Who has booked 2021

Still booked for July from way last year. Vaccines confirmed for mid April and then the second in late June (*Pfizer for anyone looking a vac id). Just have to sit and wait now to see how things pan out. Willing to travel if permitted. Failing that maybe another attempt in late September or October or... whenever.

Still booked for July from way last year. Vaccines confirmed for mid April and then the second in late June (*Pfizer for anyone looking a vac id). Just have to sit and wait now to see how things pan out. Willing to travel if permitted. Failing that maybe another attempt in late September or October or... whenever.
You getting your pfizer in n.ireland?

Quite likely from what I can make out in terms of the location, I'm booked in at The Royal.
Nice one, all first doses we are giving out are AZ at the moment, with pfizer stock being reserved for 2nd doses.
But it changes all the time its hard to keep up.

It's 2 months until my holiday in Ibiza. I have been checking the entry requirements.

From what I've read one has to have a negative RT-PCR test (which is not the same as a PCR test) that is no more than 72 hours old. I can get a PCR test in time, but not a RT-PCR test. The reason is that these tests are only done on weekdays (Monday to Friday). My flight is on a Sunday. Since the labs can't guarantee that the results are ready the same day, I wil have to take the test Thursday morning, which is 3,5 days before I arrive in Ibiza.

Even if did get one they cost 300 euros.

There is no way lots of people are going to subject themselves to these tests in order to go on holiday. Firstly, the testing capacity will be at breaking point this summer. Secondly, people simply won't accept the hassle, and the 300 euros. They'll instead go on a staycation.

It's 2 months until my holiday in Ibiza. I have been checking the entry requirements.

From what I've read one has to have a negative RT-PCR test (which is not the same as a PCR test) that is no more than 72 hours old. I can get a PCR test in time, but not a RT-PCR test. The reason is that these tests are only done on weekdays (Monday to Friday). My flight is on a Sunday. Since the labs can't guarantee that the results are ready the same day, I wil have to take the test Thursday morning, which is 3,5 days before I arrive in Ibiza.

Even if did get one they cost 300 euros.

There is no way lots of people are going to subject themselves to these tests in order to go on holiday. Firstly, the testing capacity will be at breaking point this summer. Secondly, people simply won't accept the hassle, and the 300 euros. They'll instead go on a staycation.

AFAIK a regular PCR test will do

We've set aside some dates for 2022.. 6th August - 12th August at Ibiza Rocks, hoping some other mates book from earlier as we'll miss the Friday night with those dates.

2021 I have my annual leave booked so it's just a waiting game 👍
Me too... booked hotel and time off work just pray that September and October time looks good

Crazy to think nearly summer already

6 weeks today until we check into Pikes for the holiday we were supposed to have last year before cracking on with the whole 'moving' malarkey.

I really don't want it to be empty...
They must be absolutely sick of the sight of you pair up there! I heard that they were renaming Freddies to Tifflars

6 weeks today until we check into Pikes for the holiday we were supposed to have last year before cracking on with the whole 'moving' malarkey.

I really don't want it to be empty...
How far was it from your home to Pikes when you booked it and far is it now?

Just had the front leg of my flight cancelled for June 11 this morning. I imagine s because there is still no travel agreement between US and EU. I will hold off on making any decision on the trip until about one month out from the departure.
That sucks. Best guess is we'll see reciprocal travel approved early to mid June with vaccine and neg pcr in hand.

AFAIK a regular PCR test will do
This is what I'm being told - by KLM:

"Passengers are required to either hold a certificate of a negative RT-PCR test result or a negative TMA (Transcription Mediated Amplification) test result for Covid-19 tested within 72 hours before arriving in Spain, or they will be subject to a PCR test within 48 hours upon arrival in Spain and fined up to €3,000."

This means I need to take a RT-PCR test. 😟

Also, the official government site, Error de Servidor (caib.es) , which is down at the moment, and is only in Spanish, uses both the terms RT-PCR and PCR. It seems the person writing it couldn't decide which test they are are talking about.

The authorities aren't making this easy for us tourists.

The website is up and running again.

RT-PCR it is:

WHAT DOCUMENTATION SHOULD I PRESENT AT THE PORT OR AIRPORT OF ARRIVAL TO THE BALEARIC ISLANDS?​

You must pass a documentary check by presenting the QR code that you obtained when filling out the digital Health Control Form (FCS). In addition, if applicable, you will need to pass a health check. In this you must provide a diagnostic test of SARS-COV-2 (TMA or RT-PCR) with negative result.

The website is up and running again.

RT-PCR it is:

It all seems such a hasstle !! They are predicting 6 hour queues at Heathrow in London to get back in if travel resumes because there is so much paperwork and information to check. I think about the logistics of it all and can't help feeling it's easier just to stay domestic !

Back