What is the weirdest thing you've had in your mouth?

Morbyd said:
My grandparents did the exact same thing to my dad's duck when he was little... traumatized him for life!

I think it is one of those old school kids need to toughen up or kids will grow out of it things. In my case, my dad grew tired of cleaning up the poop, or at least that is what he told me. Any way, I do not hold this incident against them. I get a laugh out of it now. Imagine me coming back from school in the afternoon finding the entire garden all nice and clean, and then opening up the kitchen door and finding two heads on the cutting board. What the f***?

When I was a kid my grandmother fed me tripe & onions smothered in vinegar- I'll eat almost anything these days, but even the thought of that makes me heave. Otherwise it's black pudding (which I love).

Paddy Eeziglow said:
When I was a kid my grandmother fed me tripe & onions smothered in vinegar- I'll eat almost anything these days, but even the thought of that makes me heave. Otherwise it's black pudding (which I love).

Onions and Vinegar. That will get the as* humming all night long.

Paddy Eeziglow said:
You wanna try tripe- it's like trying to eat a kind of vaguely meaty flavoured Axminster carpet- not pleasant at all:(

Actually, I have eaten tripe on many occasions. My dad used to make it when we lived in Pakistan. I did not find it bad at all.

I remember when he first cooked cow udder. My mom and sister vetoed it. Has anyone had cow udder before? It's pretty chewy.

Paddy Eeziglow said:
You wanna try tripe- it's like trying to eat a kind of vaguely meaty flavoured Axminster carpet- not pleasant at all:(

my dad and my aunt STILL go on to this day about some tripe they had on a club med holiday when they were kids - apparently it was the most amazing thing either of them had tasted and it was the only dish on the entire club med holiday that you couldn't go back for seconds for because it was so popular :confused:

the french eh :rolleyes: :lol:

Right who wants a ruck :twisted:

To all who posted replies to me:

Perhaps inhumane was the wrong word, it probably was actually, I know that killing any animal is ethically inhumane, but to me personally, I believe eating animals that aren't specifically bred for their meat is wrong. I guess its the society you've been brought up in. I know that cows, pigs etc are born for the sole purpose for their meat, if they weren't going to be eaten, they would never have been born. That's my logic when it comes to eating meat. If the animal has been farmed then I don't have a problem with eating it, if it's wild I wont.
Animals like rabbits, duck, pheasant etc are wild animals which are shot and killed for people to eat, I dont agree with that, you should never kill anything that has been born naturally into the wild and eat it :(

Amd I love horses so I'd just never eat one of them, even if they were born on a farm :lol:

Beckiboo said:
If the animal has been farmed then I don't have a problem with eating it, if it's wild I wont.
Animals like rabbits, duck, pheasant etc are wild animals which are shot and killed for people to eat, I dont agree with that, you should never kill anything that has been born naturally into the wild and eat it :(

Amd I love horses so I'd just never eat one of them, even if they were born on a farm :lol:
Here's where you're wrong. There are places around the world where rabbit, duck, reindeer and horse are grown on farms or herded for meat. Ostrich and alligator too. Even dog. Probably also other animals that you think of as "wild".

Obviously that's not the case in England (though I think I read about an ostrich farm there once), but it is elsewhere...

I think it is more humane to kill an animal in the wild than breed one just for human benefit. Which ones have the better quality of life? Thats what it all comes down to.

At the end of the day you can bang on all day on the rights and wrongs of eating meat. It comes down to each individual's personal preference. Mine is to only eat farmed animals and not wild ones. I don't care if an ostrich is farmed in Kazakistahn, it's not farmed over here in my society so I dont agree with eating it.

I think eating wild animals is MUCH MORE humane. what is inhumane are most of the farming practices in this county which leave animals in a terrible state - chickens eating their own feet off through boredom etc. wild animals enjoy a much better quality of life, whereas farm animals have a life of misery just to provide us with meat.

And 99% of the duck meat in the UK is farmed, and I would suspect most of the rabbit meat is as well.

I agree with Sirens...I mean have any of you had wagyu beef?? bloody delicious :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Beckiboo said:
Mine is to only eat farmed animals and not wild ones. I don't care if an ostrich is farmed in Kazakistahn, it's not farmed over here in my society so I dont agree with eating it.
Actually, Becs, if you read what I wrote you would note that I never said ostrich is farmed in Kazakhstan. In fact, it is not :spank:

Nevertheless, if you'd like to try it (it's quite nice - a bit like beef but very lean and tender), then I can recommend the following locations where you'll find farmed ostrich:

Pliney Ostrich Farms Ltd, Taylors Meanygate, Preston, Lancashire
Gamston Ostrich, Nottinghamshire
Cornish Ostriches, Cornwall
Arthur Andrews, Buckinghamshire
The Ostrich Fayre, Nottinghamshire
The Emu and Ostrich Co., Hampshire
Kerry McNickle, Lancashire
MNS Ostriches Ltd., Devon
Brookfield Ostrich Farm Church Westcote Chipping Norton Oxfordshire

Just to name a few....

Last time I checked, these locations were "in your society" ;)

Back