What hotels have you stayed at?

2003 - Solimar Apartments: First Ibiza trip at 23 with a friend and this was more or less a drunken blur. The hotel is now closed, but was located above Plastik (now something else, I think). This was the most uncomfortable room I ever slept in. Room was only about ten foot across. I remember the sheets feeling like sandpaper, and there was no airflow in the room and obviously no AC. I could not sleep and was hung over and miserable... on the plus side, the location could not be better, with a balcony overlooking the bay.

2005 - Recos del Sol: Stayed with a friend two weeks prior to opening parties that year. Tough to gauge ambiance, as it was still technically out of season, but the one-bedroom unit was spacious and clean. Was only slightly put off by longer walk to west end lol.....

Will actually be going back this year, since the price was competitive and we were looking for an apartment.

2010 & 2012 - Hostal Montana: Both trips with wifey. Best accommodation for price in my experience. The rooms were clean and the staff were thoughtful, personable and friendly. The receptionist remembered us on our return visit two years later... we would have booked again for 2018, if the rooms featured a small hob/kitchenette for self-cater. The place is located "close-enough" to the livelier areas, but just far enough away from it. Would recommend to most singles and couples, unless you are bent on a luxury experience.

@craig72 I really thought that's what you both meant by "delights of balcony club" and "welcome to the balcony (wink)".

Won't lie. I considered the option , if only as a practicality....

Absolutely sure a little hierbas and holiday relaxation will get her to see the practicality of it as well.

I didn't realize we had esteemed card carrying members of the club right here on this forum!:lol:

Back