Weekend Plans

Fri - up at 4am drove lake district to hike for 6hours, Crinkle Crag and Bowfell with the dog
20240322-084701.jpg

Back to see family before a meal with lads at a grill, then over Manchester for a surprise 40th in a brewery set in some railway arches. Finished the night in Burnley 1:30am sensible as other went deeper into town 😁

Sat - son's football at 9am. Family day, meant to go wrestling but it's been cancelled.

Sunday - Stockled Park. Country House and estate, loads of kids activities, outdoora, science and indoor play area. Something kind Easter egg hunt.

Should be a good one

Last edited:
Fri - up at 4am drove lake district to hike for 6hours, Crinkle Crag and Bowfell with the dog
20240322-084701.jpg

Back to see family before a meal with lads at a grill, then over Manchester for a surprise 40th in a brewery set in some railway arches. Finished the night in Burnley 1:30am sensible as other went deeper into town 😁

Sat - son's football at 9am. Family day, meant to go wrestling but it's been cancelled.

Sunday - Stockled Park. Country House and estate, loads of kids activities, outdoora, science and indoor play area. Something kind Easter egg hunt.

Should be a good one
Pppffffttttt

I don't think you need to driving speedboats or DJing at Amnesia to post your plans.

My posts are very 'much notes from a surburban Dad of 2' these days 🤣
Oh it wasn't that I don't do anything interesting but literally with the children now being self sufficient I really mostly do nothing 😃

Anyway Friday night was ace, yesterday we were both tired though, a great warm up before next weekends Easter Ibiza jaunt.

Today off to have a walk round Bristol Harbourside.

Saturday - pick up my sister and drop her and my boys to my folks. Then on to the main event - quarter final in which our over 45s Vets A team has been drawn against our over 45s B team. Huge bragging rights on offer!

Day 2 DOMS agony after this, won 4-0, but far more competitve than when I usually play against lads in their 20s. Most of our B team are Gaelic footballers and can definitely feel that today!

Flight from Geneva Friday night, arriving late in ibiza, so staying the first night at weird Swiss-Spaniards place.
Picking the car Saturday morning, and going straight to Portinatx for a two days marathon of food and drinks with the friends.
Shamarkanda, Balansat and La Vida Loca already booked.

gotta happen between april 11th and april 23rd, at some point midweek. but definitely up for it and @TiffyBarrett if you're back from dubai until then, you're welcome to join (as well as anyone else from the forum around on those dates)
Yes please! Although after Pikes opening weekend is better for me (so from 16th April).

@Clara & @TiffyBarrett let's do tues 16 in that case, by then you'll be hopefully recovered after pikes opening. let's message each others for details. also, anyone else on the forum wanting to join for a hike that day, feel free to PM me and join.

Back