Who has booked 2021

It's now only 3 weeks until I arrive in Ibiza. We (in Norway) are still in semi lockdown. Bars in the town where I live are closed. The sale of alcohol is banned.

I am not vaccinated. Even if I wanted to, there's no way that can happen before mid July at the earliest.

Ibiza and the rest of Spain is considered a "red" country. This means I'll need a PCR test done in Ibiza before the return flight home. Upon arrival I will need another PCR test. Regardless of the result I'll be put in a 3 day quarantine at a quarantine hotel at the airport. I will have to pay for this "hotel" myself. If a PCR test after these 3 days is negative, then I can travel home and be in quarantine at home for 7 days. There is a mandatory PCR test after 7 days, afterwhich I am a free man. That's four tests just on the return trip.

I've been up against worse odds. I think the holiday will go ahead. ;)
It's just over a week until my flight to Ibiza. Ibiza/Spain is still considered a "dark red" country by the Norwegian authorities. As mentioned above, this means that on my return I will have to spent at least 3 days in a quarantine hotel, and then 7 days in quarantine at home.

My main concern is my job which is in the public sector. The government is advising against all foreign travels. I will therefore be "breaking the rules" by going to Ibiza. I really don't want to get into trouble.

I mentioned my holiday challenges to my boss today - and that I'll most likely be cancelling the holiday because of the quarantine when returning home. He then casually asked why I can't work from the quarantine hotel? "Surely you can work effectively enough if you have your laptop and mobile with you?"

I think my holiday might still go ahead. :cool:

It's just over a week until my flight to Ibiza. Ibiza/Spain is still considered a "dark red" country by the Norwegian authorities. As mentioned above, this means that on my return I will have to spent at least 3 days in a quarantine hotel, and then 7 days in quarantine at home.

My main concern is my job which is in the public sector. The government is advising against all foreign travels. I will therefore be "breaking the rules" by going to Ibiza. I really don't want to get into trouble.

I mentioned my holiday challenges to my boss today - and that I'll most likely be cancelling the holiday because of the quarantine when returning home. He then casually asked why I can't work from the quarantine hotel? "Surely you can work effectively enough if you have your laptop and mobile with you?"

Now that's a great boss right there. Hopefully your trip goes ahead!

My post above was 10 days ago.

What happened is that I realised the hotel quarantine on the return to Norway would be nowhere near where I live or work. There's no way I could get my laptop and other work stuff to the hotel. The Ibiza trip could not go ahead. The hotel I had booked in Ibiza had to be cancelled 3 days before arrival. On Wednesday this week I gave up and cancelled the hotel.

Instead I booked another holiday as from next weekend in Norway.

Since Ibiza was off, I emptied by bank account by buying crypto.

Then on Friday afternoon the Norwegian government, unexpectably to me at least, announced that Norway will now be entering stage 3 of the reopening. This means lifting hotel quarantine from EU countries. 🧐

I suddenly remembered that I hadn't been bothered to start the endless process of cancelling my flight with KLM to Ibiza. I didn't have to do it until shortly before boarding, which would be early Sunday morning.

On Friday afternoon I was on the west coast, whilst the flight to Ibiza starts from Oslo. Sometime last year I bought a dirt cheap and non-refundable plane ticket for that evening to get to Oslo. That ticket was still valid too.

The decision was easy. I quickly started to close up at work, tell everyone I was going on holiday after all, and successfully getting everyone at work massively jealous (no one else at work is going abroad this summer). Then I rushed home to pack my bags.

About 1,5 hours before the flight I suddenly remembered that the dirt cheap flight does not include any luggage. It also doesn't included hand luggage. You are not allowed to put anything in the compartment above the seat. My plan was to book luggage later, like I do with most internal flights. So I went online - but only to be told that it was now too late to book luggage. All I could bring was what can be stuffed in my pockets.

I made it to the airport on time, about to go on a two week holiday, with hardly anything with me, with almost no money in my bank account (which is also the max on my credit card), haven't had a haircut in ages, without any contact linses, no toiletries, no PCR/Rapid Antigen test, no hotel booked, no nothing. But I was on my way to Ibiza. :cool:

Fortunately I had Saturday in Oslo to get somewhat sorted out.

I am now in Amsterdam waiting for the connecting flight to Ibiza. It's been two years since last time, with several cancellations. I can't see what can go wrong now. 🤟

My post above was 10 days ago.

What happened is that I realised the hotel quarantine on the return to Norway would be nowhere near where I live or work. There's no way I could get my laptop and other work stuff to the hotel. The Ibiza trip could not go ahead. The hotel I had booked in Ibiza had to be cancelled 3 days before arrival. On Wednesday this week I gave up and cancelled the hotel.

Instead I booked another holiday as from next weekend in Norway.

Since Ibiza was off, I emptied by bank account by buying crypto.

Then on Friday afternoon the Norwegian government, unexpectably to me at least, announced that Norway will now be entering stage 3 of the reopening. This means lifting hotel quarantine from EU countries. 🧐

I suddenly remembered that I hadn't been bothered to start the endless process of cancelling my flight with KLM to Ibiza. I didn't have to do it until shortly before boarding, which would be early Sunday morning.

On Friday afternoon I was on the west coast, whilst the flight to Ibiza starts from Oslo. Sometime last year I bought a dirt cheap and non-refundable plane ticket for that evening to get to Oslo. That ticket was still valid too.

The decision was easy. I quickly started to close up at work, tell everyone I was going on holiday after all, and successfully getting everyone at work massively jealous (no one else at work is going abroad this summer). Then I rushed home to pack my bags.

About 1,5 hours before the flight I suddenly remembered that the dirt cheap flight does not include any luggage. It also doesn't included hand luggage. You are not allowed to put anything in the compartment above the seat. My plan was to book luggage later, like I do with most internal flights. So I went online - but only to be told that it was now too late to book luggage. All I could bring was what can be stuffed in my pockets.

I made it to the airport on time, about to go on a two week holiday, with hardly anything with me, with almost no money in my bank account (which is also the max on my credit card), haven't had a haircut in ages, without any contact linses, no toiletries, no PCR/Rapid Antigen test, no hotel booked, no nothing. But I was on my way to Ibiza. :cool:

Fortunately I had Saturday in Oslo to get somewhat sorted out.

I am now in Amsterdam waiting for the connecting flight to Ibiza. It's been two years since last time, with several cancellations. I can't see what can go wrong now. 🤟
This is the best thing I've read in ages. Party on Snowy!!

you're in IBZ with no bags and no clothes?

admittedly you won't need a lot right now 🌡️☀️
Indeed. I have been to the beach. The weather today was excellent.

I was expecting the beaches to be half deserted. But Cala Salada was rather packed today, on a Monday. I think a lot of the people are Germans, probably staying somewhere else than in downtown San An.

Which week is looking best for closings?

Amnesia on the 23rd Oct is of course the big one, but Do Not Sleep lineup is decent on the 12th and know not all events will go the full distance in October. Can only feasibly fit 1 week in for cost reasons and it'll be a shock to my body after 3 years away! 🤪

Back