Who has booked 2021

I'd say the average first age to go to Ibiza had already shifted to 25+ due to cost. The Greek Islands get the 16-24's.

But agree with the above comments that after being locked up for a year and currently only able to see freinds for a drink sat down outdoors in a sterile environment may mean people won't want to cram into a sweaty club just yet, and Ibiza is pretty much the worst offender in the world for overcrowding. Bars and outdoor places like Ushuaia, OBeach, Ibiza Rocks and Destino might be even more successful over the next few years as a result.
it seems to me the younger generation of clubbers coming through don't seem to do the holiday side of things like before, just going by my kid sister and her mates, plus others they all seem to lean towards the city break clubbing retreats, Dam, Paris, Berlin ..when we were that age we would base a clubbing holiday somewhere redders to lay in the sun through the day and party through the night.. anyone else feel that side of travellers is lost a bit?

it seems to me the younger generation of clubbers coming through don't seem to do the holiday side of things like before, just going by my kid sister and her mates, plus others they all seem to lean towards the city break clubbing retreats, Dam, Paris, Berlin ..when we were that age we would base a clubbing holiday somewhere redders to lay in the sun through the day and party through the night.. anyone else feel that side of travellers is lost a bit?

Yep agree. As has been discussed in the 'what can be done about the West End' thread that's in part due to the growth of social media, some literally just want to go somewhere to get that photo for the likes (and a grubby West End bar doesn't cut it anymore)

It's no longer a holiday with drink and a dabble. It's skip straight to the gear to cane it and sleep 'till the pre-party begins ...

just saw this: https://www.majorcadailybulletin.co...87/spain-will-reopen-safely-tourism-june.html

Might be sooner, but it's looking like a June reboot for now.

France just announced they are welcoming US tourists in May: https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlie...cans-this-summer-macron-says/?sh=79e50eeb18e4
Good news. Big question is what about the clubs? Fingers crossed the vaccination efforts on the island continues to progress.

Also, you’d be surprised how fast the hesitation being in a packed, sweaty club disappears after you’ve been vaccinated.

Last edited:
Good news. Big question is what about the clubs. Fingers crossed the vaccination efforts on the island continues to progress.

Also, you’d be surprised how fast the hesitation being in a packed, sweaty club disappears after you’ve been vaccinated.
lol this is pretty much where i'm at. If the locals can get their vaccines and everyone going to the island is vaccinated, I see zero reason why the clubs won't be back open.

It's all going to depend on entry requirements and the local populations ability to get jabbed.

Yep agree. As has been discussed in the 'what can be done about the West End' thread that's in part due to the growth of social media, some literally just want to go somewhere to get that photo for the likes (and a grubby West End bar doesn't cut it anymore)
Funnily enough I've heard that one of the best places to meet Insta-generation women is at cafés and bars that have a feminine and Insta-friendly interior. It could be a wall of flowers, or an insane art installation. Apparently one sees groups of women at these places sipping coffee and getting pics of themselves in front of whatever horrendous-but-Instafriendly interior is on offer.

Obviously there are not many men at these establishments. The numbers are therefore working in ones favour.

How will the West End cope? Well, when the women have gone, then it's over.

It's not the first time a great civilization or simply a line of business went under because of people's changing needs to satisfy their vanity.

definitely mate, be stumped to find many under 25s out on the wezzer now
What age would you say the west end is nowadays?
I go there with my friends that are mainly early-mid 20s and they like it because people are similar age and aren't older like certain clubs. I'd agree too, i'd say you barely see a group with majority 25+ on the west end, it's become a snobbish thing to hate it as people that liked it in it's prime become older. It might not be as busy but the demographic isn't old at all every time i've visited

just saw this: https://www.majorcadailybulletin.co...87/spain-will-reopen-safely-tourism-june.html

Might be sooner, but it's looking like a June reboot for now.

France just announced they are welcoming US tourists in May: https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlie...cans-this-summer-macron-says/?sh=79e50eeb18e4

Greece now letting us yanks in this week. I think trips in June to Spain are a safe bet.

Greece now letting us yanks in this week. I think trips in June to Spain are a safe bet.
It's going to happen.

It's going to happen.

Trying to understand the rules. Greece said that they are letting in Americans with vaccine pass or negative test. The latest EU news says vaccine only. I guess each country can set their rules? Either way, this is good news.

Trying to understand the rules. Greece said that they are letting in Americans with vaccine pass or negative test. The latest EU news says vaccine only. I guess each country can set their rules? Either way, this is good news.
It's still too soon to really tell, but if I had to guess, they'll allow Americans access to the eu's digital green passport program. Summer is looking better and better

What age would you say the west end is nowadays?
I go there with my friends that are mainly early-mid 20s and they like it because people are similar age and aren't older like certain clubs. I'd agree too, i'd say you barely see a group with majority 25+ on the west end, it's become a snobbish thing to hate it as people that liked it in it's prime become older. It might not be as busy but the demographic isn't old at all every time i've visited
late 20 to 30 plus at id say my experiences of it have been over the last handful of years, suppose you can't just go by judging what peoples ages are but just never go down there and think that its a young crowd at all.. hey its not a bad thing be a sad day to see the West end closed up I hope its in use for many more years to come

late 20 to 30 plus at id say my experiences of it have been over the last handful of years, suppose you can't just go by judging what peoples ages are but just never go down there and think that its a young crowd at all.. hey its not a bad thing be a sad day to see the West end closed up I hope its in use for many more years to come
I have a soft spot for the west end but the last few years, 2019 mainly, almost became empty enough that it had lost it's thrill and lacked that hustle/bustle that made it a buzz. We managed to walk up and down the strip plenty of times without a single PR talking to us and only a few bars were bothering with them anymore. I didn't see too many people that were older than me there though.

I have a soft spot for the west end but the last few years, 2019 mainly, almost became empty enough that it had lost it's thrill and lacked that hustle/bustle that made it a buzz. We managed to walk up and down the strip plenty of times without a single PR talking to us and only a few bars were bothering with them anymore. I didn't see too many people that were older than me there though.
I think we all do mate, well those of us who started going over at an age it was cost effective to get on our way down there before heading over to the clubs or to the old town.. the buzz has certainly fizzled.. last time a was down there it was inline with some Hardcore BTID weekender or something and a lot of the bars / clubs down there were being used for the afters for that weekend but even then besides a few radged north east lot kicking about it was deaders

Every year of your live you go 500m more to the north of the island
Aaaaaah, the north...

Back