When do you think the Ibiza Clubs will fully open in 2021?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2021?

• May

• June

• July

• August

• September

• October

• It won’t, 2022 at the earliest.

Results are only viewable after voting.
As much as I, desperately ,wish the bigs clubs can open .

I am voting with the 'out door with limited capacity enforced' Vote ...

With the news Glastonbury canceled ,I cannot see the politics of Madrid allowing cheap journalist having a field day with news items and images of 1000 s of sweaty people hugging and dancing... ( oh ..how I miss that. !! )
We spent 2 weeks in July 2020 and attended
Niki Beach - Limited number s in the pool
Pike- outdoor small events . food
Nassau - out door beach - low key music .

I believe there may be many options for some out door events like the ones above , as Cunninghammali posts .

The question is it profitable for these mega venues, ie, numbers on the island . If we all have to take a PCR test arrive and depart @ €100 +,
The costs to put on a event is huge , dj. fees ,staff, promotion cost , bill boards ,etc ,etc , , ..But I hope , we have a sample of a season , please !! Please . please ................ as I am so depressed with these 4 walls I am presently in. !!

But I do think that the club owners here will do anything to open - so whatever measures are put in place, they'll deal with it and work out a plan.

i'm afraid it doesn't matter what the clubs come up with, the island government will not follow ischgl's example and completely destroy his reputation for years to come

As much as I, desperately ,wish the bigs clubs can open .

I am voting with the 'out door with limited capacity enforced' Vote ...

With the news Glastonbury canceled ,I cannot see the politics of Madrid allowing cheap journalist having a field day with news items and images of 1000 s of sweaty people hugging and dancing... ( oh ..how I miss that. !! )
We spent 2 weeks in July 2020 and attended
Niki Beach - Limited number s in the pool
Pike- outdoor small events . food
Nassau - out door beach - low key music .

I believe there may be many options for some out door events like the ones above , as Cunninghammali posts .

The question is it profitable for these mega venues, ie, numbers on the island . If we all have to take a PCR test arrive and depart @ €100 +,
The costs to put on a event is huge , dj. fees ,staff, promotion cost , bill boards ,etc ,etc , , ..But I hope , we have a sample of a season , please !! Please . please ................ as I am so depressed with these 4 walls I am presently in. !!
God!!! Me too I tell ya...I f***ing need something..good time party..please

Think the same. But no indoor events until October , maybe. Maybe 2 Months ( mid Sept to mid Nov ) nearly normal season ?
Mid November? You serious? People‘s travel habits will never change, when September ends it‘s mainly the diehards still visiting the island and not many more. Extending the season will never be a thing. Plus: no dj would commit playing Ibiza weekly that time of the year when instead they could make $$$ more on 6-7 gig US/South Anerica Tour

Mid November? You serious? People‘s travel habits will never change, when September ends it‘s mainly the diehards still visiting the island and not many more. Extending the season will never be a thing. Plus: no dj would commit playing Ibiza weekly that time of the year when instead they could make $$$ more on 6-7 gig US/South Anerica Tour
It will be different now though people's travel habits may have to and will change, djs may not be able to travel as easily as before to different countries and do all of the tours they once did and earn the money they once did either..

It will be different now though people's travel habits may have to and will change, djs may not be able to travel as easily as before to different countries and do all of the tours they once did and earn the money they once did either..
I definitely agree that people are going to be very open minded when it comes to deviating from normal travel habits.
I think a lot of people were quite fluid with this pre pandemic.. I certainly was (and will be).

After little, or in some cases no scope for overseas travel people aren't going to care what time of year, they are going to be desperate to get away.
My passport definitely needs to be dusted off!

I definitely agree that people are going to be very open minded when it comes to deviating from normal travel habits.
I think a lot of people were quite fluid with this pre pandemic.. I certainly was (and will be).

After little, or in some cases no scope for overseas travel people aren't going to care what time of year, they are going to be desperate to get away.
My passport definitely needs to be dusted off!

Thats it

Normally I never would go to Ibz in late Oct / Nov. But if its the only possible time , I woud go. Surely this is a personal opinion

Yes if I can party properly in November or October I will change my June dates for sure to then

We just have to wait and see I suppose

Stivi has written : He thinks october will be possible , November not because the flights and so on. Most of the Torist carrier stop the balearic islands at october. That can be the showstopper.

Stivi has written : He thinks october will be possible , November not because the flights and so on. Most of the Torist carrier stop the balearic islands at october. That can be the showstopper.
If the season can be extended, and there is demand, I guarantee you that Easyjet and Ryanair will find the planes

I do agree post-covid travel will probably change a bit but not to the extend that summer-only destinations like the French Riviera or Ibiza will suddenly attract masses in late Oct./Nov. I really can't see much demand there - especially with overseas travel & city breaks back by late summer. I think people will have all summer to go to Ibiza and anyone who wants to visit the island in 21 will do so before end of Sep. As always.
And remember: clubs around the world will also be open again (hopefully), festivals like Time Warp are happening - so you don't necessarily have to be at Hi oder Amnesia in a jacket to catch Tale Of Us, Solomun or Dixon palying. A weekend in Berlin will probably do it as well ;)

Pedro Sanchez said the same thing last year: no tourists all year long. He will change his mind eventually in a few months, like always. Tourists will be allowed back by mid-June in some form I believe. I just can't see how Spain is going to survive without it's livelihood industry for another year. Last season has shown you can handle tourism without vaccines or having herd immunity. Clubs? That's not manageable til September/Oct.
It's all going to be based on how quick they can roll out their vaccines. If they can get it done fast, then they can reopen sooner. They have all the incentive in the world to speed up, just have to see what they do.

Back