What hotels have you stayed at?

Has anyone ever stayed at Es Vive? I will be staying there in July.

Yes, a few times since 2014, including one of the suites before moving to the villa for my wedding. :cool: Great place and if you want to do a bit of partying/chilling out afterwards but still feel a bit pampered, it's perfect for my needs. I'd recommend an upper, sea-view room though, ideally away from the Experience Club, although the rooms are sound-proofed and for Ibiza, it was pretty quiet.

Stayed in quite a few different hotels over the years:

2002: Squash Apartments, PDB. Cheap and (sort of) cheerful.
2003: Jet, PDB. Struck gold and got an upper, sea-view room next to nice neighbours but the lack of AC at the time was grim. Think we slept on the balcony a couple of nights! :lol:
2004: Sirenis Jabeque, Figueretes. Lovely sea-view room and a big 1 bedroom apartment but this was before the refurb so the clientele was 'interesting'. I recall a fight broke out in the pool between Rotherham and Barsnsley fans. Whilst their kids watched on...
2005: Villa and then Sirenis Jabeque, Figueretes afterwards. Thankfully no pool fights this time!
2006: Jet, PDB. Drew the short straw and got one of the really nasty, noisy rooms near Bora Bora. We were either side of a big group of Italian blokes who kept banging on each others doors at all hours and shouted the intro to The White Stripes' 'Seven Nation Army' also at all hours (Italy had just won the World Cup and they wouldn't stop going on about it). Surprised I didn't kill someone. Good location for Space after-parties though!
2007: Simbad, Talamanca. Much more chilled and with a lovely sea-view. Bit of a walk to Ibiza Town though so recall spending a lot on taxis, especially back from Space & DC10.
2007: Nautico Ebeso, Figueretes. Returned in October to plan for our wedding (which we then postponed until 2015!). Had booked into the nearby Lux Mar but as soon as we walked in and saw our room which resembled an Eastern European prison cell from the 1970s, we cut our loses (which was around £100 for the week!) and booked into the Nautico Ebeso. Good thing it was out of season. Big room and lovely sea-view. Once again, this was before it was blinged up.
2009: Simbad, Talamanca
2014: Es Vive, Figueretes. After a long break from Ibiza, I decided to give the old girl a go again and booked into the Es Vive, Figueretes (as had a slightly bigger budget than in 2002!). The bedrooms aren't the biggest but they are fine for my needs. Very comfy, huge bed, big balcony and great service all around. The roof terrace is amazing and the Experience Bar/Club good fun. I don't think I'd stay anywhere else in Ibiza if I was going during the season, besides a villa if it was a special occasion or someone else was paying! :lol:
2015: Es Vive in May; Es Vive / Villa in August.
2016: Es Vive sold out so got an apartment in Talamanca. Definitely not the same as Es Vive so visited a couple of times to hang out by the pool and roof terrace.
2017: Back to Es Vive in May/June!

Last edited:
1989-2017

Ibiza

Poniente Apts
Gran Sol
Ses Savines
Hawaii
Mare Nostrum
Club Can Bossa
Sal Rossa
Hostal Talamanca
Ryans Marina
Playa Real Talamanca
Casa Vilda Marge
Finca La Colina

Formentera

Voga Mari
Hostal solymar
La Savina Hotel

2011 - Rosamar aparthotel. Nice rooms, AI food not too good, small pool and views spoiled by the half-built apartments of San An bay. My first trip though, and like your first car, you never forget it..

2012 - Rosamar again. The 35-40 minute walk to Itaca started to lose its appeal. Time for a change..

2013 - Azuline Bergantin. Much better in every way, except older main building with smaller rooms, paper thin walls, constant banging of doors.. great pools, food and drink selection, made some good friends that worked there. 10-15 minute walk to Itaca, just far enough away from San An.

2014 - Azuline Bergantin

2015 - Azuline Bergantin

2016 - Azuline Bergantin

2017 - Azuline Mar Amantis..
I stayed in Hotel Bergantin in 1979.

yes.
1. The vibe is unreal
2. The location is okay
3. The rooms are quite small

If in doubt then always refer back to point 1

Even if I did have doubts I have already paid half the cost nonrefundable so I am going either way. I initially booked at Garbi but had second thoughts then switched.

Even if I did have doubts I have already paid half the cost nonrefundable so I am going either way. I initially booked at Garbi but had second thoughts then switched.

You'll have a great time there.
Nice bottle of Rose around the pool in the afternoon ;), some great music played there too with live DJs in the pm. Oh, and as stated by someone else, the inside bar is mad but really comes alive later on at night (very late)

Just one point, ask for a room away from the stairwell or lift

This^^ and if the your invited to a party at the apartments around the back:oops: do go...but be prepared to be divorced on return..;)

You'll have a great time there.
Nice bottle of Rose around the pool in the afternoon ;), some great music played there too with live DJs in the pm. Oh, and as stated by someone else, the inside bar is mad but really comes alive later on at night (very late)

Just one point, ask for a room away from the stairwell or lift
I reviewed Es Vive in 2011 but can't find it
@McRackin any ideas?
https://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/would-anyone-still-be-interested-in-a-2010-review.60002/

lots mate....seen it go from bad to good over the years.
from free to get in clubs apart from ku and pacha.to 90 euros a night.no english bar staff in most west end bars.to even cutting out a drink can and showing it to bar man with fingers up on how many you wanted.heineken and skol lager was the drinks then.early 80s

2003 marian san an
2006 see above
2007 & 2008 venus san an bay
2009-2011 confort plaza san an
2012 marco polo 2 & ibiza mar
2013 marco polo 1
2014 poniente playa & del mar
2015 marco polo 1 & casa maria
2016 poniente playa
2017?? nothing booked as of yet, who knows?

Back