When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

• May

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • June

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • July

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • August

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • September

Votes: 49 18.3%
  • October

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • It won’t, 2021 at the earliest

Votes: 119 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read anywhere (have to search ) : Border openings in europe in september , maybe.
Dont know if its for holidays. Maybe business only , slow start ?
Hope for a miracle and a date at begin september , so we have a late , short season

Michael,
July 5th
It’s not going to happen is it.

if you were living on the mainland I'd say that MAYBE there's a chance still. various voices in the tourism industry still count on opening hotels in july as a best case scenario. but...flying in from the UK, at the start of july, that sadly does look very unlikely to me right now. I wish I'd be proven wrong on this though!

I read anywhere (have to search ) : Border openings in europe in september , maybe.
Dont know if its for holidays. Maybe business only , slow start ?
Hope for a miracle and a date at begin september , so we have a late , short season

well that's a scenario. right now no one knows really.

if you were living on the mainland I'd say that MAYBE there's a chance still. various voices in the tourism industry still count on opening hotels in july as a best case scenario. but...flying in from the UK, at the start of july, that sadly does look very unlikely to me right now. I wish I'd be proven wrong on this though!

well that's a scenario. right now no one knows really.
Okay mate, thanks. Decision to make over the next few days

Yeh I think for sure if there is a season will be only residents/people already living there and people flying in from mainland spain

I don't personally think the clubs can possibly open

For me... I will rebook to 2021 July and Oct and pretend I am 40 next year instead of 41 ha

A dream would be dc10 can open for NYE, now that would be a party and I would definitely go!

The only positive i can see here is our government (as useless as they've been with this) and their advisors seem to think large gatherings aren't as big an issue as you think because if 1 person does have it they can't pass it on that far as it takes time to incubate. So if that is the opinion across the board on this then clubs opening isn't something that should be a massive issue if they are letting people in to the country, which is the bigger problem.

The main problem i have is how can they open airports etc. when some countries by mid summer probably won't even have hit their peak etc. Do they ban certain countries but not others? One theory was to test temperatures but it has been proven that if you're asymptomatic you won't have a temperature usually. If the tests to say whether you've had it are rolled out properly then that could give a big indication as to how many people have had it and how much they need to restrict but i don't think they will have that sorted at all. You can't go letting people in that can prove they've had it as surely as it would probably cause a spike in people trying to get it before they go on holiday ? .

All in all i'm completely not sure but i voted August because i'm going end of July/Start of August and again at the end so mainly in hope ?.
It would be interesting to see how it would go if it was opened in mid July for example. Would a lot of workers go out to do the season knowing that a second wave is expected(November seems to be the estimate on this but it could spike before if they've underestimated it) and they could be stuck there? Will people be too scared to go on holiday, so it's emptier or even more desperate to so causing it to be busy still? If flights are on will they be cheaper to tempt people to go out or more expensive because they are running on a reduced service as they don't want unnecessary costs? So many variables that could make or break your trip.

Last edited:
lot of optimist people, ive just told to an uk mate that if Ibz is back to normal around july aug , i'll give him 4 Hï club tix
i m used not to bet when im not sure to win ? but i will be happy to give him those 4 Hî tickets :cool: (as among valuable/trustful mates, met first time last year, the ones that follows me blindly along all my parties ? except when i was cooked (Elrow Defected summer, afterlife closing) or he was cooked (Destino closing))

Last edited:
lot of optimist people, ive just told to an uk mate that if Ibz is back to normal around july aug , i'll give him 4 Hï club tix
i m used not to bet when im not sure to win ? but i will be happy to give him those 4 Hî tickets :cool: (as among valuable/trustful mates, met first time last year, the ones that follows me blindly along all my parties ? except when i was cooked (Elrow Defected summer, afterlife closing) or he was cooked (Destino closing))
Lol... Classic pirate...?

It really is a case of the vicious circle, tourists won't go if places won't open, and places won't open if there are no tourists. Example, I go usually before easter and in October, and at those times bars etc aren't fully open or by mid-October are closing down, which is OK for me but I understand the frustration of tourists.

Note that October is outside the thunderstorm season, has often very settled warm weather and the Med is still warm enough for a comfortable swim.

But let's say the clubbing season was extended until the first weekend of November, and all the hotels, bars and restaurants stayed open; and re-opened in early/mid March? Interested in an early/late break if the price was right??

In November and early spring - under normal conditions, as Ibiza is "closed" I'm off to the Costa del Sol, or the Algarve or Gibraltar...but I'd rather spend my money in Ibiza Nov/Mar/Apr and go to the more southerly resorts in December/Jan/Feb.

moved this post @2H76 since it's a very similar thing we've already been talking about here.

I'll repeat, what I really could see is a very early start next year. not in march, but easter 2021 is early (4th april), maybe try to have the island properly open by then already rather than in may only. march seems very early to me.

as for this year...will heavily depend on the pandemic's evolution.

Festivals in France are forbidden until mid July so u can confirm 100% without being a fortune teller that it wont happen b4 july...
some big festival such solydays(june 19-21th) , eurockeennes (july 2-4 ) Lollapalooza july 18 19th already cancelled while in ibz communication breakdown vmv from amnesia Ushuaia/Hi openin (may 9th ),Dc10 opening may 18th Defected festival mid may
I guess they are thinking for a date (which date if clubs not allowed to open ?) for a postponing as refund policy is not same between cancellation , (lost ofmoney) and rescheduling..

Last edited:
Festivals in France are forbidden until July so u can confirm 100% without being a fortune teller that it wont happen b4 july...
some big festival such solydays already cancelled while in ibz communication breakdown vmv from amnesia Ushuaia/Hi openin (may 9th ),Dc10 opening may 18th Defected festival mid may
I guess they are thinking for a date (which date if clubs not allowed to open ?) for a postponing as refund policy is not same between cancellation , (lost ofmoney) and rescheduling..

I think they are simply waiting for the government to say the events can't be held so it's a case of force majeure...

Found this on defected website

Defected Ibiza Festival, Thu 14th- Mon 18th May – this has officially been postponed. We are rescheduling to Thu 24th- Mon 28th Sept. Tickets for the original dates will remain valid. We will be in touch asap with all ticketholders giving more information.

saw one comment with those dates on the event FB by a bloke april 3rd but didnt know it was officialy announced , great move from Defected
Now along my dates for closing :cool:, still can pray ? hardly as i wont see it happenning (happily hoping to be wrong ? )
It always sounds like you want to be right. Although it’s good to be realistict, a bit of optimism won’t go amiss in the current situation,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back