Weekend Plans

Currently desperately trying to shake off this lurgy so I can run a half marathon on Sunday!! Put all the training in so I'll be massively gutted to not be able to do it :( So not a massive amount planned for this weekend

Managed to shake it off enough to run the half marathon with a time of 2:12:29 which for me is not too shabby at all!

Spent the rest of the afternoon trying to stop my head from exploding with sinus pain but I guess it's a good excuse for the whole hot whiskey, honey & lemon thing again :D

What a disappointing show. The music was excellent, as you'd expect, and he played in the centre of the room rather than on stage, which was a bit different. The big vibe killer was that there were no lights at all, bar the lights from the bar, his laptop and a couple of lamps. I would probably have been as well as listening to his tunes at home

i think we had the reverse problem at a place called latex on friday. Great little club, red laser lighting, good atmos - but horrendous techno (albeit 10,000x preferable to the shitey commercial options elsewhere)

ie don’t go to valencia to hear music.

In other ways, I liked valencia a lot (although on a political level the sheer number of spanish flags on balconies made me as a half-catalan very uneasy..) nice train ride down on the talgo.

Cool area is old town + Rufaza

Food: ubik is decent cafe for quiet lunch, mano a mano for a light meal, el camerino for a massive dinner. The spaced out barman at the doce mil en rusia bar was good fun too

Hotel: we stayed at the casual valencia de les artes on carrer port, v good value for a 3* incl swim pool, brekkie + sauna

Good weekend was had, Sven was really enjoyable last weekend!

This weekend will be a quiet one with the family.

Flying out to Lanzarote for 8 nights on Saturday for a nice relaxing week. Just as the big freeze is about to hit the UK :D

This weekend I am djing at my work at a sports competition then off to the boxing in Bethnal Green to support young lad on the undercard of the Anthony Yarde fight

Next weekend got Menno De Jong solo session daytime party.

Last edited:
Local working men's club tonight with the fam for a quiz night "The Hairy Hunts" are rolling deep! :lol:
Taxi duties tomorrow night.
Sunday might cook a roast for whole family.

Baltic surf shortly then this evening it's a friend of a friend's 50th - half a dozen local djs are taking over one of the town's abandoned nightclubs to throw his party in. No curfew i hear ... Look out!

Last edited:
Baltic waves here too..no chance I go in there. Will get a few pictures on my walk with the dog....abandoned night club. What could possibly go wrong:twisted:

Went for a bit of a baltic 10k run along the sea front this morning - no way was I going anywhere near those waves :lol:

Very quiet one here this weekend, got prep to do ready for a job interview on Thursday and need to get my sleep in as I'm covering 24x7 support in work for the next fortnight :( oh well, it's all money towards the Ibiza fund!

The water itself wasn't too bad - it was the walk back to base with the wind chill that hurt! Fun waves though!!

Hopefully there are quite a few heads at this venue later as I can't see that being the warmest of spaces either! Haa!

Back