off randy geezers with semi's trying to grope your girl.

Great place - an institution in my eyes.

Love walking around and gawping at the surroundings.

Great restaurant and there's a bonus dance floor inside.

Cutting edge music? Probably not. Clued up crowd? Defintiely no.

...but where else can you go to a Salsa class with loads of Spanish fishwives in one room, mingle with celebs in the funky room the next and get off your t!ts on the main floor inbetween?

Fun if in the mood.

I couldnt have said it better myself. 8)

I always go when on the Island, and usually only the once. I remember the first time I went circa 1993 and as i walked down the stairs (next to where the Dj used to be) Danny Rampling played Show me love by Robin S, and place was rocking. That was my introduction to clubbing. Thats why it means alot to me.

Can't believe that was 17 years ago :eek:

My first time happened to be a brilliant one too.

It was a Ministry of Sound night back in '99 when they were winning all the 'best night on the island' awards.

The decor was amazing - loads of televisions with 'London calling' on them if I remember...and aphroditte doing shed loads of costume changes (one being a mettalic robot with spinning MoS globe) - the other dancers were great too. I'd pay the entry fee alone to sit in an armchair and gawp at their moves all eve tbh.

Also I think '99 was a fantastic year for house. I heard Knights of the Jaguar first that eve and thought ':eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:' along with this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDM4OLkBgGc (Dubtribe were blatantly made to be played in opulent surroundings like Pacha.)

The icing on the cake was Kathy Brown's live PA though - she rocked it. :eek:

I think I met Boy George that eve too.

OK - so I may have just talked myself into booking that flight I've been putting off. :lol:

My first time happened to be a brilliant one too.

It was a Ministry of Sound night back in '99 when they were winning all the 'best night on the island' awards.

The decor was amazing - loads of televisions with 'London calling' on them if I remember...and aphroditte doing shed loads of costume changes (one being a mettalic robot with spinning MoS globe) - the other dancers were great too. I'd pay the entry fee alone to sit in an armchair and gawp at their moves all eve tbh.

Also I think '99 was a fantastic year for house. I heard Knights of the Jaguar first that eve and thought ':eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:' along with this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDM4OLkBgGc (Dubtribe were blatantly made to be played in opulent surroundings like Pacha.)

The icing on the cake was Kathy Brown's live PA though - she rocked it. :eek:

I think I met Boy George that eve too.

OK - so I may have just talked myself into booking that flight I've been putting off. :lol:

Do It!!!!!

Pacha is my fav club on the Island - I havent had a bad night there in my many years of going there..... although there was one questionable night at Sanchez but that was the music not the clientele - yes the VIP is usually extensive but I have to say last visit 2 weeks ago and it was back to its smaller size overlooking the dancefloor and the upper balconies were for the general public....8)

Sister Bliss, Deep Dish, Fat Boy Slim, Mutiny, Darren Emerson, Paul Oakenfold, Sanchez, Jon Carter, Derrick Carter Louie Vega, Frankie Knuckles, Danny Rampling, Felix, Wally Lopez some of my best nights clubbing have been at Pacha...

What's not to love about that place

Do It!!!!!

Pacha is my fav club on the Island - I havent had a bad night there in my many years of going there..... although there was one questionable night at Sanchez but that was the music not the clientele - yes the VIP is usually extensive but I have to say last visit 2 weeks ago and it was back to its smaller size overlooking the dancefloor and the upper balconies were for the general public....8)

Sister Bliss, Deep Dish, Fat Boy Slim, Mutiny, Darren Emerson, Paul Oakenfold, Sanchez, Jon Carter, Derrick Carter Louie Vega, Frankie Knuckles, Danny Rampling, Felix, Wally Lopez some of my best nights clubbing have been at Pacha...

What's not to love about that place

Here here :lol::lol::lol:

Back