What's the weather like at the moment?

Apparently the heatwave from the Sahara that hit Italy yesterday is meant to be coming towards Balerics, Spain, Portugal. Its not been too bad so far, actually today was quite pleasant heat wise - nice warm breeze.

Heat has been extreme this side. I swim at 7.30 every morning and then hide indoors till the evening. Being eaten alive too but they're tame compared to those evil b'stards at Salinas

Last edited:
They have really been hit by the heatwave in Mallorca, being larger than Ibiza the interior would have been, what, 40c+?

Right now it's 38c in Inca (Mallorca) while Ibiza city is 31c. I've found a 44c in the Spanish interior, but if anyone want's a bit of chill then go south...to Gibraltar (23c) and Ceuta (22c) - that Atlantic has a lot of eplaining to do!!

san antonio reached 40 degrees today.

it really was VERY hot this weekend all over the balearics. the sea or the swimming pool was the only way to keep cool.

northern wind arriving tonight and from tomorrow onwards it should get a little more bearable

Despite the heat, the sea surface temperature is average, 26.1c. Can get as high as 27.5c in August!

Despite the heat, the sea surface temperature is average, 26.1c. Can get as high as 27.5c in August!

that's because it took longer than usual until temps got high. but with the current air temps the water temp will keep going up and should stay warm for a good bit. mind the water always has a delay. it takes longer to warm up but it stays warm longer when the air temps are dropping already.

september should be fantastic I guess

that's because it took longer than usual until temps got high. but with the current air temps the water temp will keep going up and should stay warm for a good bit. mind the water always has a delay. it takes longer to warm up but it stays warm longer when the air temps are dropping already.

september should be fantastic I guess
That's why I love Sept and Oct, the sea stays above 24c until mid-Oct or beyond (I'm a softie and that's my threshold!); wheres in June the sun might be roasting hot, but it's not until around the the 20'th that the sea really becomes "warm" (ie 24c).

Before we had satellite temperature readings, I really did take a thermometer abroad to take the sea temps!

That's why I love Sept and Oct, the sea stays above 24c until mid-Oct or beyond (I'm a softie and that's my threshold!); wheres in June the sun might be roasting hot, but it's not until around the the 20'th that the sea really becomes "warm" (ie 24c).

Before we had satellite temperature readings, I really did take a thermometer abroad to take the sea temps!

LOL re the thermometer! 🤣

I usually swim in the sea until xmas or just before as the water temp is still bearable then. on the other hand it's true that on the first hot days in april or may you take a dip and think fcuk me it's bloody cold

Lowest IVe been in is 8degC in Liverpool docks one April. In a wetsuit. Face hands and feet bright pink after it! The hardcore winter club swimmers down there go right through the winter, must get <5-6C! Loonies.

Right now it's 38c in Inca (Mallorca) while Ibiza city is 31c. I've found a 44c in the Spanish interior
+44C in the Spanish interior is probably way more bearable than +40C in the Balearics, thanks to the lower humidity.

Anyway, the current weather on Ibiza is exactly how I like it on the island - hot days and warm nights. A pity I am stuck on the continent until the end of August. Is there dust from Sahara in the air too?

Back