Who has booked 2021

It's now only 3 weeks until I arrive in Ibiza. We (in Norway) are still in semi lockdown. Bars in the town where I live are closed. The sale of alcohol is banned.

I am not vaccinated. Even if I wanted to, there's no way that can happen before mid July at the earliest.

Ibiza and the rest of Spain is considered a "red" country. This means I'll need a PCR test done in Ibiza before the return flight home. Upon arrival I will need another PCR test. Regardless of the result I'll be put in a 3 day quarantine at a quarantine hotel at the airport. I will have to pay for this "hotel" myself. If a PCR test after these 3 days is negative, then I can travel home and be in quarantine at home for 7 days. There is a mandatory PCR test after 7 days, afterwhich I am a free man. That's four tests just on the return trip.

I've been up against worse odds. I think the holiday will go ahead. ;)

It's now only 3 weeks until I arrive in Ibiza. We (in Norway) are still in semi lockdown. Bars in the town where I live are closed. The sale of alcohol is banned.

I am not vaccinated. Even if I wanted to, there's no way that can happen before mid July at the earliest.

Ibiza and the rest of Spain is considered a "red" country. This means I'll need a PCR test done in Ibiza before the return flight home. Upon arrival I will need another PCR test. Regardless of the result I'll be put in a 3 day quarantine at a quarantine hotel at the airport. I will have to pay for this "hotel" myself. If a PCR test after these 3 days is negative, then I can travel home and be in quarantine at home for 7 days. There is a mandatory PCR test after 7 days, afterwhich I am a free man. That's four tests just on the return trip.

I've been up against worse odds. I think the holiday will go ahead. ;)
They've banned all alcohol sales? Holy shit, that sounds brutal. How long have you guys been on lockdown?

They've banned all alcohol sales? Holy shit, that sounds brutal. How long have you guys been on lockdown?
They banned the sale of alcohol in restaurants. This means most restaurants have closed. Bars are closed anyhow. It's simply impossible to buy alcohol in any kind of venue.

The liquor store is however open. This means people can only drink at home.

We have been in and out of lockdown.

They banned the sale of alcohol in restaurants. This means most restaurants have closed. Bars are closed anyhow. It's simply impossible to buy alcohol in any kind of venue.

The liquor store is however open. This means people can only drink at home.

We have been in and out of lockdown.
Ok that makes more sense. I thought they had just put a blanket ban on booze. Lol

We actually have a liquor and wine monopoly, which means thay you only buy liquor, wine and strong beer in government owned liquor stores. (Ordinary weak beer is sold in supermarkets.) These liquor stores are called Vinmonopolet, which literally means "The Wine Monopoly". So they're not even pretending.

There are very few of these stores. There are only two in the town where I live (the pop. being about 60,000 people.) As you'd expect, there is usually a queue on Saturday afternoons.

Every now and then politicians will attempt to limit peoples opportunity to drink alcohol by restricting the number of stores or the opening hours. At one point they had decided that there were to be no more than 250(?) liquor stores in Norway. Dozens of towns had no such store. When the Vinmonopolet wanted to open a store in a regional town where they had no store, they had to close down a store in Oslo or Bergen so as not to exceed 250 in total. Today there are 315 such stores.

Yes, I really need that holiday in Ibiza.

Last edited:
We actually have a liquor and wine monopoly, which means thay you only buy liquor, wine and strong beer in government owned liquor stores. (Ordinary weak beer is sold in supermarkets.) These liquor stores are called Vinmonopolet, which literally means "The Wine Monopoly". So they're not even pretending.

There are very few of these stores. There are only two in the town where I live (the pop. being about 60,000 people.) As you'd expect, there is usually a queue on Saturday afternoons.

Every now and then politicians will attempt to limit peoples opportunity to drink alcohol by restricting the number of stores or the opening hours. At one point they had decided that there were to be no more than 250(?) liquor stores in Norway. Dozens of towns had no such store. When the Vinmonopolet wanted to open a store in a regional town where they had no store, they had to close down a store in Oslo or Bergen so as not to exceed 250 in total. Today there are 315 such stores.

I found myself in Kirkenes once.

Price of a pint there nearly blew my mind.

Kept it on my list of places to avoid for a stag do ever since 😬

It sounds like a very funny country.

changed my dates by a week, will now be from August 4 to August 13, (instead of the end of July) in the hope that there will be more nightlife in August ;-)

Back