Weekend Plans

The highlight of the weekend for me, out here in Lanzarote, was being approached by the daughter from a family the wife and I shared a ski chalet with 13 years ago. They were a lovely family unit, Mum and Dad were great and the son and daughter were clearly really well brought up.Fast forward 13 years and the then 13 year old girl is now 26 and on holiday with her boyfriend in our hotel.

I could have sworn I seen her the day before, but thought, what are the odds? When she came up and said 'Buckley?', I was genuinely joyful. The wife and I never discussed it at time, but both volunteered that we'd looked at their family and said that's how we'd want to be with our kids, if we ever had them. 13 years later, that girl, completely randomly, is hugging my 11 year old to congratulate him after he got a certificate for winning a mini-golf competition.

I'm a cynic by nature, but sometimes something happens where you just have to feel.

Right, that's enough positivity, even that's not as good as it used to be and the drinks are too expensive. I don't know how much money to take, or whether to stay in San An or PDB

The highlight of the weekend for me, out here in Lanzarote, was being approached by the daughter from a family the wife and I shared a ski chalet with 13 years ago. They were a lovely family unit, Mum and Dad were great and the son and daughter were clearly really well brought up.Fast forward 13 years and the then 13 year old girl is now 26 and on holiday with her boyfriend in our hotel.

I could have sworn I seen her the day before, but thought, what are the odds? When she came up and said 'Buckley?', I was genuinely joyful. The wife and I never discussed it at time, but both volunteered that we'd looked at their family and said that's how we'd want to be with our kids, if we ever had them. 13 years later, that girl, completely randomly, is hugging my 11 year old to congratulate him after he got a certificate for winning a mini-golf competition.

I'm a cynic by nature, but sometimes something happens where you just have to feel.

Right, that's enough positivity, even that's not as good as it used to be and the drinks are too expensive. I don't know how much money to take, or whether to stay in San An or PDB
quick Canaries trip Buckley🤩

Absolutely gorgeous weather here today!

Timewarp tonight 🔥

Know from the German forum there‘s a fair few people going. If anybody wants to meet up, feel free to post or DM! 🤙

Feel like I've maybe been a bit negative on here of late, in large part projected venting, due to illness and real world stress. However have had some good news about new job, having being messed around for weeks, finally starting next week. Off to a Weatherall tribute here next weekend so will be letting off some steam there. Moral of the story: keep the faith!

Great news @The Sun God Enjoy the Weatherall tribute, there has been one in Tod this weekend too https://ra.co/news/80130

Currently getting some sun in Costa Teguise, Lanzarote. Annoyingly we walked past a busy surf bar which was playing good music Friday night but we'd promised our son he could play in the sqaure. Went back last night, it was shut 😑 caught a lad dj'ing house in a beach bar yesterday with a saxophone player joining in which was fun

Plans for Friday again and off to catch Halina Rice.
Got intrigued by an ad on Instagram and looks interesting so off we go.

Followed up by watching some 80% likely to be rubbish boring football in pretty much a dead rubber game. Joy.

Good fun watching the PSG game last night. A lot of Parisians in the bar in good voice. One of my old buddies is over too so a few sore heads today!

Had a knee op (Meniscus tear) on Tuesday, I'm on the "Pat" for 2 weeks. Hoping to get back to normal after over 12 months of pain.
Nothing planned, not even house jobs for me for a few weeks.
Then the dancing shoes are on, big change for me this year.
Hope it’s a speedy recovery from the op for you!

Had a knee op (Meniscus tear) on Tuesday, I'm on the "Pat" for 2 weeks. Hoping to get back to normal after over 12 months of pain.
Nothing planned, not even house jobs for me for a few weeks.
Then the dancing shoes are on, big change for me this year.

get well soon!

Back