WHP Warehouse Project MCR

Door staff - Very rude and do thorough search. They have police hanging about. Sniffer dog also

Sound system - Terrible. Expect to hear music from both rooms and everyone talking

Venue - Will be oversold / Bar is a dining room table / Toilets expect to queue / You will be treading on bottles and CO2 canisters all night / Rooms full of zombies

You could have a better experience in your garage with a couple of mates and a JBL Bluetooth speaker
Not being funny Rye but if i remember correctly you went to the NYE night with Hannah Wants on... what did you expect?

A venue that size on NYE in a city centre, only ever gonna be shite

Not being funny Rye but if i remember correctly you went to the NYE night with Hannah Wants on... what did you expect?

A venue that size on NYE in a city centre, only ever gonna be shite

Doesn't matter when you go - You are still at the same venue and same rules

If you go to Amnesia for Elrow/Music on/Opening or closing - It is still Amnesia.

G
And I am on about the venue
Personally would never return to a dark car park paying those ticket prices for a shoddy sound system and crap organisation/thoughts
Get the right crowd and the right music and you can have a great night. Its gradually getting worse for the crowd it attracts but thats not just WHP by the sound/looks of it. The old vids on youtube of Garnier playing look unreal

For me the price and crowd is the biggest let down. Store Street was good before they returned, now I've not really had a good night on the 2 nights I've been to there. Shame really but these things must keep evolving!

And I am on about the venue
Personally would never return to a dark car park paying those ticket prices for a shoddy sound system and crap organisation/thoughts

And personally I wouldn't burn £300 on going to see all the fireworks, bells and whistles at Tomorrowland for the day but each to their own! People just like different parties/vibes. No need to trash talk somewhere just because they search going in and its dark and busy - it is a nightclub after all! I've never experienced issues with the sound and I've been several times.

Yep i agree...
getting in never a problem, queue moves quick.
Bars never had to wait more than a couple of min.
Toilets i go for a slash when i need, never had to wait.
Sound... back of main room does quieten off but that has to happen as room 2 not far away, front of main room is loud and room 2 system is actually loud and decent.
Co2 cannisters... never seen one
And zombies... not in my experience

So as a say Rye the night you pick and the people that go does have a massive bearing on the night.

Pricing is dear but when it sells out more often than not, its not surprising it keeps going up as they clearly havent hit the ceiling yet what people will pay.

Personally i think £40 for the Sven lineup that lasts 12 and a half hours is decent value

If I was closer to Manchester I’d probably do a night or 2 a season but for me it’s a pricey, average night out. Shame as before they moved, and even Victoria Warehouse I enjoyed it
This is the same as me I can do a night in Ibiza for near enough the same cost as night in Manchester!

And personally I wouldn't burn £300 on going to see all the fireworks, bells and whistles at Tomorrowland for the day but each to their own! People just like different parties/vibes. No need to trash talk somewhere just because they search going in and its dark and busy - it is a nightclub after all! I've never experienced issues with the sound and I've been several times.

Bit of a silly comment really... Bit like saying you'd prefer to drive a Vauxhall Astra iso a Ferrari F12 as your daily. And no it isn't a nightclub it is a car park.

There are issues with the sound system - because it requires you to be stood no further than 10metres from the DJ and that is totally not ideal. When you go into a car park the sound is totally transformed. The sound bounces off all the walls and creates an echo. The sound system in store street does not work

If an organiser is charging the amount they do - to party in an oily car park with a bad sound system and not much thought or consideration into site facilities. It requires trash talk as you are clearly lining the organisers pockets. The mark up must be huge on those WHP events.

I would rather drive an astra as opposed to a fezza for a daily. Supercars are a nightmare to drive round the doors. I’ve been in a few and all the owners say the same.

I’d still rather a dark, dirty carpark for a proper techno night, like Drumcode, as opposed to that shower of shit Abode at stuido 338 with 20 year olds :lol:

I’ve never noticed the sound being an issue at WHP, though I’d say room 2 is more consistent, in terms of it’s pretty loud wherever you are.

There are issues with the sound system - because it requires you to be stood no further than 10metres from the DJ and that is totally not ideal. When you go into a car park the sound is totally transformed. The sound bounces off all the walls and creates an echo. The sound system in store street does not work

To be fair you have been to 1 event there in the 9 seasons they've done. There is quite a lot of things 'not great' about Store Street but sound is rarely one from my experience

Back