When you have a moment in a club

no doubt, somebody is having a quiet chuckle at their desk, but it is well creepy

my brain is working overtime to try and identify every poster I ever alienated on here

[pause]

my brain is now in meltdown

Look at the bottom of the thread there are tags you add them so people searching for likewise subjects can find the thread . So now everyone searching for bumfun will also find out how much of a nob Luciano is :lol:

If I was searching for bumfun then I would probably wait till i arrive on the Island:eek:

no doubt, somebody is having a quiet chuckle at their desk, but it is well creepy

my brain is working overtime to try and identify every poster I ever alienated on here

[pause]

my brain is now in meltdown

Funny you should say that I feel the same. Must have been the bum fun

If Grego, Morbyd or any other moderator, could find out. Who tagged this thread.
Thank you.

is there none to be found anywhere near the M6 Northbound?

I'm sure that a short distance from any of the main junctions, there are locations that one may wish to visit.

Those leading a double life who use "in private browsing" will know where they are:lol:.

I've been quietly eliminating potential suspects. I think the moderators can probably be ruled out, they have no interest in bringing the board into disrepute and I think it's unlikely either myself or hauskitten would engage in double-bluff trollery. I also think that it's improbable that any of the senior spotlight establishment the likes of morbyd or dj jay cool would act like someone 40 years younger than themselves, which brings us on to some of the people who got riled on this thread, the most likely suspects being those who got most offended by what either myself or HK wrote - at the moment am thinking that eveything points to none other than...

poirot_USTINOV_2.jpg

you UNCLE SEVO :!:

I've been quietly eliminating potential suspects. I think the moderators can probably be ruled out, they have no interest in bringing the board into disrepute and I think it's unlikely either myself or hauskitten would engage in double-bluff trollery. I also think that it's improbable that any of the senior spotlight establishment the likes of morbyd or dj jay cool would act like someone 40 years younger than themselves, which brings us on to some of the people who got riled on this thread, the most likely suspects being those who got most offended by what either myself or HK wrote - at the moment am thinking that eveything points to none other than...

poirot_USTINOV_2.jpg

I think it is a good guess, but we will let the defense present their case.:lol:

I would admit if I did it. like the minimarc edit. If i do things it is for a laugh not out of meanest or spite.

poirot_USTINOV_2.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: f***ing hilarious

I've been quietly eliminating potential suspects. I think the moderators can probably be ruled out, they have no interest in bringing the board into disrepute

thank you olly, i'm sure it was none of the mods. yes we love our forums and care about our reputation. also, when i deleted the tags i didn't see who had put them.

'ridiculous comments', it should be stressed, made almost exclusively by luciano's sycophants, who revealingly are totally unable to explain why he's even a half-decent DJ.

OK then,

first off, let me say that i have never met luciano personally nor do I have a poster hanging of him in my bedroom, but yes, I do appreciate him as a DJ. I have followed him over the past few years and some things in this thread appear just so completely wrong to me and therefore I feel the need to explain my own and personal opinion.

So why is Luci a good DJ?

Music / DJ Skills / Productions
Well, basically I just like the stuff he plays. Yes it's true, he doesn't play the same underground stuff nowadays as he did a few years ago and yes, I was really sceptical when he started his residency at pacha last year. But hearing him now at timewarp has proven me he still rocks the house and plays great house music, be it underground or a bit less underground. Everyone loved it, me included. Then someone wrote in this thread that his beatmachting is apparently sh!t. I'm sorry, but that's just utter crap. I can't remember how many of his sets I enjoyed live or recorded, but I have never ever heard any trainwreck produced by him. IMO his technical skills are impeccable. Then I also think he's innovative in his way, back in the DC10-days he was the one who began playing all these latin vocals over existing tracks and within little time, many others followed. Also, when everyone suddenly played “The Age of Love” again, it was Luciano who I personally heard it playing it first (I'm not saying it was him who started doing it, but it was the first one I heard playing it again before EVERYONE else started airing it). His track selection is always really fine IMO. I do not bother when he plays “Free” at the end of a night. Nor did I when he and RV played Bolero at Cocoon closing 2007. when he still had his residency at circoloco, he was mostly the one to close the terrace, simply because he played great music and had the crowd eating out of his palms with the stuff he played, fact. Last but not least, I also like his productions. Artamis is an already dated beauty which gets still aired every now and then by various DJs. His remix of argy's love dose was huge back in 2004. same goes for father, which he produced with Thomas Melchior. And I also like his latest album.

Behaviour in the DJ booth
Seeing Luciano having fun in the booth is no news. He's always been like that. I personally don't care at all what exactly DJs are doing behind the decks as long as they play well. And in a way I really don't understand the fuss about it. Do you hear any of it (whatever they are doing) while you dance? No, not at all. So does it matter if the DJ stands still like a rock/appears bored or tired/is having a party? No! it does not affect the sound you get at all. I agree that, if you look at the DJ all the time, it may affect your mood. But IMO if you look at the DJ all the time then your party company is just not interesting. I personally often dance with closed eyes or then am interacting with the group I am with. And every now and then, I have a look at the booth to see what happens. But it just doesn't affect me personally. I am also astounded that luciano gets such a bad feedback just for that while other DJs apparently can do everything in the booth and no one cares…I mean, come on, in fact A LOT of the Spanish/south American DJs hug each other and everyone else in the booth while playing – have a look at the booth at dc10 next time you're there. Also, many other dj's always get funny…sven väth sometimes is really hilarious, even the so-focussed Richie hawtin on rare occasions – does anyone remember when Richie and sven were kissing behind the decks at Miami WMC a few years ago? Or marco carola, who got his shirt ripped apart at amnesia closing 2009? Villalobos is no better. And again, I just don't care what they do as long as they keep up the good work. Yes, it's true that obviously luciano and carl craig are completely different when it gets to “how to behave behind decks”. CC the focussed, introverted DJ, luciano unleashed. And I agree that it looks weird if you compare them, but I'm convinced CC would have left the boat long ago if he'd really have a problem with that...

does that count as a valid reason to like luciano then?
i know that only what olly approves is officially cool ;)

I love Luciano's remix of Argy actually :D

Follow him as you will doesn't change my mind I could not pay to dance to Ultra Nate or Fine Young Cannibals no matter what kind of fat bass is plonked over the top and any DJ that is in danger of playing something like that is off my list. As for the Tom Foolery behind the decks again if you read the posts properly it is not that which bugs it's the look at me do you know who I am F the music bull that goes with it for some and the hoards of beautiful women pouting and posing behind the decks just looks a bit sad.

Back