What's going to happen to SPACE after 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
apparently they didn't apply for a permission to have the party on tuesday (cocoon after), probably out of fear for it being denied.
zoo had all the permissions.

So does anyone know what will be happening with the club next year? Is the actual club still going to be there just run by new owners or is the club being smashed down and a new one built in its place?

I think I read on here that they will keep the building... I saw on a comment on Instagram 'the new club Red bird' .. I don't know if it was a bad English translation maybe, but I can't remember where I saw it. I wonder if it will be called Red Bird? Lol! I have a bad habit of personifying things I love and I feel really sad for that building whatever happens.. I would have preferred it to be taken apart and bits of it given out to deserving people - like me lol, I really wanted one of those bronze signs near the door, but I hope they appear on the 'new Space'

I think out of curiosity I want to see what "Phoenix Nights" looks and feels like compared to Space. Maybe blag a free wist band / scale the wall (basically not pay) and probably leave with a lump in my throat and a bit of sick in my mouth :(

Does anyone know or heard any rumours when there gonna say and confirm where space is going? Would be good if it stayed where it is but the thought of it in San Antonio sounds quite right aswell

Only rumour really was the hotel in San An that had an outdoor area but as far as I know that's all it is.
Id prefer it to stay in the past with the way the islands going, be horrible to ruin the brand completely after so many changes that changed it for the worse over the years. The final send off was almost perfect and it'll be forever compared anyway it'll be crap!

I've no desire to go in or near it, bossa is a shit hole anyway and nothing there to draw me in at all these days now there's no space :cool:

Totally agree with theses comments. Bossa is a total dump and nothing but Space drawer me out of lovely San Antonio to go there.

Would love to see pdb crime rates literally everything goes on there been there everytime I've been to Ibiza I think Ushuaia attracts crime or dodgy stuff because it caters for the rich sometimes with high volumes of rich customers comes crime I suppose

Bag snatching and pick pocketing are common in pdb, seen twice in one week a girl have her bag grabbed by someone on a moped which then sped off, one of the girls really hurt herself and was so upset, i really felt for her, no one deserves that on a holiday you have been saving up for and looking forward too.
Then you have all the drug dealers and hookers around the bora bora road, also the corner down by the mini hippy market, that is one place to avoid on your own at night! One of the good things they did in pdb was chop down all the pine trees along the street by La Sirena, yep its sad to cut trees down, but at night it made the place very dodgy and dark, with some dodgy characters hanging about.
Then you get the beach, people drunk, drugged, makes pdb not a very nice resort really! It really could do with cleaning up, but maybe that will all change no Space is no more, and possibly bora bora too.. will clubbers still flock there in the numbers they have done?

Totally agree with theses comments. Bossa is a total dump and nothing but Space drawer me out of lovely San Antonio to go there.
Only stayed in PDB twice. One time at the Algarb we we took our daughter & friends for her 21st as it was an affordable AI. And this year we stayed at Santos which was lovely but I can see what people are saying. If we turned 1 way out of hotel fine, go down the next street full of dodgyness. This is the reason I left Space closing as the Mrs was falling asleep but could see I could go on & wanted to stay so she said she would walk home on her own & I could stay .. NO WAY was I letting her walk home in PDB on her own at 8am so we left together. I loved Space but love my wife more! Back to Figuretas it is for us when we return or maybe even further a field!

With space gone I've no reason to visit pdb unless there's a good line up at Sankey's.

Therefore I've just booked an apartment in San Antonio for the first time in twenty years. I really do hope that if space ends up in San an it will lift the area and the existing venues. This cluster effect of businesses deliberately locating close to their competitors to improve performance works with other industries: look at silicon valley, adidas/puma in the same town, motor factories the world over are often in the same city as rivals, the financial industry in the city, etc. Make no mistake this clubbing thing is an industry now, driven by money.

If the best in the business (ie space) arrives in San an, the existing venues will raise their game, new bars will open, and we as punters should benefit. Likewise the Ushuaia/hard rock/swag vibe may grow in pdb (I just won't be there as its not my kind of crowd).

All guesswork at the moment, and im not suggesting the new space will ever replace the old one but times change and it might be largely positive in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back