Weekend Plans

Day around the pool here in Jamaica yesterday, missus and youngest did Karoake after dinner and then we saw a great steel band.

Today - off to gym now (it's just gone 7am here) and after breakfast we're seeing what watersports we can book for today.

Sunday - trip out booked, swimming in a river and climbing up a waterfall.

All days include a vist to hotel's VR lounge so my boys can go a different ride each night.

My school holidays featured an unlimited amount of Tayto crisps and red lemonade in the pub in Ireland🤣
What hotel are you staying at out of interest? Been twice, both times Montego Bay, and hoping to go again in a couple of years! Did Dunns River the first time around.

What hotel are you staying at out of interest? Been twice, both times Montego Bay, and hoping to go again in a couple of years! Did Dunns River the first time around.
We're at the Ocean Coral Spring in Trelawnly. Having agreat time, but wouldn't recommend the hotel tbh. We're having to complain every day to get the room cleaned, took 2 days of complaining to get a wooden hot-tub panel with rusty nails sticking out sorted out. And the water in out room cut-off right after 'someone' had used the toilet, so it wouldn't flush. They said that happens every day when they replenish the water in the pools, but gave no warning of it and it hasn't happened since.

Climbed Dunns River Falls with my 2 boys, 11 and 9, on Sunday. And cliff jumped at the Blue Hole before that, though youngest and missus ducked the last, highest jump. My 11 year old boy loved it - to think I was told when he was 3, he'd probably never speak, be toilet trained or use a knife and fork. Makes all these adventures that little bit sweeter.

Last edited:
We're at the Ocean Coral Spring in Trelawnly. Having agreat time, but wouldn't recommend the hotel tbh. We're having to complain every day to get the room cleaned, took 2 days of complaining to get a wooden hot-tub panel with rusty nails sticking out sorted out. And the water in out room cut-off right after 'someone' had used the toilet, so it wouldn't flush. They said that happens every day when they replenish the water in the pools, but gave no warning of it and it hasn't happened since.

Climbed Dunns River Falls with my 2 boys, 11 and 9, on Sunday. And cliff jumped at the Blue Hole before that, though youngest and missus ducked the last, highest jump. My 11 year old boy loved it - to think I was told when he was 3, he'd probably never speak, be toilet trained or use a knife and fork. Makes all these adventures that little bit sweeter.
Ah, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Montego Bay first time and RIU Reggae 2nd time. First holiday was amazing but the hotel was bit rough round edges and staff very hit and miss. Loved the RIU though. Hopefully will be able to get back in couple of years. Wanted to stay in Negril next time but the transfer puts me off and I think nicer hotels in Montego Bay. Depending on budget of course.

Hoping to try a few different trips. Martha Brae river and also a cruise to Rick's Cafe (which was cancelled last time we went). Done Rick's Cafe before but by coach which was a slog. Also did Appleton Rum estate and Bob Marley's House.

Just about to set off to Glastonbury to see Keane this evening as a treat for my other half after finishing her second week of radiotherapy
What a bloomin’ lovely night to remind me what the important things are in life. Was our 20th anniversary too, as well as Keane being the first gig we went to together. Hold on, I’ve got something in my eye……

What a bloomin’ lovely night to remind me what the important things are in life. Was our 20th anniversary too, as well as Keane being the first gig we went to together. Hold on, I’ve got something in my eye……
Happy Anniversary to you both. You are having a challenging time so it's important to have some time out enjoying yourselves ❤️
It's probably just a bit of hay-fever that's making your eye a bit watery 😂

Happy Anniversary. Glad you got to see your first gig together 😀

Sounds like great trip Buckley. Yeah riot stuff is heavy. Deleted prev jokey post on it. Felt a bit tasteless. All over news here too. Really sad what's happening. So many dickheads who need to get a life

Back