Who are you voting for ???

Chewie's right in his diagnosis of a fair few issues but is let down by not giving a strong positive reason why we should vote FOR the tories as opposed to AGAINST Labour.

That's the problem I have - nobody is giving any reasons for voting for anyone...

or is that what politics is now - voting for who you hate the least? :confused:

I think we could well see the lowest turnout ever

And Cameron and the rest of the crew never sling mud or use spin do they.....

Probably, but not to the stoop to the level that Mandleson, Campbell and Co do.

This will be an election won by who the public trust more to get us out of the mess we're in. Plain and Simple.

Immigration policies are less about population control and more about screwing the poor. They bang on endlessly about asylum seekers yet say nowt about multi millionaires that enter the country in their droves.

:lol:
maybe because millionaire's aren't a drain on the system and support themselves...

only 3 out of the parties would be able to form a government...none of them want to pull out of the over beaurecratic waste of money (£13billion a year) nonsense called europe...so none of the above (richard pryor) for me

Despite Labour's numerous failings, i think since their response to the ecomonic downturn was spot on.

My company received a lot of help from the initiatives , such as the VAT cut and the government backed bank funding.

Moving forward, i'm not looking forward to the NI raise (my company payroll is £150k a week), but as Osbourne and Cameron used to say themselves, the deficit won't take care of itself and i can see that the NI rise is measured way to do it.

Those businessmen who are opposing the NI rise are wanting everything their way.

They have all said that a rise in VAT is the better alternative to the NI rise.

However, as businesses will offset this rise in VAT by increasing the VAT they charge, they will remain largely unaffected.

Not so for everyone else who will have to stomach the rises, but of course this is not discussed.

Which is symptomatic of the constant one -dimensional soundbites from all parties which are really pissing me off about this election. There is too much innuendo and word play. (from all parties).

Hopefully tonight may pin a few truths down on all sides.

But i'm not holding my breath.

In summary, i'm voting Labour.

But if the Tories get in, I ****ing hope Chewie is right and there's more to Cameron than the unconvincing, lightweight, slippery posh boy i see everytime his made up mug hits the screen.

STILL not one person has been able to articulate a single POSITIVE reason why we should vote FOR any of the parties.

Surely it can't be that hard? I think the fact nobody can, speaks volumes...

it's no good saying Labour got us out of the mess when Gord freely admitted yesterday he got us into it ! The iron chancellor, no more boom or bust, Captain Prudent, had ample opportunity to reign in the city FOR TEN YEARS and did nothing. That isn't just reckless, that is stone cold negligence.

and now he asks for the public's endorsement. It's like asking someone to give a mars bar to a kid who vandalised a bus shelter and then made a start on repairing it

STILL not one person has been able to articulate a single POSITIVE reason why we should vote FOR any of the parties.

Surely it can't be that hard? I think the fact nobody can, speaks volumes...

it's no good saying Labour got us out of the mess when Gord freely admitted yesterday he got us into it ! The iron chancellor, no more boom or bust, Captain Prudent, had ample opportunity to reign in the city FOR TEN YEARS and did nothing. That isn't just reckless, that is stone cold negligence.

and now he asks for the public's endorsement. It's like asking someone to give a mars bar to a kid who vandalised a bus shelter and then made a start on repairing it

The financial mess would have happened whoever was in. Otherwise someone, somewhere in some goverment in some country would have raised the flag.

But who did? apart from a few maverick economists once the damage was done, no one picked it up.

Why was banking regulation not an major opposition policy at the last election?

Because no-one would have done anything different.

There was too much government revenue produced by the banking system. what do you think paid for all these new hospitals and schools?

Brown got plenty of faults which are real, but making him a scapegoat for the financial crisis / recession is not credible.

The financial mess would have happened whoever was in. Otherwise someone, somewhere in some goverment in some country would have raised the flag.

But who did? apart from a few maverick economists once the damage was done, no one picked it up.

Why was banking regulation not an major opposition policy at the last election?

Because no-one would have done anything different.

There was too much government revenue produced by the banking system. what do you think paid for all these new hospitals and schools?

Brown got plenty of faults which are real, but making him a scapegoat for the financial crisis / recession is not credible.

actually Germany was barely affected - because they have a real economy built on solid manufacturing not consumer credit cards.

Brown/Lab squandered a lot of money during the boom years not least boosting the ranks of the public sector and, in particular, NHS bureaucracy - which is why the civil service faces such painful cuts now.

To repeat his boastful mantra NO RETURN TO BOOM/BUST (strange how that never gets mentioned now)

Back