What hotels have you stayed at?

The bar man at puerto cala vadella told me last year that he worked at joe spoons in late 70s to mid 80s and he's still called paddy today by some old timers:) his real name is Pedro..:lol:

Good thread! (Might have some years mixed up!)

2004, 2005, 2006, 2008: Fiesta hotels (remember these? Before they got turned into Ushuaia and Hard Rock) So convenient (could crawl back and forth to Space and very reasonable and AFFORDABLE!)

2007 Some place in San Antoniofor a few days before friends arrived. I don't remember the name but do remember the bed felt like cardboard!

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013: Bon Sol (Cheap and not always cheerful ( only robbed once!)

2015 -Mare Nostrum, Royal Beach ( summer). Apartment in Santa Gertrudis (winter)

2016 - Pacha Hotel ( spring). Bon Sol prestige ( summer). Hostal Marino (winter) I have to say - Hostal Marino in winter was one of the (if not the most) best value for money, clean, shower with great water pressure, parking lot, friendly staff I've ever stayed in in Ibiza. Would be curious to know what it's like in summer as San Antonio is very different then.

Grand Palladium Palace
Grand Palladium White Island
Hard Rock Ibiza
Ushuaia
Palladium Don Carlos
Palladium Cala llonga
Fiesta Cala Nova
Fiesta Milord
Fiesta Tanit
Fiesta Cala Gracio
Agroturismo Sa Talaia

Can really see a trend here :D

Hostal Torres
Club Paraiso
Marina Playa
Sol Y Sonar
Hotel Marfil
Villa
Hotel Hawaii
Tropical Gardens
Rocamar x 2
Hostal Parque x 3
Atzaro
Simbad
El Pinar x 3

2008 palladium palace
2009 tres carabelas
2010 thb los molinos
2011 private apartment in PDB
2012 Mare nostrum
2013 apartments Jabeque
2014 Hotel S'estanyol San Antonio, Hotel Riviera San Antonio
2015 Hotel Cala tarida
2016 Hotel Cala tarida
2017.... Hotel Cala tarida?

All in San An bay:

Reco des sol - 2006. Basic but fine. It was my second time abroad ever, I wasn't remotely fussy. Guests were mostly young like me I'd say. Wou'ldn't stay there now, although I'm sure I read it was being refurbished.

Can't remember the exact years/order but in the last 7 years I've stayed in the

Hotel Hawaii - really nice hotel, quite family-oriented but was great for me and my friend who were going clubbing but couldn't be arsed with a rowdy 'oi oi' crowd around the pool etc. Did half board though and I'll never do this again as it's the worst of both worlds; miss out some main meals and no 'free' drinks, but no fridge/cooking facilities in the room to sort yourself out. Annoying when it came to pre-drinks because ice melted so fast.

San remo/ s'estanyol - I've stayed in both parts, they are marketed as two seperate hotels but I think they're owned by the same company and I've known people think they're staying at one get transfered to the other etc. No complaints, cheap and cheerful, apart from the standard terrible pool music - basically Shakira/Enrique Eglesias at top volume. Did all inclusive which is never value for money in terms for food, but drinks on tap are always a bonus.

Bergantin - really nice hotel, plenty of space around the (two) pools, would stay here again.

Marina Playa - self-catering, adult-only, stayed here the last few years and will be again this year, my favourite. Nice rooms, clean, bright, I always go for the sea view with balcony, really lovely. Nice pool area (although small pool), great music from a DJ every day, amazing cocktails and good food (restaurant underneath also good apparantly). Only downside is that the price has gone up a lot this year. I'll pay it because it's so far been the perfect hotel for us, and it's Ibiza, I go once a year, it's not the time to count the pennies. And in fairness, you can see the evidence of improvement and money being spent on it, they refurbished the bathrooms last year and they're really tidy. For most people it probably wouldn't be worth the money, but I'm in my late twenties now and I like to spoil myself a bit more/have a few chilled out days, and this hotel has always been the perfect location for that.

2005 - Club Paraiso (now Ibiza rocks)
06 - Piscis park (the hotel everyone loves to hate but good location in San an)
07 - Piscis again
08 - Pacific (san an)
09 - Pacific
10 - Piscis, La Noria (Bossa)
11 - Algarb x 2 (Bossa)
13 - Pacific, Algarb
16 - Algarb (Bossa), Don Pepe (San An), Las Nieves (ibz town)
17 - ?

1992- Can cockroach
1993-97. Casa crazy lady(san an)by church and finca mosquito talamanca
1997-2016 boring hotels and apartments.:)

2002 lux mar
2003 sal rossa
2005 cenit
2008 reco des sol
2009 reco des sol
2010 sal rossa
2013 anfora, coral star, tarba
2014 arenal
2015 sal rossa
2016 palladium palmyra
2017 Blau park

I missed one!
Easter 2015 - Europa Punico, in between Ibiza town & Figueretas. Came over for a friends 40th. Loved it at this time of year and would definitely come again. Wouldn't stay here in the summer as I like to have a pool, but it's walking distance to Figueretas beach.

Grand Palladium Palace
Grand Palladium White Island
Hard Rock Ibiza
Ushuaia
Palladium Don Carlos
Palladium Cala llonga
Fiesta Cala Nova
Fiesta Milord
Fiesta Tanit
Fiesta Cala Gracio
Agroturismo Sa Talaia

Can really see a trend here :D

Staying at the Tanit this year, what was your experience of it like?

2010 - hostel tarba - Basic but good location
2011 - poniente - F**king mental
2013 - poniente - F**King mental
2014 - puchet - Sound proof rooms and Olympic swimming pool.
2015 - Royal plaza - winter trip. Very corporate looking.
Coral star - Nice area in San an bay. Standard Spanish, basic hotel.
2016 - Hostel Florencio - April trip before it all kicks off. Basic. Good location.
Excelsior apartments - Right on west end strip. Loud. Good if you like a party. Basic. No pool.
Club la sirena - Great location. Standard hotel. Enjoyed the atmosphere
Playasol Maritimo - Winter trip. Right on the beach. Quiet as it was November. Bike rental completely free.
2017 - Sunshine apartments - Great location in San an bay. Really enjoyed area. Atmosphere by pool was active without being overly crazy.
Monterrey - Out of the way in San an bay down a country road just past sunshine apartments. Power cut last day. Bar shut at 8pm. No running water for 3 Days. Pool was good but doubt I'd return.
2018 -?

For quality I'd say puchet was the best. Poniente was great purely because 2013 with my two mates was the craziest week of my life. Definitely couldn't repeat that week now though :lol:
. Really enjoyed Sunshine and Club la sirena for location though.

2018 I'm either going to try and rebook Club la sirena or sunshine apartments or book up the North of the island. Undecided yet. Bring on next year though :)

Last edited:
I have no idea how people remember where they stayed in what year - I can't even remember whether it was 2 or 5 years ago that I stayed somewhere most of the time let alone earlier than that... perhaps that's because I spend so little time in my hotel !! I can't even remember the name of the place I checked into in Portinax a few years ago...

In the early days it was mainly Pikes, Hacienda Na Xamena etc. now priced much higher than I want to pay for a bag drop. Not really relevant to today anyway.

In more recent years it's been heavily dominated by Abrat, Blau Parc, Gran Sol & Sunset Oasis with occasional forays into other hotels like the Beach Star after renovation - and the Tarba when it's been either out of Season or full everywhere else with an affordable room. Some other random overnights I struggle to bring to mind too.

Abrat - overpriced after renovation imo but great location and always been friendly and reliable with stability of staffing meaning you always get a great welcome back. You get a small fridge and flatscreen TV now which is a step up from yesteryear. I think the tennis courts are going to become rooms which is a shame but to be fair I never used them and guessing few people actually did. Nice views from seaview rooms. Was blown away when I got handed my UK boat licence on check-in that I'd left in the safe on a previous stay some weeks before - hadn't even realized I'd lost it. Off-road parking is becoming a pain as more and more rooms / people bringing cars. Nice location for Cala Gracio without staying in the AI hotels further along the coast.

Blau Parc - Bit of a package holiday vibe in reception area. Nice spacious Apartments but find them noisy from the pool. Underground parking is a godsend and worth paying for.

Gran Sol - very comfortable and convenient. Car park and pool too. Never any sinking feeling when you end up booking in here. Views nowhere near as nice as Abrat or Blau Parc seaview as it basically runs at right angle to the sea overlooking either the wasteland beyond Sunset Strip or some Apartments on the opposite side across the road. Decent breakfast these days but didn't bother to eat any other time.

Sunset Oasis - very hard to get rooms and pricey in peak Season. Car is a big help. Laid back and had some good times here including sneaking into the pool after dark for a post-clubbing swim. Bit out of the way but nice views. Kind of marred by being the place I was staying when I got very ill with what turned out to be onset chicken pox and had to flee a late Season holiday in a hurry. Partly because they were full and I couldn't stay on - even in October. Was just as well I got home but still have a hard time thinking about going back after that little nightmare.

Tarba - not going to win any prizes for luxury. But there's a pool (often in the shade), nice owners, and the location next to the bus stop will appeal to many. It's a cheap crash pad basically - and I've always got parked round the back.

Beach Star - In the Bay, really nice and handy for Kumharas etc. Very spacious Apartment with kitchenette and was great value in its year of opening after refurbishment. Priced themselves out of the market for me these last 2 years.

Back