When do you think the Ibiza Clubs will fully open in 2021?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2021?

• May

• June

• July

• August

• September

• October

• It won’t, 2022 at the earliest.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah hard to define 'season'. My money's on open air bars and spaces doing stuff this summer but clubs might be more of a struggle. The clubbing demographic will be last to be vaccinated and a lot of them will be skint, so the average age of visitor will go up a lot I reckon.

2 Months with open clubs : September , October or October , November ( if they do )
Outside Bars withe masks : After July , also beaches

I think June will start to see things open up, bars, out door places,

clubbing type outdoor events/parties maybe end of July, maybe difficult for amnesia and pacha as they are indoors, amnesia does have a big car park maybe throw some outside events there

pacha could maybe do more outdoor events at destino and cova santa, maybe solomons night there so could be outdoors

Walking on the streets I reckon face masks for sure, I am hoping wont be a requirement for clubbing

I just want at least two clubs open when I arrive in June. Two clubs will do it for me. Heart and Hi Ibiza perhaps? And of course a number of outdoor/open air bars and restaurants. Then I will be happy.

im really hoping for June tbh going to go into this year with the same optimism as last year and hope for the best. If it was UK I believe different though I don't think we will see clubs open till back end of the year if that

I’m aiming late for my 2021 trip, September or October. Really need to feel that bass in my chest.
Could be Benimussa’s busiest year on record?

Season will most likely start in June. There is a very good chance when you're under 60 you won't get your vaccine shot til August/September in most european countrys, so sadly I expect another slow season for the Balearics. Masks and restrictions will probably still be a thing throughout most of the season, but I see al fresco events happening. Indoor clubbing won't be back for another season. The Balearic Government will try to brand the Islands as a safe travel destination for the summer and will mainly target responsible tourists (families, couples etc.) and not risk anything by bringing in rowdy crowds who get lit up at DC-10 or at Punta Ballena in Magaluf as long as there's no herd immunity.

Im gonna say 2022. Its obviously only my opinion but I dont believe the vaccines will be as effective as they say they will. Some experts are already giving hints that the South African variant could be resistant to current vaccines. If they have to go away and tweak vaccines it adds more time on to restrictions. That combined with the fact that its more transmissible spell doom for me unfortunately.

I am hopeful that we might get a slightly more normal season than last year.

2 things in our favour, first, we are starting with a longer run-up this time, and we have experience of how to deal with things better. If you imagine, it only really started kicking off in March last year, so we have time to bring the numbers down sooner.

Second, the vaccine. I am 45 and am advised that by June I should be in line for a jab. Marry that up with a compulsory test 72 hours before travel, I reckon a few more things will be open. I've got Clockwork weekend booked for 15th July. I can see Benimussa Park happening....maybe not Amnesia...

I'm in the outdoor/indoor camp here. Possibly June/July for the beach club style day clubbing and Aug/Sept for indoors. Will definitely need to produce a recent negative test before getting into the country though, vaccine or no vaccine. Not sure if this would apply to domestic travellers too from the mainland, but would've thought it necessary to try and keep the island as free as possible.

The big question though is if it is cost effective for Amnesia/Privi/Hi etc to only open for half a season- I don't know if they need to run a full season to make it worth their time

Back