When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

• May

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • June

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • July

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • August

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • September

Votes: 49 18.3%
  • October

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • It won’t, 2021 at the earliest

Votes: 119 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pyramid is always a good shout if your not a tech house guy, with the likes of Helena Hauff, Four Tet, Floating points, Sonja Moonear, Dettmann and so on regularly making the bill its definitely a good option for people wanting to hit Amnesia but with some less generic sounds
What style of music is Pyramid?

What style of music is Pyramid?
pretty versatile line ups mate, anything ranging from house, new beat, electro, techno, tech.. seen some primarily disco artists make the roster too pretty wide range of names changed over the weeks

I think its been a great addition to Amnesia

Last edited:
I meant on the basis that things clear up. Is there a strict window when music establishments can open in the year?
It's hard to know how it will work, I wouldn't have much hopes for a winter season.
They could maybe do a 1-2week event, like ADE?

I meant on the basis that things clear up. Is there a strict window when music establishments can open in the year?
Flights.. unless you go via Barcelona not to many direct flights from other countries after October

Flights.. unless you go via Barcelona not to many direct flights from other countries after October

Good point, even if Ibiza's entertainment industry could agree on unique winter openings. Out of season travel is a pain.

Good point, even if Ibiza's entertainment industry could agree on unique winter openings. Out of season travel is a pain.
But its worth it.. I counted 10 Ryan air flights to Barcelona one Monday in February

José Luis Benítez (Asociación Ocio de Ibiza) was interviewed on the local television TEF just now. A few bits I remember...

- they'll have a meeting with a representative of the spanish government tomorrow and they'll ask for an extension of the ERTEs for their workers until december. Otherwise the ERTE's will become EREs and people will lose their jobs, he assured.

- he commented Pepe Roselló's latest article, said that he's wrong and defended daytime clubs.

- he predicted if they can't open this summer there will lots of villa parties, which is something Stivi has been mentioning here for a while.

- the members of the association plan to start 2021's season in april.

according music on facebook 2th July 2020 @ Pacha ibiza and closing 9 October 2020, every thursday

Update....: I saw someone sharing the event in a Ibiza facebook group, could this information be considered reliable? the event it's created on the official music on facebook... but there is no announcement or anything

Update 2: the website of Pacha allow to buy tickets from 2nd July : https://pacha.com/es/events
If you try to buy one, you will see a counter of tickets left to sell, the initial number is 800 (checked 3rd and 4th July parties), so someone already bought 6 at the music on party because indicates 794.
Could this type of sale make sense with the capacity restrictions that clubs face?
in case of pacha with around 3500 capacity, 800 online tickets and another 800 at the door?

Last edited:
For ibz clubbing scene some outdoor aeras may open with one shot events? with a minimum capacity(200 people max), not to save economy but more to exist on social media

B4 Guns n roses Alan Niven , famous gnr producer produced this band b4 vmv

8th June nightclubs 1/3 capacity
22th June 50% capacity
4th July ???

José Luis Benítez (Asociación Ocio de Ibiza) was interviewed on the local television TEF just now. A few bits I remember...

- they'll have a meeting with a representative of the spanish government tomorrow and they'll ask for an extension of the ERTEs for their workers until december. Otherwise the ERTE's will become EREs and people will lose their jobs, he assured.

- he commented Pepe Roselló's latest article, said that he's wrong and defended daytime clubs.

- he predicted if they can't open this summer there will lots of villa parties, which is something Stivi has been mentioning here for a while.

- the members of the association plan to start 2021's season in april.
Here's a resume...

100051345_3274786852553921_3901532911408513024_n.jpg

it's an interesting topic - winter flights.

quite a few years ago, the balearic government heavily subsidized ryanair landing fees to encourage them to fly here in winter. they had 3 direct flights from UK per week all winter. at super cheap prices. the flights i took were nearly always full. however most of them were residents taking winter breaks away from ibiza as opposed to tourists coming to ibiza.

currently BA fly 3 times per week direct from london city - not as cheap as ryanair of course, but if you book in advance it can be surprisingly cheap.

the problem is that there is simply nothing open here in the main tourist resorts. even when the sun is shining as it does a lot in winter, as a holiday maker, if you walk down playa d'en bossa main strip or san an sunset strip and everything is shut, it just doesn't feel the same.

imo the govt would have to heavily subsidize employment costs and reduce VAT for the winter months in order to encourage some businesses to stay open. but especially after a lost season like this one, would any businesses even be able to afford that? personally i think it's doubtful, but i'd love to be proven wrong.

Transavia goes to Ibiza 4 times a week from Schiphol (Amsterdam) every winter these days. As we are one of the biggest hubs in Europe I guess people can fly in easy!

how many dedicated ravers would go to ibz if they knew they couldn't swim or sunbathe though? you might as well go to Berlin instead (and get vastly superior music and cheaper drinks). if you're a kimajy and into adventure holidays that's a different story altogether, but I suspect a winter clubbing market would struggle.

how many dedicated ravers would go to ibz if they knew they couldn't swim or sunbathe though? you might as well go to Berlin instead (and get vastly superior music and cheaper drinks). if you're a kimajy and into adventure holidays that's a different story altogether, but I suspect a winter clubbing market would struggle.

of course if we are talking january/february beach visits are something out of the ordinary.

but it's a fact that it wouldn't be an issue to keep the beaches (and its infrastructure) open into november. I often write here that we go to the beach on an almost daily level in the few weeks after halloween. it's of course all connected though. for this to work, it would need a) direct flights to operate past end of october b) hotels and restaurants to stay open at competitive rates and c) some nightlife on offer as in bars and if possible (covid situation) clubs. if those three factors would be given, I could easily see an actual extension of the summer season. then as we get to december, it would turn into a more 'active holidays' crowd (hikes, mountainbike, yoga, fitness and such), combined with meals out around the open fire of the restaurants (dinners). and keep in mind still until xmas we have lunch out in the sun most days which is something lots of people dream of in northen europe in december.. then have xmas and nye festive season.

with the current infrastructure, I can't see ibiza getting proper tourism from after nye until end of march - it's just not appealing enough in that period. but a 'shoulder season' from halloween until nye and then getting it going earlier (easter) and not only in may, that's something I can absolutely see happening in the not too far future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back