When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

• May

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • June

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • July

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • August

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • September

Votes: 49 18.3%
  • October

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • It won’t, 2021 at the earliest

Votes: 119 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
they requested (with the central government who decides) that clubs shouldn't be opening yet in that phase

:!: :!:

:!: :!:

actually valid for the entire country not just the balearics!

Boutique Hostal Salinas are happy to announce we will opening business as usual from JULY 1st
Our hotel’s location and physical layout is perfectly suited for the safe, carefree downtime which everybody deserves.
Located in the only nature reserve of the island.
No neighbours.
Just a stone's throw from the beach.
10 mins. from the airport (private shuttle provided).
1000 m2 of grounds with 300 m2 of restaurant and terrace for 11 rooms.
We will easily be able to adhere to all regulations demanded.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Island XX

I've gone 20+yrs without going to the clubs.. yes people will be out of jobs and summer jobs that aren't exactly jobs for life more living night to night until the next Hottest party rolls into town.... More to ibiza than clubs and not much money made in the clubs goes back into the island that's for sure ... But back to the When do you think the party will start ? If we make it over Dec 11-14. Partys starts as soon as we leave airport..?

yes people will be out of jobs and summer jobs that aren't exactly jobs for life more living night to night until the next Hottest party rolls into town.... More to ibiza than clubs and not much money made in the clubs goes back into the island that's for sure ...

that's certainly one of the poorest posts I've ever read from you craig

that's certainly one of the poorest posts I've ever read from you craig
Sorry but that's what I think... There will be no clubbing until the PLANDEMIC gets sorted out as quickly as it arrived.. people are losing jobs everywhere. It will stop and next thing we Will be told hey don't stay inside, it's ok to go out now. I'm sure the signs are all ready printed..

Last edited:
Sorry but that's what I think... There will be no clubbing until the PLANDEMIC gets sorted out as quickly as it arrived.. people are losing jobs everywhere. It will stop and next thing we Will be told hey don't stay inside, it's ok to go out now.

I agree on that.

my grief is with this.

summer jobs that aren't exactly jobs for life more living night to night until the next Hottest party rolls into town.... More to ibiza than clubs and not much money made in the clubs goes back into the island that's for sure

before I start - you as well as pretty much every other forum regular knows that I also think 'there is more to ibiza than clubs', just so we're clear.

but, no matter if you haven't been hitting the clubs for two decades now, you know ibiza and the clubbing industry well and I'm surprised to read this kind of condescending post. maybe it's just me and I'm sensitive because this is really hitting home, but let me explain...

of course people are losing their jobs worldwide and in lots of different industries. so seen like that we aren't an exception. the thing I wanna put out here is that I truly think some people aren't taking the clubbing industry for what it is. I'm not trying to glorify it, but these are facts:

- each club here provides legal work for hundreds of people every summer. and it truly doesn't matter so much if those people are ibicencos, spaniards from the mainland, expats, whatever. the fact is ibiza without all the foreign people living here would be a dead boring place. the mix is what makes ibiza so great. and lots of people working for the clubs (no matter what passport they have) do live here all year round. also, I know lots of people who have been working for clubs in various positions for 20+ years too (which is errr half their professional life isn't it?).

- no matter what stories you read, the clubs do pay taxes. and the one thing people keep forgetting about is that the clubs are a magnet that draw people to ibiza. I've said it plenty times before, ibiza would be an entirely different island without the clubs and it would lose its one big USP, it would be simply another island in the mediterranean...and when you then start to compare, there are islands that aren't as expensive and have just the same beautiful beaches. plus, without the clubs, the crowd would change immediately too so gone would be the unique ibiza people. so when you say 'not much money made in the clubs goes back into the island' I truly believe people forget about that fact. like it or not, up to a certain extent, today's ibiza is what it is because of the clubs.

One 'maybe' possibility is that the 20 min "do you have it test" proves to be reliable and could be used to "green light" a clubbing event. (It doesn't need a lab either)

Logistically keeping people corralled in small groups prior to entry might be a challenge. (If someone in that group is positive you only have to reject that small group).

Would also possibly work for pre-boarding a flight etc.

Note, for 0 - 5 days from infection, you can test negative for virus, which could cause problems.

I agree on that.

my grief is with this.

before I start - you as well as pretty much every other forum regular knows that I also think 'there is more to ibiza than clubs', just so we're clear.

but, no matter if you haven't been hitting the clubs for two decades now, you know ibiza and the clubbing industry well and I'm surprised to read this kind of condescending post. maybe it's just me and I'm sensitive because this is really hitting home, but let me explain...

of course people are losing their jobs worldwide and in lots of different industries. so seen like that we aren't an exception. the thing I wanna put out here is that I truly think some people aren't taking the clubbing industry for what it is. I'm not trying to glorify it, but these are facts:

- each club here provides legal work for hundreds of people every summer. and it truly doesn't matter so much if those people are ibicencos, spaniards from the mainland, expats, whatever. the fact is ibiza without all the foreign people living here would be a dead boring place. the mix is what it makes ibiza so great. and lots of people working for the clubs (no matter what passport they have) do live here all year round. also, I know lots of people who have been working for clubs in various positions for 20+ years too (which is errr half their professional life isn't it?).

- no matter what stories you read, the clubs do pay taxes. and the one thing people keep forgetting is that the clubs are a magnet that draw people to ibiza. I've said it plenty times before, ibiza would be an entirely different island without the clubs and it would lose its one big USP, it would be simply another island in the mediterranean...and when you then start to compare, there are islands that aren't as expensive and have just the same beautiful beaches. plus, without the clubs, the crowd would change immediately too so gone would be the unique ibiza people. so when you say 'not much money made in the clubs goes back into the island' I truly believe people forget about that fact. like it or not, up to a certain extent, today's ibiza is what it is because of the clubs.
I know it effects Ibiza massively and you and everyone at ibizaspotlight who do so much for everyone here will be hit harder than most can imagine. But realistically clubs can't open with Restrictions . The buzz of getting in passed the door then being told where to sit stand and dance just won't work.

I know it effects Ibiza massively and you and everyone at ibizaspotlight who do so much for everyone here will be hit harder than most can imagine. But realistically clubs can't open with Restrictions . The buzz of getting in passed the door then being told where to sit stand and dance just won't work.

when I said 'it's hitting home' I didn't mean spotlight alone, but actually a massive chunk of my friends here who will be directly or indirectly affected if the clubs don't open.

don't get me wrong - I'm not saying 'the clubs should open no matter what' by any means. I'm perfectly aware of the potential risk that harbours. my comment was really only about your statement re summer jobs and clubs not giving back to the island which I just think is plain wrong and actually hasn't got anything do do with the current coronavirus situation anyway.

I am often critical of the club industry in Ibiza, but to reduce the industry to a few summer jobs for clubbers is intellectually dishonest.
This industry gives work to gogo dancers and bouncers, of course, but also to cooks, transporters, beverage wholesalers, housekeepers, webmasters, artists, sound engineers, taxis, baby- sitters, etc ...
The number of jobs, direct or indirect, that depend on this industry is simply enormous for the island.

I am often critical of the club industry in Ibiza, but to reduce the industry to a few summer jobs for clubbers is intellectually dishonest.
This industry gives work to gogo dancers and bouncers, of course, but also to cooks, transporters, beverage wholesalers, housekeepers, webmasters, artists, sound engineers, taxis, baby- sitters, etc ...
The number of jobs, direct or indirect, that depend on this industry is simply enormous for the island.

75% get their income directly or indirectly from tourism, though that doesn't specify clubbing, the island's unique demographics would suggest the number must be high part of it.

This interview from Graham Sahara worths a read, the Local ibz dj, i confused with a random tourist ?, when we met along Zoo project ibz 19 , giving me a sip from his beer (as many random people in clubs, ?‍☠️'s swag side effect ?, With Covid 19 virus , no way to share drinks anymore ⛔ )

I can feel the pain for Djs not having income as i got some contacts/frenchs djs working in ibz scene, trying to live on the island since 2-3+ years,
and many parisian Djs/party organiser contacts on dole since march.

IBIZA LOCKDOWN DIARIES #20

I agree on that.

my grief is with this.

- each club here provides legal work for hundreds of people every summer. and it truly doesn't matter so much if those people are ibicencos, spaniards from the mainland, expats, whatever. the fact is ibiza without all the foreign people living here would be a dead boring place. the mix is what makes ibiza so great. and lots of people working for the clubs (no matter what passport they have) do live here all year round. also, I know lots of people who have been working for clubs in various positions for 20+ years too (which is errr half their professional life isn't it?).

- no matter what stories you read, the clubs do pay taxes. and the one thing people keep forgetting about is that the clubs are a magnet that draw people to ibiza. I've said it plenty times before, ibiza would be an entirely different island without the clubs and it would lose its one big USP, it would be simply another island in the mediterranean...and when you then start to compare, there are islands that aren't as expensive and have just the same beautiful beaches. plus, without the clubs, the crowd would change immediately too so gone would be the unique ibiza people. so when you say 'not much money made in the clubs goes back into the island' I truly believe people forget about that fact. like it or not, up to a certain extent, today's ibiza is what it is because of the clubs.
Bien hecho Stivi! It is becoming very tiresome to read the same comments regarding this issue in publications like Diario/Periodico/Noudiari left by some locals and I wish they would read your words.
Yes, it's true, some regulations are needed to be put in place in many areas and maybe it is true the island needs some kind of "clean up" but please never bite the hands that feeds you!
I'm absolutely in with the crowd that share the sentiment that there is more to Ibiza than the clubs but we can't deny that, what the clubbing culture brings to the island, is what makes it so special and unique compared to other locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back