Weekend Plans

Cold weekend in London town.. so much changed.. holy moses.. Sat party at dartmouth arms near tufnell park promised great things with old pals but the staff had stupidly double booked and i had to defend my dj mates from a load of posh, entitled 30yr old wankers demanding abba and fcking coldplay.. shoreditch yesterday, changed loads too.. all the old dirty rave dens are now theme bars and restaurants.. at least red lion and bricklayers still going. Nice to get a decent roast, god's gift to sunday cuisine

Excuse my absence. I’ve been side tracked by an MRI scan for an ongoing problem with my hips. Thought it was arthritis. Turns out it’s not ( which is good ) but is actually something called Transient Osteoporosis of the Hips . It means my thigh bone is in a bad way and needs no weight on it. So I’ve got crutches. It’ll sort itself out but might take 6 to 12 months. Meaning I won’t be doing much of anything apart from swimming a few times a week.
All I’m doing this weekend is our radio show on Sunday which will be raising money for a good cause. https://www.awamutogether.co.uk/biggive
Plenty of booze infront of the wood burner, too.

Speedy recovery Marts

Excuse my absence. I’ve been side tracked by an MRI scan for an ongoing problem with my hips. Thought it was arthritis. Turns out it’s not ( which is good ) but is actually something called Transient Osteoporosis of the Hips . It means my thigh bone is in a bad way and needs no weight on it. So I’ve got crutches. It’ll sort itself out but might take 6 to 12 months. Meaning I won’t be doing much of anything apart from swimming a few times a week.
All I’m doing this weekend is our radio show on Sunday which will be raising money for a good cause. https://www.awamutogether.co.uk/biggive
Plenty of booze infront of the wood burner, too.

Sorry to hear this mate...chin up and hopefully it will be sorted sooner than later

Saturday evening I got bored of shit bars with colleagues at 1:30am in town. Tried getting a taxi on an app, no one picking up so went to the office where I was put in 3 taxis who refused the job because of the snow (it was mainly the price, they wanted double - like that makes it safer 😒) in the end a driver was made to take me to a small town 20minutes away where my friends had a House night. Didn't have to pay entry which was a bonus and enjoyed 2+hrs of decent music in a club I've not been in before. Then back to a house party for a while.

Blackpool was replaced with ten pin bowling and a nice Sunday lunch.

I had an early finish fri due to weather which was worst thing that could of happened. Straight to boozer and lets just say got a bit carried away and i’m still feeling the effects. Not the best idea when i’ve got a big weekend coming up🆘

Another great weekend incoming!

Tonight my eldest has decided to forgo his Arsenal session so we can go to to the British Library's Xmas Tree Light's switch on and the opening of 'The Last Word' there, a new community hub. Mince pies on offer, so I was an easy sell! Pizza Express booked for round the corner from there to get our usual Friday pizza fix, before coming home for Sleepover in The Cloud.

Saturday: Take the kids for haircuts (or maybe do them myself, haven't decided yet), pick up my Sister and then take them all to my folks. I'll be leaving them there for a long trip down to Bromley to play in a quarter final, presuming it isn't rained off. 1.30pm kick off, so don't go to extra time, I might make it home or nearby in time for Arsenal vs Villa. Big game, as Villa are flying at the moment and the last thing we (Arsenal) need is a stutter before the end of the year.

Sunday - Take the youngest for his rugby match in the morning, then get him home and cleaned up. Then taking the family to visit Santa and some reindeers are a localish pub, where we'll have a very good (I'm told) Sunday Roast.

(Last weekend before next Saturday's flight to Tenerife for the festive period, so trying to get the kid's some UK Xmas spirit in before meeting Santa on the beach!)

Last edited:
Fri - quiet. We've been invited to the local pub but can not be arsed. Had a lot of weather this last few days and the sofa is appealing.

Sat - football training in the am. Some kind of family activity lunch time. Mrs is going WHP For Defected/Glitter box with a gaggle of girls - can't lie, I'm jealous and would go if we had a sitter. Best mate's Mrs is going WHP, so we are taking the kids to Blackpool to see the illumination, plays some 2p machines and get fish and chips. Mini bus going from ours, so we will see if an after party arrives back early hours....

Sunday - she wants a good kip, plan to keep young man occupied either in the hottub or park - maybe both. Booked an expensive meet with Father Christmas at a local petting zoo, has a good indoor play area. Hopefully food but I know the sofa will be calling for the better half early evening 😁

very very not well. Minimal sleep , paranoia through the roof sat in Leeds train station with a bag of cans

Weekend of joy approaches!

Eldest finishes school at lunchtime today, youngest tomorrow. Hopefully their Nintendo Switch Xmas pressie gets delivered before oldest gets home today so I can hide it!

No Arsenal session on Friday, as it's not on, but eyes down for Saturday's flight to Tenerife - 2 weeks of sunshine, returning 30th December. Can't wait!

Back