Weekend Plans

costa brava vibes as per usual in July - the biggest dilemma this weekend is likely to be vino blanco or rosado

body melting heat which is pretty grim to work in atm. the ceiling fan is useless

panic on the beach yesterday when someone spotted a jellyfish. you'd think it was a scene from Jaws

sounds very similar to here haha!

we actually installed a ceiling fan in our bedroom not long ago and it's working a treat to sleep. we're no fans of aircon and the ceiling fan is doing the trick nicely.

blanco or rosado is the age old summer question innit...

oh and yeah I got stung by a jellyfish earlier this week. when I take people on hikes I'm always the first one in the water (equipped with a diving mask and a small net) and when you don't see any jellyfish from the coast and then jump in to do the proper jellyfish check there's always a bit of risk involved, so over the course of the summer I get my fair share of stings. but I've gotten used to them and it's not such a big deal honestly.

sounds very similar to here haha!

we actually installed a ceiling fan in our bedroom not long ago and it's working a treat to sleep. we're no fans of aircon and the ceiling fan is doing the trick nicely.

blanco or rosado is the age old summer question innit...

oh and yeah I got stung by a jellyfish earlier this week. when I take people on hikes I'm always the first one in the water (equipped with a diving mask and a small net) and when you don't see any jellyfish from the coast and then jump in to do the proper jellyfish check there's always a bit of risk involved, so over the course of the summer I get my fair share of stings. but I've gotten used to them and it's not such a big deal honestly.

yeah, some aspects of Sant Feliu are very Ibiza :) *btw - try lexxema cortisona for medusa stings - helps reduce inflammation

IMG-20240718-WA0005.jpg

Thurs - arrived at Beat-herder festival, had a complete failure putting the awning on the caravan, stupid snapped pole 😒 bumbled about to see lots of friends whilst hearing some good music from Sarah Story/Denis Sulta/LF System in forested area of the festival.

Fri - wife arrived with some girls who are staying with us. Perfect festival weather, a day of colourful bliss 😍 Nothing mind blowing music wise except Orbital - music and production was class.

Sat - hoping to catch Beans on Toast/The Wailers/Leftfield/Darius Syrossion/East End Dubs + some smaller bands

Sun - Special Request and a run of classic house djs from 3-12pm in a fire pumping fortress 😁

Thurs - arrived at Beat-herder festival, had a complete failure putting the awning on the caravan, stupid snapped pole 😒 bumbled about to see lots of friends whilst hearing some good music from Sarah Story/Denis Sulta/LF System in forested area of the festival.

Fri - wife arrived with some girls who are staying with us. Perfect festival weather, a day of colourful bliss 😍 Nothing mind blowing music wise except Orbital - music and production was class.

Sat - hoping to catch Beans on Toast/The Wailers/Leftfield/Darius Syrossion/East End Dubs + some smaller bands

Sun - Special Request and a run of classic house djs from 3-12pm in a fire pumping fortress 😁
Beans on Toast is an absolute top bloke

Beans on Toast is an absolute top bloke
Enjoyed it, love the lyrics and some friends who had not seen him before (or like anything but beats!) thought it was the best thing they'd seen for a couple of days 😁 he did most of his set in crowd about 15yards from where we sprawled out 😎

Then saw him enjoying the festival, djs and band sets in various places

Heading down to London On Saturday for Junction 2 Festival, Adam Beyer, Amelie Lens, Richie Hawtin, Jeff Mills to name a few playing, then out in Camden for a few post festivals drinks, finally getting some reasonable weather in England and the weekend is looking nice 🌞

Quiet weekend thankfully! Going away next week to Majorca. Anyone got any recommendations for restaurants, bars etc for the Puerto de Pollensa area and beyond? Excited to explore another Balearic island (don't worry Ibiza has my heart!)

Watching the Olympics Games ceremony, what a show 🤩
All those boats are making me feel a bit seasick!

Tomorrow I’m catching up with a friend who’s visiting Wales this weekend. I’m trying to stay away from any pubs/bars as I’ve almost gone a whole month without drinking. The smell of alcohol might just tip me over the edge 😂 So we’re off for a walk in the middle of nowhere 😂

Fri - went to our local with wife and young man to start her birthday weekend. I want to stay off the beer this weekend, managed it tonight 😊 Nice evening as the beer garden terrace was warm and kids played on the nature reserve it over looks. Just booked weekend tickets for Solfest with lad, needed after last week's excellend Beat-herder festival.

Sat - rented a place in the village Barnt Green, south Brum. Heading to a pub for food, drink and pub games probably.

Sun - Cadbury's World. Better half has been blagging to visit for 10+ years 🙃🙃🙃

Day around the pool here in Jamaica yesterday, missus and youngest did Karoake after dinner and then we saw a great steel band.

Today - off to gym now (it's just gone 7am here) and after breakfast we're seeing what watersports we can book for today.

Sunday - trip out booked, swimming in a river and climbing up a waterfall.

All days include a vist to hotel's VR lounge so my boys can go a different ride each night.

My school holidays featured an unlimited amount of Tayto crisps and red lemonade in the pub in Ireland🤣

Day around the pool here in Jamaica yesterday, missus and youngest did Karoake after dinner and then we saw a great steel band.

Today - off to gym now (it's just gone 7am here) and after breakfast we're seeing what watersports we can book for today.

Sunday - trip out booked, swimming in a river and climbing up a waterfall.

All days include a vist to hotel's VR lounge so my boys can go a different ride each night.

My school holidays featured an unlimited amount of Tayto crisps and red lemonade in the pub in Ireland🤣
Mad isn't it - we camped on a windy cliffs at Filey or old hippy sites in the Lakes like Jack's field that had no facilities for two weeks 🙃 Guaranteed my dad's series of old cars would break down and we would arrive or leave on a tow truck 😁

Back