Who are you voting for ???

A vote is a precious thing, people died for us to get one, and still die going to vote in many countries around the world. Don't waste it

Agree - but a spoiled paper isn't a wasted vote.

Having said that though, Cleggers did win me over on a few things last night. Most notably his comments on crime rehabilitation and trident.

I may just vote yellow.

...However, I still think the entire system needs to collapse and rebuild itself.

Having said that though, Cleggers did win me over on a few things last night. Most notably his comments on crime rehabilitation and trident.

I may just vote yellow.

QUOTE]

a lot of people including me probably thinking that this morning, if "everyone" who is thinking that actually did vote that way, suddenly it's not a wasted vote?

Clegg won, Cameron steady second, Brown distant 3rd.

"I agree with Nick" in reform of the voting system, house of lords, fairer taxes - very light on defence, immigration and law and order.

a lot of "we will now be" from Brown - too little to late matey. record number of police? does that include PSCOs?

Cameron "we cant spend what we havent got" - spot on.

Expect the Tories to be largest party around 20seats short of an overall majority, with the Lib Dems running Labour real close to be the 2nd largest party.

Hung Parliament, and another election in the Autumn.

I thought Cameron was really disappointing. I thought he would have given Brown a much harder time and put him on the defensive more. But he seemed hesitant and very much the lightweight. Brown just happily grumbled away in the corner.

Interesting that Clegg is now emerging as the "fresh, new choice" which was Camerons original strategy, but as Cameron hasn't been able to back up this with anythign new and fresh, he's missed his chance and is now lumped into the same bracket as Brown.

I think Cameron can see his future dissappearing down the plughole if he's not careful.

Enjoyed watching it last night, I think the next debates will be interesting as they get bolder (and more desperate).

On a side point, did anyone think the stage and camera set up looked really poor, like one of those old C4 quiz shows?

Clegg won because he seemed the most human one, ie not the smarmy car salesman or the creepy undertaker. He was right on Trident. We don't need it anymore and can't afford it. Cam gaffed badly by mentioning China as a possible nuclear threat! Gord will be happy because he stuck to the script, didn't flash that dracula grin too much, didn't scare the horses (ie mission accomplished) and generally let Clegg steal the limelight from Cam. I would say the tories have the most to be worried about. Cam briefly went into nhs puke-fest mode (yes we all know your baby died) but he is crafty enough to know that emoting with real people probably gets a few of the housewives on board. From a visual perspective (note - a lot of people watching aren't necessarily listening) prob a good night for Cam AND Clegg - both look telegenic, son-in-law material. No real disasters for any of them though. Clegg will have to be quite canny in how he plays the rest of the campaign - keeping cards close to chest won't be easy - suddenly a hung parliament seems like a very interesting prospect indeed

Fifteen to 1?

That's the one.

Co-incidently isn't that the odds of Cameron getting into power? :lol:

This week a friend of mine who lives in Chesire, gave Dave C lift to one of campaign events in his helicopter. Apparently he turned up at his house and had coffee and everything, just like a normal human. Which surprised me.

Clegg won because he seemed the most human one, ie not the smarmy car salesman or the creepy undertaker. He was right on Trident. We don't need it anymore and can't afford it. Cam gaffed badly by mentioning China as a possible nuclear threat! Gord will be happy because he stuck to the script, didn't flash that dracula grin too much, didn't scare the horses (ie mission accomplished) and generally let Clegg steal the limelight from Cam. I would say the tories have the most to be worried about. Cam briefly went into nhs puke-fest mode (yes we all know your baby died) but he is crafty enough to know that emoting with real people probably gets a few of the housewives on board. From a visual perspective (note - a lot of people watching aren't necessarily listening) prob a good night for Cam AND Clegg - both look telegenic, son-in-law material. No real disasters for any of them though. Clegg will have to be quite canny in how he plays the rest of the campaign - keeping cards close to chest won't be easy - suddenly a hung parliament seems like a very interesting prospect indeed

:lol:, spot on

Cam briefly went into nhs puke-fest mode (yes we all know your baby died)

hardly a baby, he was 7 years old?? Fail to see relevance of this comment in your post? If you are implying that he is using the death of his son to curry favour with voters I find that a tad unfortunate and i truly hope that you or anyone reading this never have to experience the same.

a lot of people including me probably thinking that this morning, if "everyone" who is thinking that actually did vote that way, suddenly it's not a wasted vote?

You'd hope.

It definitely helped to get them all on an even platform - politics has never been presented in this way before...which is ridiculous.

My views are always a bit waaaaay out there :)lol:) so I'm wondering if I need to ground myself and work with what we've got rather than go on a tirade about the evils of Capitalism.

However I still don't see a party who is willing to put the planet before profit and think in terms of four generations instead of four years (and the next vote).

I like this:

Think Clegg, taste Spangles

James Wannerton, 51, is president of the UK Synaesthesia Association. He experiences words as tastes and textures, a neurological condition known as lexical-gustatory synaesthesia.

Gordon Brown's name tastes horrible, and his flavour was nasty – like soil mixed with Marmite. That said, he was good on education, when he tasted of peaches, sliced potato and bacon.

Nick Clegg tastes of a pickled onion yet he kept turning soft, mushy and warm. Immigration was good for him. His speech reminded me of sweets I had as a kid – fruit pastilles, Spangles and liquorice.

David Cameron's flavour was best. He gave me a taste of ink, which I find comforting. His name tastes of macaroons, but he said sorry so frequently it covered the macaroons with condensed milk.

Cam briefly went into nhs puke-fest mode (yes we all know your baby died)

hardly a baby, he was 7 years old?? Fail to see relevance of this comment in your post? If you are implying that he is using the death of his son to curry favour with voters I find that a tad unfortunate and i truly hope that you or anyone reading this never have to experience the same.

baby, child, whatever - a personal tragedy should be a personal thing.

but he's blatantly using it for electoral advantage - "you can trust me with the NHS! I used it! I love the NHS, me!"

that's the whole point - and why so many people remain cynical about him

much as I dislike Brown - he generally kept his own tragedy private and as a result looks a lot more dignified (in that area)

liked the bit when cameron mentioned he met a 40 year old man who had been in the navy for 30 years :lol:

thought brown was quite magnificently beligerent at times, just speaking over & generally beating up Cameron.

Lib Dems policy on immigration, localising it seems a bit weird & stalinst almost.

Cameron has no clout, no statesman like qualities.

Hung parliament closer than ever then.

Back