Weekend Plans

So started new job here on Sat, working part time in education (reminded of a classic thread!) Strange new world. Staff all so young. It means each week will be different and unpredictable, making it impossible to plan too much. Trying to get extra income too doing something else. Any of you moonlight or do you just burn out?

Didn't go out in the end. Too knackered. The summer's here at last, and so is the hayfever along with the usual gripes about tourists, noise, prices and pollution. One of my Brighton pals was over as well and we sank a few around town. We were talking about stress and stuff. I dunno if it hits everyone around 50 but trying not to crap yourself about everything is a major challenge. I've tried switching off the news more and more.
Guess everyone handles it differently but having two projects/jobs can allow you to really concentrate on one for its allotted time, switch off and concentrate on the other. Manage expectations, time and know when your bread and butter is being negatively affected.

I stopped reading/watching the news around time I turned 50, shortly after the COVID nonsense.
I'm still a worrier though

Yeah, I certainly cut back and unfollowed a lot of people just regurgitating the news. One or two people still think we have a cushy life here but anxiety's still a thing for us here. Bureaucracy, family stuff, health, it never ends. Obv not unique in any of that but you notice it all more these days (?)

Yeah, I certainly cut back and unfollowed a lot of people just regurgitating the news. One or two people still think we have a cushy life here but anxiety's still a thing for us here. Bureaucracy, family stuff, health, it never ends. Obv not unique in any of that but you notice it all more these days (?)
It's odd how people our parents age dont seem to have any GAD.Thats what im seeing anyway

It's odd how people our parents age dont seem to have any GAD.Thats what im seeing anyway

It is there but more hidden. That generation didn't get counselling or much help. A lot of dark stuff was kept under wraps. Probably why people drank so hard. I think the kids now probably find the tech easier to handle whereas I find myself screaming at screens, two stage passwords etc and when you can't reach a human or discuss stuff with a human, you start going mad.

Great afternoon in the pub watching villa yesterday.

MACH show this week at the NEC, that probably won’t mean much to anyone, but it’s a great day out if you are in manufacturing, free beer all day, as much as you want, which is why we always go on the Friday.

Feel like I've maybe been a bit negative on here of late, in large part projected venting, due to illness and real world stress. However have had some good news about new job, having being messed around for weeks, finally starting next week. Off to a Weatherall tribute here next weekend so will be letting off some steam there. Moral of the story: keep the faith!
You might like this write up @The Sun God

Early start to the weekend tomorrow lunchtime when I pick up a couple of mates and head to Stansted.

Flight to Dublin. drop bags to our mates house and out to dinner.

Saturday - train to Galway, check in to a nice townhouse we've rented. Try and take it easy Saturday night

Sunday - Galway half-marathon. I'm nowhere near ready and fully expect my footy-tightening hamstrings to give me bother on hills. I'll be happy just to finish. Out afterwards, stay at townhouse Sunday night.

Monday - train back to Dublin and flight home

my weekend will consist in some hiking, then doing works around the house, getting it ready for summer, plenty of hours in front of the screens to get admin work done...and maybe, just maybe a visit to chinois on sat to see gerd janson and tini.
A good reward for the weekend’s hard work

Early start to the weekend tomorrow lunchtime when I pick up a couple of mates and head to Stansted.

Flight to Dublin. drop bags to our mates house and out to dinner.

Saturday - train to Galway, check in to a nice townhouse we've rented. Try and take it easy Saturday night

Sunday - Galway half-marathon. I'm nowhere near ready and fully expect my footy-tightening hamstrings to give me bother on hills. I'll be happy just to finish. Out afterwards, stay at townhouse Sunday night.

Monday - train back to Dublin and flight home
Good luck for the half marathon!

Back to uni, bleurgh. Nearly there, one more year, 3 more assignments. Whoever thought doing a Masters alongside two proper jobs would be tricky.....?

if its a means to an end, it'll be worth it
I think it was probably a poor choice on reflection- it doesn't feel like it will actually bring that many benefits after I'm done. But I only realised that 18 months in, and by then I was too far through it to bin it.

Back