When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

• May

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • June

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • July

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • August

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • September

Votes: 49 18.3%
  • October

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • It won’t, 2021 at the earliest

Votes: 119 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read that 5000 Germans are comming to Mallorca, Ibiza and (?) as a test. They will be tested and have to wait 6 hours at the hotelroom, is that true?
No problem för Craig as he's always staying
On the balcon :spank:

have you seen what happened in berlin this weekend? a demonstration getting out of control, developing into a huge open air party without social distancing. I'm sure they were meaning well but there is just no containing people who have been locked up and who start drinking and getting 'in the mood'. I'm afraid something like this could happen in Ibiza easily soon. casual pool party at o beach or ibiza rocks, originaly well behaved but then getting out of hand and all rules go out the window. imagine the (british) press about that :/

"There are countries like the United Kingdom that have taken too long to adopt containment measures and that also puts us in a different situation with respect to them," said the minister.

A full 9 days behind Spain, I think he's stretching that one a bit.

Interesting philosophy from this minister. Does he have something against the UK, seams a tad discriminatory.
Agreed and by July-September or whatever what difference does it make. Odd comment, maybe they don’t need tourism after all
Without containment, a delay of 9 days means 8x as many infected people (the doubling time without containment measures was 3 days). The math behind the virus spread is brutal.

And with containment measures in place, the number of infected people will drop only by a modest amount each day, and not by half every 3 days. So every extra day of delay introducing containment measures likely means at least an extra week of lockdown.
I don't doubt that is true.

However, Spain is still well ahead of the UK, and the UK has a higher population by 20 million.

Uk - 103k cases

Spain - 183k cases

Maybe they should ban themselves (mainlanders) from Ibiza :)?
Reino Unido sumó 445 muertes durante el pasado fin de semana. ¿Es pronto para animar a los británicos a viajar a destinos como Ibiza?

https://www.noudiari.es/2020/06/la-...-de-ryanair-spain-is-open-que-incluye-a-ibiza

U forget FMIF at pacha at 80-100€ entry ticket, at the peak aera of this brand
This time of overpacked clubs is over ?

I heard from my july whatsapp group that some hotels are closed around end july early aug eg 1 playasol hotel in san an, they have to find him a room in another playasol hotel as he still wants to go to ibz

July ! Hurry up! ⏰

Reino Unido sumó 445 muertes durante el pasado fin de semana. ¿Es pronto para animar a los británicos a viajar a destinos como Ibiza?

https://www.noudiari.es/2020/06/la-...-de-ryanair-spain-is-open-que-incluye-a-ibiza

Apologies in advance McRackin, this isn’t translating too well for me.

Your English is a million times better than my Spanish, what is actually being said here? Or why have I been quoted?

Thanks.

Side note: I don’t speak England too well either ? ?

It's an example of the articles appearing in the press after Ryanair started their "Spain is open" campaign, where they're questioning if it isn't a bit early to encourage Brits to travel to Spain.

It's an example of the articles appearing in the press after Ryanair started their "Spain is open" campaign, where they're questioning if it isn't a bit early to encourage Brits to travel to Spain.

Oh right, I see. Thanks.

Yes it’s a bit premature isn’t it, and we still have a 14 day quarantine in the UK which has pushed a lot of people into cancelling their holidays. Also people are holding back on booking anything at the moment, until this quarantine is lifted.

I did see the bit stating 445 deaths this weekend.

Stretching the truth a little, that figure is actually an accumulated update dating back from March. The press love pushing stats without context.

Flights changed from June to July ✅
Bed & Breakfast changed from June to July and added 2 more nights ✅
Governments allows Netherlands-Spain travel without quarantine rules on both sides ✅
Car rental changed without additional costs ✅

Ibiza...here we come. July 17th - July 24th.

I haven't seen Mambo really giving a hint that they will be opening at the moment. Are there any thoughts on whether they will open as soon as tourists are allowed in or wait it out for a while?

I haven't seen Mambo really giving a hint that they will be opening at the moment. Are there any thoughts on whether they will open as soon as tourists are allowed in or wait it out for a while?
All their other venues are now open by the looks of it, they’re maybe just holding off for a bit longer. One of their resident DJs who I follow on Instagram has hinted he’ll be back there this year

All their other venues are now open by the looks of it, they’re maybe just holding off for a bit longer. One of their resident DJs who I follow on Instagram has hinted he’ll be back there this year

yeah I'd be surprised if café mambo didn't open at some point, but can't see it happening before start of july. prove me wrong, but friday 3rd july could look like a possible date they're back? maybe the friday before that? we'll see...

ps @noopets , 'all their other venues are now open' is a tiny bit of an exagerration (or you aren't aware of how many businesses are part of mambo group).

currently open:
- hostal la torre (the restaurant bit only though I believe, not the hotel just yet? - might be wrong)
- chiringuito cala gracioneta
- mint lounge

currently still closed from what I know:
- fresh lounge
- savannah café (yes, that is mambo owned as well)
- café mambo
- villa mercedes restaurant
- la cava restaurant
- casa maca agroturismo as well as las mimosas and sa clau
- bondi restaurante
- kilties, donnegans and bucanero bar
- palapa restaurant / bar

yeah I'd be surprised if café mambo didn't open at some point, but can't see it happening before start of july. prove me wrong, but friday 3rd july could look like a possible date they're back? maybe the friday before that? we'll see...

ps @noopets , 'all their other venues are now open' is a tiny bit of an exagerration (or you aren't aware of how many businesses are part of mambo group).

currently open:
- hostal la torre (the restaurant bit only though I believe, not the hotel just yet? - might be wrong)
- chiringuito cala gracioneta
- mint lounge

currently still closed from what I know:
- fresh lounge
- savannah café (yes, that is mambo owned as well)
- café mambo
- villa mercedes restaurant
- la cava restaurant
- casa maca agroturismo as well as las mimosas and sa clau
- bondi restaurante
- kilties, donnegans and bucanero bar

whoa that’s a lot of Ibiza real estate. Do they own the properties outright or lease them?

whoa that’s a lot of Ibiza real estate. Do they own the properties outright or lease them?

well they've got a small imperium here on the island. am not sure about ownership, I think in a lot of cases they do own the place

So Is both Ocean Beach and Ibiza rocks Table bookings only I saw something mentioned earlier but i'm going in September and it's letting us buy normal tickets? Guessing that its only July/Aug they are insisting on Tables. There's only two of us so we can't get a bed unless I want to take out a Loan haha plus most are sold out already :(

So Is both Ocean Beach and Ibiza rocks Table bookings only I saw something mentioned earlier but i'm going in September and it's letting us buy normal tickets? Guessing that its only July/Aug they are insisting on Tables. There's only two of us so we can't get a bed unless I want to take out a Loan haha plus most are sold out already :(

in your case I'd simply wait and see naomi. it really is impossible to know what the situation will be like in september.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back